1/6 Hot Toys Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years-1/6 scale Captain America (Concept Art)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish the A was a little darker, but still pretty awesome.

Maybe something like this? :lol

Yes, I agree. Neither of the two A's (uniform & helmet) should be brighter/more reflective than the grey of the shields. But I imagine the boat has sailed on the design specs, so unlikely to see any last minute tweaks by HT.

cap concept.jpg

Torn on this. Looks fantastic, but I have plenty of Caps and plenty of PO's coming. Decisions....

From an artbook i recently purchased. Kind of unusual releasing a figure based on concept art. Since i display my aou cap with helmet i can use the unmasked portrait on this. Hmmm
6c86ef63bddee5c6b88799b5d7a49c0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah, glad I pre-ordered this and T'Chaka

I like tchaka, i just cant figure out where he would really fit in with my collection. If got that, then i would have to get killmonger and thats how my slippery slope goes.

I like tchaka, i just cant figure out where he would really fit in with my collection. If got that, then i would have to get killmonger and thats how my slippery slope goes.

Ha, I've got T'Challa pre-ordered, but might have to get Killmonger too.

Shame they're so far away.

Hmm, Hot Toys says that this is the first of the tenth anniversary figures. I hope they’ll be remaking some figures, a new WW2 Cap would be amazing!

Hmm, Hot Toys says that this is the first of the tenth anniversary figures. I hope they’ll be remaking some figures, a new WW2 Cap would be amazing!

As I pick up every Cap Figure, I’d look forward to that too, but you might find HT do only this one Cap and then do a concept for each other avenger. I know it’s unlikely, as IM has a hundred variants already, and I don’t know how big a seller BW or Hawkeye are already with screen used costumes, but it might be one Cap and we’re done. I sincerely hope it’s more Caps too, though. You just need to see all the alternate costumes we never got to see he still has a lot of legs.

As I pick up every Cap Figure, I’d look forward to that too, but you might find HT do only this one Cap and then do a concept for each other avenger. I know it’s unlikely, as IM has a hundred variants already, and I don’t know how big a seller BW or Hawkeye are already with screen used costumes, but it might be one Cap and we’re done. I sincerely hope it’s more Caps too, though. You just need to see all the alternate costumes we never got to see he still has a lot of legs.
Instead of doing more alternative costumes we never got, I'd prefer HT finally did Steven Grant Rogers before he got the serum. That's what I wanna see tbh. I have a Cap display with various outfits and from different eras and there's no skinny Steve. That's just sad. :(

Instead of doing more alternative costumes we never got, I'd prefer HT finally did Steven Grant Rogers before he got the serum. That's what I wanna see tbh. I have a Cap display with various outfits and from different eras and there's no skinny Steve. That's just sad. :(

Agreed. In general I would rather the exclusives be new characters or versions of existing characters from the movies that we didn't get as regular releases.

I guess you could get the teenage groot and try to put regular hands on it and a suit and of course the feet/shoes. Otherwise they would need to engineer a new body.

There were a lot cool concepts for all of the avengers which is very bad for my wallet.

Tell me about it.
I can resist new IM armours just fine, but i can't resist concept Cap variants...

There are smaller bodies on the market. I reckon HT could source a smaller body.
The Medicom bodies are smaller and thinner and would work, so it's not impossible:

A5D21E05-0A0D-4CFB-8070-F1867CFCCA92.jpg

9DC23D43-0F9C-4472-BAF6-F46581CF97F1.jpg

76CAB5B7-A89A-417F-972C-B94F0976D81F.jpg

Tell me about it.
I can resist new IM armours just fine, but i can't resist concept Cap variants...

There are smaller bodies on the market. I reckon HT could source a smaller body.
The Medicom bodies are smaller and thinner and would work, so it's not impossible:

A5D21E05-0A0D-4CFB-8070-F1867CFCCA92.jpg

9DC23D43-0F9C-4472-BAF6-F46581CF97F1.jpg

76CAB5B7-A89A-417F-972C-B94F0976D81F.jpg
The problem isn't the body, it's the head. ;) So HT would have to make a new sculpt and create a fitting body. I bet they'd sell a lot but they seem to like doing repaints so i don't really have much hope ... :lol

I dont think the head would need to be much smaller though, maybe thinner. Yeah probably more gaunt i guess.

Back