Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason TTS was re-recorder is that the original recordings were at a lower bitrate that wouldn't blend well with the newer, higher sampler rates of TTS's audio. Also, according to one of the VAs (I can't remember who), the MGS1 voice quality was so unacceptable that Konami could pick up background noises of (ready for this?) TRUCKS ON THE STREET!

I wish I could quote that but that's what I remembered from various interviews and podcasts. Hope that clears the mystery!

Good info, I never knew that about the trucks lol. I think it was Ryan Payton brought that information out, thank god he's gone. :yess:

MGS1 had one of the best audio cast in gaming, for that to be gone, in a sense, is a damn shame

I think it's safe to say it had the greatest acting in gaming, it was the first that truly had amazing acting and I don't think anything has topped it since.

Of course you got Resident Evil at the other end of the spectrum with the most hideous acting in gaming history :D

I like all the pics and how he looks, but for some reason the figure is just not getting me excited. Got to wait for some in hand pics I suppose, but right now I'm holding off on him.

Luka has some pics out; but I think most are in box and packaging.

The reason TTS was re-recorded is that the original recordings were at a lower bitrate that wouldn't blend well with the newer, higher sampler rates of TTS's audio. Also, according to one of the VAs (I can't remember who), the MGS1 voice quality was so unacceptable that Konami could pick up background noises of (ready for this?) TRUCKS ON THE STREET!

I wish I could quote that but that's what I remembered from various interviews and podcasts. Hope that clears the mystery!

Please do. No self respecting MGS fan would be complete without The Doc of MGS2. It's really awesome and opens up a lot of what you'd be normally curious about MGS2.

:exactly::goodpost: beat me to it lol

I remember the podcasts your talking about. They have the technology to improve the quality nowadays, its ashame that won't happen. I remember they said they rerecorded it to make changes aswell, like accents (maybe take away jeremy blaustines improvements)

Doc of MGS2 is a must. Remixed music, in-game models, full game script, interactive cutscenes, Artwork, press materials, merchandise catalogue. Just fantastic, the best fan material ever made!!

:exactly::goodpost: beat me to it lol

I remember the podcasts your talking about. They have the technology to improve the quality nowadays, its ashame that won't happen. I remember they said they rerecorded it to make changes aswell, like accents (maybe take away jeremy blaustines improvements)

Doc of MGS2 is a must. Remixed music, in-game models, full game script, interactive cutscenes, Artwork, press materials, merchandise catalogue. Just fantastic, the best fan material ever made!!

Makes me wish I had the artbook for 2 & supposed there was one for 3.

Keep in mind though when Sheva from RE5 came out her box and specs said BSAA version and that was the only one we got.

Keep in mind though when Sheva from RE5 came out her box and specs said BSAA version and that was the only one we got.

Thats true, but she was a sidekick from only one game whereas every other RE5 figure had two versions as they were in multiple games, so Snake has a better chance. The Boss, not so much

Both MGS1 and 2!

How long before we even see a teaser for another Snake. Hot Toys are very hard to predict, its very annoying. I don't wanna wait a year just for them to announce a fatigues naked snake :mad:

You guys have to much faith in hot toys we aren't getting anything besides mgs 3 unless I'm proven wrong which would be great .

You guys have to much faith in hot toys we aren't getting anything besides mgs 3 unless I'm proven wrong which would be great .

I guess the future of this line depends on now, meaning how much naked snakes and bosses are sold.

:lol

Well, now that the Dark Knight trilogy is at an end; and we won't see another Avenger's related movie for awhile; I'm guessing hot toys will work on other projects.

:pray:

I don't count on HT making anything, that's why I'm working on getting it done myself with custom parts makers.

Plisken, I don't know if you're into the customizing figures end of all this, but a member on here Amnur is working with me to produce headsculpts based on Shinkawa's artwork. There's a thread in the interest subforum of the customs section.

It's crazy though that characters like New Goblin, Noland, the Tron figures, Baby Doll, and others have been made before MGS2 Solid when HT has the liscence. That's weird. I'm pretty sure Solid Snake is more popular than all of them combined.

I guess the future of this line depends on now, meaning how much naked snakes and bosses are sold.

:lol

Well, now that the Dark Knight trilogy is at an end; and we won't see another Avenger's related movie for awhile; I'm guessing hot toys will work on other projects.

:pray:

Like Predators again or iron man again or other batmen :slap

It's crazy though that characters like New Goblin, Noland, the Tron figures, Baby Doll, and others have been made before MGS2 Solid when HT has the liscence. That's weird. I'm pretty sure Solid Snake is more popular than all of them combined.

Can you give me a link to where it says hot toys has mgs 2 license?

The have the metal gear solid license. Metal gear solid means the franchise. Come on now.

Back