Hot Toys Marvel Movie figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. Considering how HT will have their plates full with Iron Man 2, Spider-Man 4, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, I would think that we'll see small pockets of past films. You'll get Blade for sure, the main X cast, I wonder though if we'll see past Spidey figures before we see the new ones depending on when they kick off the lines.

The possibilities are endless however, I am of the mindset the 'old' Marvel movie development will be limited. Whatever they make, I am sure it will be re-usable in terms of supply and upcoming movies to reduce R & D.

- Spiderman 1 - 3: Spiderman in red / blue and black along with Venom.
Perhaps a Green Goblin and Doc Ock.

- X-men 1 -3: Wolverine and Magneto
Perhaps a Cyclops and a female character.

- Blade 1- 3: Blade and ??? I don't know the movie that well.

- Punisher: Jane, Stevenson (hope not Dolph): Easy to do but I doubt we see a figure

- Hulk: Collectors say yes, but requires special consideration with scale and muscle v plastic. I don't see one in the near future.

- Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Elektra for get about any characters IMO.

- In addition rumors (or verfied) movies on the horizon include: IM 2, Spiderman 4 - 6, XMO: Magneto, XMO: Wolverine 2, Ghost Rider 2, Captain America, Thor, The Avengers along with Fantastic Four & Daredevil re-boots. Each movie would bring a plethera of old (re-usable) and new character choices.

Needless to say, I am really looking forward to this line. I hope my thoughs are way off-base and we get a good supply of old and new characters. I guess time will tell.

The possibilities are endless however, I am of the mindset the 'old' Marvel movie development will be limited. Whatever they make, I am sure it will be re-usable in terms of supply and upcoming movies to reduce R & D.

- Spiderman 1 - 3: Spiderman in red / blue and black along with Venom.
Perhaps a Green Goblin and Doc Ock.

- X-men 1 -3: Wolverine and Magneto
Perhaps a Cyclops and a female character.

- Blade 1- 3: Blade and ??? I don't know the movie that well.

- Punisher: Jane, Stevenson (hope not Dolph): Easy to do but I doubt we see a figure

- Hulk: Collectors say yes, but requires special consideration with scale and muscle v plastic. I don't see one in the near future.

- Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Elektra for get about any characters IMO.

- In addition rumors (or verfied) movies on the horizon include: IM 2, Spiderman 4 - 6, XMO: Magneto, XMO: Wolverine 2, Ghost Rider 2, Captain America, Thor, The Avengers along with Fantastic Four & Daredevil re-boots. Each movie would bring a plethera of old (re-usable) and new character choices.

Needless to say, I am really looking forward to this line. I hope my thoughs are way off-base and we get a good supply of old and new characters. I guess time will tell.

I agree with just about everything you've said here. There will be enough new Marvel movies coming out that non-hits like Elecktra, FF, Ghost Rider, Daredevil and (unfortunately) Hulk won't be worth the time and effort for them.

I really really hope they take their time with the Marvel licenses and give us more than just one or two characters per line (which is their usual m.o.).

For some Marvel movies/series it'd be okay to just release 1 figure, but X-Men specifically and FF4 and possibly Spider-Man deserve a full roster of significant characters.

If you watch Rome you'll see Stevenson is an amazing actor. To me a troubled broken sole of a Punisher who kills because his family was killed by mobsters makes the character too cliche'd. No one cares, it was unique for a marvel comic in the late 70's but now it's just been done too much. they touched on it in PWZ but his serious demeanor with the over the top camp around him was the perfect juxtaposition that made the Ennis comics bring life into the character. A punisher movie can't be anything other than a dark comedy. Stevenson looked and acted the part, and was believeable in an unbelievable world. Thomas Jane's character was weak, whiny too young and simply a half assed cop who finds a skull t shirt on a beach and decides to become the worlds greatest killer? And you ask me to take this movie seriously? I don't think so. At least PWZ never asked me of that and I can respect that.

Anyway I think this is about all I'd relly like from a Marvel movie line

Wolverine - X2
Professor X
Magneto
Spider-Man
Wolverine Origins Sabertooth
Nightcrawler
Blade
Iron Monger

Possibly...

