Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhhh, for this universe, nah. I love the classic look, but it wouldn’t fit with the movies if you get my drift. I was also falling in love with the rebirth suit and then they went back.

Uhhh, for this universe, nah. I love the classic look, but it wouldn’t fit with the movies if you get my drift. I was also falling in love with the rebirth suit and then they went back.

I don’t.

I agree. Underpants on the outside is the original Reeves look. Leave that with him.

One of the things I love about the Marvel and DC most recent movies is the great blend they have been able to achieve between old and new to create modern takes of the character costumes.

Yeah? Well I wholeheartedly disagree. Adding lines or removing pants doesn’t make things modern. The story does that. I like Cavill and hope there’s still a chance for him to play Supes, but I never considered the guy I saw on screen as Supes. Different costume, different attitudes... I watched great superhero movies but I’m still looking for Superman in them.

Guess they aren’t changing the sculpt after all...

If this is still around by the time my JL TAC Batman and 1/4 Joker ship maybe I’ll use my points on this for that second sculpt. Unless something better comes out.

Yeah? Well I wholeheartedly disagree. Adding lines or removing pants doesn’t make things modern. The story does that. I like Cavill and hope there’s still a chance for him to play Supes, but I never considered the guy I saw on screen as Supes. Different costume, different attitudes... I watched great superhero movies but I’m still looking for Superman in them.

I can agree, but I also think the first two acts of Man of Steel is pure Superman. Then by the time the final boss battle happens, it’s like the writers and directors just throw all that out. And then make him even more less than the character in the sequel.

I can agree, but I also think the first two acts of Man of Steel is pure Superman. Then by the time the final boss battle happens, it’s like the writers and directors just throw all that out. And then make him even more less than the character in the sequel.

Agree, I thought Superman was well done for a good portion of the film; when he was taken into custody with Lois I thought "THAT'S the Superman I want to see more of!".

The trunks would look awful on the Cavill costume, it worked for Reeve and West because of the time they were in.

I liked that Cavill wasn't always pretending to be someone else like Reeve Superman did.

uhhh, but Superman was always pretending to be someone else as Clark Kent since his debut. Its just what Superman does.

The real question is, was Superman really Clark Kent bumbling boy-scout showing his true self to the world and only taking on his alter ego identity as a strong alien to help people, or did Superman pretend to be a clumsy human to mask his true self because that’s what he thought of them?

The real question is, does he like pink?

you mean like this?

Pink-Superman.jpg

The real question is, was Superman really Clark Kent bumbling boy-scout showing his true self to the world and only taking on his alter ego identity as a strong alien to help people, or did Superman pretend to be a clumsy human to mask his true self because that’s what he thought of them?
I've always thought that Superman was his claiming of his own identity. In the one hand, Clark Kent is this average guy from Smallville, on the other hand Kal El is an exotic alien with god-like powers. Superman, though, is what happens when those two elements combine, embracing both aspects of his heritage. Superman is an expression of his complete self, created by himself.

I can see that but where does the identity of the clumsy, nerdy Clark Kent fit in? Is it just his personality and who he is normally when not using his powers or a manifestation of trying his best to hide his competence with a caricature of humanity?

I think that the time of his inception, no one would figure a clumsy nerd like Clark Kent to be the likes of Superman.

Off topic, I hate how perry treats Clark In BvS. I mean, it’s not being a boss, but like a bully.

Back