Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks very good, but more often than not, once the paint apps are done the sculpt looks very different...

Well all depends who is doing your paint apps [emoji3]. But sure you're right, it's one thing to have a sculpt and something else to have a great end product.

I know the purists will hate this, but HT should be using this more modern technique as an aid to take it to the next level. I mean the nose on JL WW is just not right. And there are often little things which just don't match.

What better than to use a photo as a direct basis on the 3D sculpt. But I'm sure there are pros and cons of using computer sculpting.

It might stain or darken the skin tone on the seamless body if left on for a long period of time..apparently HT uses a material for their cloaks ( Star Wars included) that stains the skin tone of a figure , especially a seamless bodied one

Which is a shame and ridiculous because a lot of people got the deluxe so they can display her with the cloak

Nice picture.

That was part of the reason I switched from the deluxe. Didn't care about the mother box at all and feared the seamless body would be stained.

Online cloak arrived today and must say quality is pretty nice. There is an inner protective liner most likely to prevent staining and the outside quality looks good with hood and belt. It drapes long and has some inside wiring on the edges to position it. Unable to compare it to what came in the deluxe version, but this cloak will do the job for under 20 dollars.

Dark fabrics will always stain... there is no way to avoid it. I wish HT just made a thin plastic "underlayer" you can use so the fabric and figure don't touch. I end up having to make my own plastic underlayers for all my dark fabric figs.

Would handwashing and then air drying the cloak help, maybe? I usually wash jeans, for example before I wear them; however, I once bought a really nicr darker wash pair and was so excited I just wore them straight out of the shipping box and ended up with blue legs. 😂

BBTS still hasn't gotten her in yer- hopefully next week since Sideshow got another shipment in...

She has been wearing her cape since July and does not have any marks on her sk

IMG-6264.jpg

IMG-6259.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome shots. She looks like Gal there far more than the JL version. Great pictures. I hope people can just look at these images and turn around on it.

Back