Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to justinscollection for this video comparison of the TA and the JL heads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smMJBe_MnHc&feature=youtu.be

At 0:39, I noticed that the JL heads nose is narrower and the upper and lower lips has more curvature compared to the TA head. It seems there is a very subtle warp on the lower left part of the JL head near the area of the nose and mouth. This is probably caused by a deformity in the mold, or it not being properly seated before the JL heads were cast. This subtle warp was enough to make the nose a little longer or bigger when seen at the side and narrower when seen in front and from below. The upper lip protrudes more on the JL head compared to the TA head when viewed below at 0:39 of the video. I believe that the TA and JL heads are from the same original sculpt but the JL head unfortunately went through a defective mold, or a mold that was not properly seated.

Interesting synopsis, so you are convinced it only has subtle differences then?

Last edited:
had to photoshop because i feel like shes in there hiding. i feel like the top of her head is just too puffy and not shaped to gadots pointy short top head. anyone get the top to get more along the lines of this , i think it looks a lot more like her

View attachment 425404

This is perfect! Some simple photoshop to show that with some possible modding/futzing, this is worlds better than the BVS sculpt. And further support that it’s the same training armor sculpt.

And yet with all the evidence to the contrary, we’ll still have doubters :)

Anyway, I’m hoping someone can actually accomplish something like this for good measure.

The JL figure comes with good accessories but it's not at all superior. I think some here are just trying to convince themselves for whatever reason. Both are good figures and it's just a matter of taste with regards to the face, hard hawk nose angular or soft dolly.

You cannot pose the JL version as well as you can the BvS as her legs are too far apart at the pelvis and they strangley bow outwards which really throws it for me. You just cannot get the same sort of feminine warrior stances with the JL as you can with the BvS. The skin is also brighter and more shiny on on the JL which is not as screen accurate. The head on the JL is also too small for the body.

You are good with either of these figure but no one is superior at all so those of you who decide to keep the BvS are good and those who missed out and opted for the JL are good. The posing is 'superior' on the BvS but the JL comes with that great base, box and lovely coat.

Last edited:
Yeah now that you mention it the JL legs do seem a bit further apart in your pics. Like they were trying to give Gadot wider hips than she really has for some reason.

Her legs on the JL are too far apart and also bow outwards at knees and shins. This makes her far less feminine. If you look at how Gadot walks, like most models, her legs taper inward at the knee. You cannot do good closed legs stances with the JL version.

The other issue I'm noticing is that the undersized head is making the body look a bit bigger and buffer in comparison than it should be, so that she's almost crossing into female wrestler territory now. And Gadot was never close to that even on her best day.

But ultimately though it's like you said and just comes down to which Imperfect figure you happen to like best.

The other issue I'm noticing is that the undersized head is making the body look a bit bigger and buffer in comparison than it should be, so that she's almost crossing into female wrestler territory now. And Gadot was never close to that even on her best day.

But ultimately though it's like you said and just comes down to which Imperfect figure you happen to like best.

oh her head is definitely too small for this body so it's funny seeing some saying it's 'superior'. :D you are good with either version.

Just got mine. Some things are nice but over all I just get more vibes from the BVS version so defo selling this on. Wish I could keep the coat though. I hope these pics will help with decision making. :)

b68c61e48fce34094f93bd4884a2d678.png

878a4e5d0ef90a0ffb9a0461f491529d.png

76128259376a9b8e400827b8ae14d92d.png

Thank you for the pics.
I remember you pointed out before you even received the figure that the head is smaller, and I actually disagreed with this at first
cause I figured that may be just because of the hair looks too puffy in a lot of the pics giving that impression.
But the first side by side pic definitely shows it is indeed smaller.

Also, the bow legged thing your talking about might be the result of the boots being completely different and smaller.
Someone pointed this out in one of the review videos I've seen. The scratches appear in different areas when you compare, and also, the feet are smaller.
So they actually sculpted new boots for JL.
It gives it a more unnatural look in my opinion, kinda gives the feet a more toyish look.
You can see the size difference in that first pic.