Cyclops
Jean
Mystique
Stevenson Punisher - would love one im just really happy with my custom

I loved the first two X-Men and while I really liked the first Spider-Man (the second two sucked) all the character designs but Spider-Man looked too horrible to warrant a 200 dollar purchase and other characters from X-Men I'd skip on because I have no need for a Halle Berry as Storm with that god awful wig,

I hated the Hulks and Ghost Rider movies but guess i would buy a really awesome looking hulk from the second one and a Ghost Rider because they looked right out of the books.

Actually didn't hate the FF films and the characters all looked god but dont think i like the FF themselves enough to warant $200 purchases

Hated Daredevil, the cast and the character designs but love Daredevil mythology so yah, im waiting in baited breath fora re-make.

The development of the Marvel line will be interesting. Superhero's have little in terms of accesories beyond spandix and their super power. How do you translate that into a $175 - $200 action figure? XMO: Wolverine comes with a new body and hefty price tag which I have no problem paying. Battle-damaged Ironman is up on ebay for around the same cost which again I can justify.

However, Spiderman 1 -3, Blade 1 -3, Punisher, X-men 1- 3 (Magneto, Cyclops) the list goes on but they will have little in terms of accessories and will use existing bodies which I do not think warrant a higher price tag. I hope HT offers these figures at a realistic cost or offer more (2 in 1 etc.) to justify a higher cost. John Connor, Marcus Wright are two recent examples of figures with a good bit of accessories at a decent price.

I would expect odd figures (Hulk, Ghost Rider, Beast etc.) outside the norm to pay extra. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out. I hope we hear something soon.

There's no way I could not buy a Whistler figure. But aside from that gem, I'd love to see Blade (part 2), Nightcrawler, Mystique, Magneto, Spidey, Doc Ock (if they made a Doc Ock that could be posed walking on his tentacles :drool). Beast is one of my favorite Marvel characters but I don't think I could buy one based on that half assed makep from X3.
I'd love a 1/6 Hulk but not if they go the rubber body route. I don't mind the rubber bodies but I'd want Hulk to have as much articulation as possible.

Punisher wasn't one of the films mentioned. Personally I'd LOVE a Stevenson Castle.

But I can see them making Spider-man, Goblin, Ock, Venom, Wolverine (x-suit), Cyclops, Magneto. And that's probably it until they bring out DX versions of all of them.

I can GAURUNTEE one of those, wait and see......

Punisher wasn't one of the films mentioned. Personally I'd LOVE a Stevenson Castle.

But I can see them making Spider-man, Goblin, Ock, Venom, Wolverine (x-suit), Cyclops, Magneto. And that's probably it until they bring out DX versions of all of them.

I personally thought Punisher war zone was terrible! But stevenson did play a good punisher. Its not his fault the script was garbage. Id be down for a figure of tom Jane as the punisher.

I personally thought Punisher war zone was terrible! But stevenson did play a good punisher. Its not his fault the script was garbage. Id be down for a figure of tom Jane as the punisher.

The script was much worse in the Jane Punisher though. Anyhow - HT announced Blade, X Movies and Spider-man. I'm sure that at least the first 6 figures will come from these titles rather than any other Marvel pic.

The script was much worse in the Jane Punisher though. Anyhow - HT announced Blade, X Movies and Spider-man. I'm sure that at least the first 6 figures will come from these titles rather than any other Marvel pic.

I would love figures from other films like Punisher, Hulk etc. but I agree with you. They announced Spiderman, X-men and Blade which I think will be their focus until IM 2, Captain America, Thor etc. hit theaters in the coming years.

I doubt we see a huge assortment of figures from prior films, I bet the agreement was intended for future films not so much past films. Alas, who knows until more information is released.

Here is the thing, HT isn't churning these things out. Now one can assume that when they made the announcement they had stuff in the works. I think before the next wave of Marvel comes out starting with Iron Man 2, you'll see one from each line. Maybe the original Blue/Red Spidey (since the weblines and patterning were severely different), Blade probably from Trinity (that way they can reuse the Reynolds sculpt on Wade Wilson and retool for Hal Jordan) and something from X-Men, I don't think Wolverine but of his own line but you never know.

"The script was much worse in the Jane punisher though.":rotfl Your funny! I cant wait to see their spiderman figures!

Back