Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I wonder from time to time is how much better Hot Toys can get with these figures and face sculpts. When I look back even 2-3 years the difference is like night and day. Surely we must be getting close to a plateau of reality which can't be overcome ?

Still I guess they may have said that 2-3 years ago........

What I wonder from time to time is how much better Hot Toys can get with these figures and face sculpts. When I look back even 2-3 years the difference is like night and day. Surely we must be getting close to a plateau of reality which can't be overcome ?

It's True. Looking back at some of the figures that came out in Hot toys hayday (2009-2011) And the figures/ sculpts we have now, is truly a leap in Quantity.

Not to mention the company's tayloring has also improved over the years.

Looks up at banner see's Aquaman and Flash, remembers Ripley and Marty....the entire cast of ANH minus Leia.

Peeks at Marvel, Hit, Miss, Hit, Miss.

Conclusion:
I don't agree.

HT has always had their better efforts. They need to be more consistent.

review_aldo_large.jpg

Almost 8 years old.

Last edited:
Agreed. They're hit or miss with their sculpts. Christopher Reeve Supes is nearly six years old and it remains one of their better sculpts to date.

I would say their best efforts as a license have been with the DCEU figures though. Nearly all of them have been dead on. Actually, they really haven't made a bad sculpt on the DC side in general.

The eyes are a little better. More wet and life like. But he wasn't talking about paint.

And even then that goes back a ways. More than 2-3 years.

I dunno.:dunno

I just pre-ordered the deluxe version. Wonder Woman is the single must have figure for me from the DCEU. The solo movie instantly went to one of my favorite all time Superhero films. I was going to wait for the solo movie version, but the inclusion of the cloak from that movie in the JL deluxe version makes me suspicious that they may not go through with releasing a version from that movie. AND if they do, I don't think I will be losing much I don't already get here, especially if I can find a parted out sword and shield from the training version. Or, maybe a third part seller will make the accessories, we will see. Anyway, it seems like this was the right move for getting what I am looking for. I think she will look great with my other milestone figures from DC movies like my Christopher Reeve Superman, and my Keaton Batman. I'll just have to find a different and interesting stand besides the JL one (unless I for some reason decide to get a Superman and Batman from JL, but I doubt I will)

Has anyone ever added wire to a cape or cloak ? Thought it would be cool to try and use the black cloak in movie cloak for the same effect. But would of course need to add some wire to it. Guess it wouldn't be too hard.

Just a note on KG Hobby selling out their pre-orders for this. They may still have some available when the figure finally releases. They have the Ghostbusters in stock now after selling out their pre-orders a year ago. I got my SS Batman from them just after it released despite never pre-ordering.

I'm hoping they get some of the exclusive tactical suit Batman as I didn't lock in a pre-order for that figure.

Anyone looking for a replacement left leg? All armour and foot included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back