Overall, in the end, you have to go with the one that you would think looks better to your eyes.
For me personally, I do think the BvS looks better.
Still stands to what I perceived before.
JL has better likeness, but BvS looks more attractive.

It's superior for some, and that's absolutely ok.

I think having a preference is fine. I just wouldn't use the word 'superior' in this case.

Thank you for the pics.
I remember you pointed out before you even received the figure that the head is smaller, and I actually disagreed with this at first
cause I figured that may be just because of the hair looks too puffy in a lot of the pics giving that impression.
But the first side by side pic definitely shows it is indeed smaller.

Also, the bow legged thing your talking about might be the result of the boots being completely different and smaller.
Someone pointed this out in one of the review videos I've seen. The scratches appear in different areas when you compare, and also, the feet are smaller.
So they actually sculpted new boots for JL.
It gives it a more unnatural look in my opinion, kinda gives the feet a more toyish look.
You can see the size difference in that first pic.

Overall, in the end, you have to go with the one that you would think looks better to your eyes.
For me personally, I do think the BvS looks better.
Still stands to what I perceived before.
JL has better likeness, but BvS looks more attractive.

Well I'm sure with Wonder Woman 1984, we will have a whole new figure and better sculpt. :)

In your opinion....neither sculpts have a good Gal likeness BUT the BvS to MY eye is closer.

The JL figure definetly has the superior stand...might try to pick one up lose.

The stand is great and I really wanted the coat but as I was unsure, I only took out the figure as I am selling it.

So yeah, of anybody on the UK or Europe wants her at cost, hit me up with a pm. :)

I think they both look good but I prefer the JL one I plan on selling my BVS one, now if sideshow could start shipping her and then bring on the rest of the league :)

Interesting synopsis, so you are convinced it only has subtle differences then?

Hi, yes, I am convinced that the TA and JL heads are from the same sculpt but has subtle differences caused by that warp on the JL head. The difference is so small that it makes people wonder if the TA and JL heads are from the same sculpt. I do hope that there is a JL batch that has no warp on the head.

Hmm. I’m not so sure about this one now. I really don’t like the bow legged look now that people point it out. I always noticed the legs on the BvS version bowed a bit inward and thought that was a bit odd, but when compared to the legs of the JL one, the BvS one does look more feminine. I’m wondering if I should cancel my PO on this and wait for WW84. Plus, that way I’ll have a wider representation of the character (BvS, WW (TA), WW84), while still keeping my WW collection at only three figures.

I do want that coat though, and I know it’ll probably go for high prices on the secondary because people will want to get it loose, and I wanted to put the GK sword and shield from the TA figure on this figure. I’ll have to think about it. I don’t think the figure is bad looking at all, it’s just, not quite there and in some ways is a regression from the BvS version.

Although with the cloak on, you can’t really see her legs anyway, so perhaps it won’t really matter:

wonder-woman-2017-atlas-entertainment-film-with-gal-gadot-here-involved-J81X4K.jpg

Well I'm sure with Wonder Woman 1984, we will have a whole new figure and better sculpt. :)

People said the same thing about the JL version when the BvS version was released, and look where we are now. :lol

Yeah it's frustrating that neither one are really as great as they should be (or look even half as gorgeous as Gadot herself does). Personally I'm hoping I can at least pick up the leather harness from this figure so I can have a more complete look from the standalone movie.

And here's hoping they finally get the tiara right on the next figure as well.

Yeah, I agree.

I do hope they make significant improvements on the WW84 figure, but for some reason I don’t see it happening. It’ll probably be like this figure in comparison to the BvS figure, where they do make improvements in some areas, but others are a regression. I’m sure it’ll have its flaws and I don’t think one of the three will be a clear cut number one; more just a matter of pick which one you personally like best.

Gadot has kind of unique features, so it might be a case where it’s a likeness HT can get close with, but can’t really nail. Especially with rooted hair.

Even after the WW84 figure, I’ll bet the TA version ends up being the best WW figure.

Back