Hot Toys Mandalorian Season 3 Moff Gideon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap'n Cook

Vengeance 🦇
CF Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_7143.jpeg

Huh, a teaser on a Saturday morning? I bet we’ll see him on display at the next convention. Would love to see a new and improved Giancarlo Esposito sculpt, even if I wasn’t crazy about them going all “Super Shredder” with Gideon.

Ahaha funny thing I just finish up my Moff Gideon custom today ahaha what a coincidence
738C6A75-21A4-41D9-9AB0-CF4745C8FFA5.jpeg

Attachments

• 1700A397-52E6-419A-9DF6-A6E86D7CCA63.jpeg
    1700A397-52E6-419A-9DF6-A6E86D7CCA63.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 90C8EE38-5081-40BB-9ECC-1115FB18EB3E.jpeg
    90C8EE38-5081-40BB-9ECC-1115FB18EB3E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 415BD34D-6817-419A-A35B-B38456AC1E67.jpeg
    415BD34D-6817-419A-A35B-B38456AC1E67.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • A6010471-C1DC-42ED-8C24-9191B4057261.jpeg
    A6010471-C1DC-42ED-8C24-9191B4057261.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 8D9D5C75-A2CC-43C7-B3EA-9D02E13575FC.jpeg
    8D9D5C75-A2CC-43C7-B3EA-9D02E13575FC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 09AFD3EF-7F50-406F-8DDF-CE0F27576436.jpeg
    09AFD3EF-7F50-406F-8DDF-CE0F27576436.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
We all knew it would happen sooner rather than later. That just screamed "TOYS", like a lot of things on Mando. I will get this. However, I really wish they gave an explanation on why Gideon went with the whole Maul Mando look. Like even a throwaway line about how a dark sider came to rule your people. Or if we want to go in the other direction of how Gideon is obsessed with getting force powers they could've made it more obvious that he was doing it as a homage to Maul. Or just, "I found this wicked cool helmet on Mandalore and decided to model it after it". It was just a big time gap between when Maul ruled and Gideon made his helmet. I thought there'd be a cool explanation. End rant 😂

Original Gideon is good enough for me. Season three was very hit and miss and Gideon in Mando armor was just silly.
All of Star Wars is pretty silly when you get right down to it... This is where most of the Andor hopefuls sort of lose sight of what might work from a story telling perspective but not from a visual aesthetic perspective and vice versa. This will look fantastic on the shelf, IMO.

This is exactly why andor got zero figures and Lando doesn’t sell. Cool characters but for some, no shelf presence. That moff g looks great. I actually hope that ht goes crazy for season 3 and gives my wallet a break. I don’t even know if I want the Luke anymore from the show and I never bothered with Kuiil. With everything pointing towards the worst order, I’m out of mando figures. Also, I’d prefer any cassian or lando, even though the Moff figure would look awesome.

This is exactly why andor got zero figures and Lando doesn’t sell. Cool characters but for some, no shelf presence. That moff g looks great. I actually hope that ht goes crazy for season 3 and gives my wallet a break. I don’t even know if I want the Luke anymore from the show and I never bothered with Kuiil. With everything pointing towards the worst order, I’m out of mando figures. Also, I’d prefer any cassian or lando, even though the Moff figure would look awesome.
Yep...and I feel fortunate that we got ESB Lando and Skill Lando as that's one more Lando than I thought we'd get...

To my eye, this is one of least inspired designs in Star Wars- and modern Star Wars is rife with poor designs.
Though some may see a cool, intimidating, and badass figure with ‘presence,’ I see a derivative, generic, predictable and lazy reminder of a predictable, generic and lazy third series.

Collector preferences vary and I can sway between the motivation to own characters I love/enjoyed greatly and those who simply look cool, even if from a disappointing show or movie, but Gideon meets neither criteria.
I felt he lost his edge immediately after he first arrived and failed to capture a few rogues surrounded and pinned down in a bar despite having an entire battalion of troopers and heavy artillery and ships at his disposal.

All of Star Wars is pretty silly when you get right down to it... This is where most of the Andor hopefuls sort of lose sight of what might work from a story telling perspective but not from a visual aesthetic perspective and vice versa. This will look fantastic on the shelf, IMO.
I mean I don’t entirely disagree but Gideon in the Mando armor really felt overly silly and like it was done just to sell new figures.

This is me as well. Mando 3 was awful. No interest in IG-12 or the "hobo Mandos". Also not sure I need any figures from the Ahsoka show except for Thrawn.

Happy to have Clone Wars stuff to occupy wallet the next few months.😁

Looking forward to the reveal, but no interest in owning this figure. I still haven't purchased any Mandalorian figures, though I've been tempted. Waiting on that updated Bo Katan and to see if S3 Mando doesn’t have all the soot on the armor

Last edited:
Neat Saturday reveal, but not for me, don't think I'll be getting anything from S3 of Mando.

Really interested to see what the Summer exclusives are going to be though, they're are usually revealed by now.

Back