Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chrome underneath adds so much luster to the suit. The enhanced musculature really works as well. The suit itself makes this figure absolutely worth it.

It works out so much better than I expected.

TBH in Whedon's reshoots the suit looks... well, at times it looks awful. The color is an ugly turquoise. Evidently because he color graded the movie to amp up red spectrum hue (for the red sky in the third act), but that really, really killed the blue suit. And the chrome underneath makes that the musculature to the suit look unnatural and outright fake.

However when you see this HT figure in hand in natural light, you can see what the concept was and how it would have worked with proper photography. Like one day when he was to be back in the blue suit after he had "earned it" I think Zack said. But Zack had always intended to recolor it to black anyway for his director's cut of JL 1.

Bit of a tangent: I'm honestly wondering if the scene of Superman looking down with an aw shucks smile when Alfred says "Master Kent... (yada yada)", which does have better color, is Whedon. Because as many know, the rumor is that the two sonic booms we hear that shake Alfred's glass of bourbon were caused by the arrival of two GLs (maybe Hal and John). And there's a green glow on Alfred's glasses. So it was rewritten and reshot to be Superman.

But anyway that scene does give a better look at what the suit was supposed to look like at least.

It?s a snyder shot, but a compromised snyder shot.

That's my thinking to. What we've seen so far isn't really a prototype, just the BvS suit painted lighter with a new cape and the old sculpt.

They need to completely rework it and get it looking like a mini version of the Prime 1 statue that has just gone up for pre-order.

Given how jacked up Superman is (mustache-gate, and often--usually, even--downright terrible photography imo) I'm actually very satisfied with what they did here. It is exactly what you say and I'm actually glad for it. Because I think Superman as Whedon shot him is not a good look. For many fans this JL Superman figure is the coolest looking Cavill Superman to date.

I'll wait for ZSJL to see the real thing. But then he'll be in a black suit. And they'll release a figure for that, I'm sure.

Given how jacked up Superman is (mustache-gate, and often?usually, even?downright terrible photography imo) I?m actually very satisfied with what they did here. It is exactly what you say and I?m actually glad for it. Because I think Superman as Whedon shot him is not a good look. For many fans this JL Superman figure is the coolest looking Cavill Superman to date.

I?ll wait for ZSJL to see the real thing. But then he?ll be in a black suit. And they?ll release a figure for that, I?m sure.

I'm just looking at it as this being a Superman from a future ZSJL movie, when Supes puts the black suit aside and finishes his arc to the blue and red.

Keep an eye on your release when you get it. A guy on the Sideshow FB page received a returned item that had been thoroughly opened, handled, and repackaged in one of those Sideshow shoeboxes with sticker tags. US purchaser too.

The crazy thing is the the ignorance of other members there. One guy made his defense on "customs opened the figure when it came from China, sent it to Sideshow, and then Sideshow sent it out." The amount of willful ignorance in the world right now just seems to keep amassing.

Keep an eye on your release when you get it. A guy on the Sideshow FB page received a returned item that had been thoroughly opened, handled, and repackaged in one of those Sideshow shoeboxes with sticker tags. US purchaser too.

The crazy thing is the the ignorance of other members there. One guy made his defense on "customs opened the figure when it came from China, sent it to Sideshow, and then Sideshow sent it out." The amount of willful ignorance in the world right now just seems to keep amassing.

Have a link?

Have a link?

Tried to go and grab it, but I can't link it since it's in the Let your geek sideshow thing and it's a closed group. But if you filter by newest posts and go back 15 hours you'll see it. The mods shut it down for comments now. He claims it was delivered to a US address it looks like but he lives in Canada, so I'm assuming he travels across the border to avoid customs charges. Either way, that's not customs doing. That's an official sideshow surrogate box and sticker. I've seen this on Iron Men and Stormtroopers before.

I've noticed especially around Spooktacular that those people in the Sideshow group are nauseating.

Let Your Geek Sideshow is an incredibly toxic Facebook page with random racist and sexist comments enabled by the spineless and rather obtuse moderators who are scared of offending their base. That page has gotten worse as it's attracted the worst sort of fanboyish collector. No one can tolerate a different opinion without whining and losing their ****.

Any legitimate complaint about Sideshow is met with fanboyish defence that borders on felatio.

Tried to go and grab it, but I can't link it since it's in the Let your geek sideshow thing and it's a closed group. But if you filter by newest posts and go back 15 hours you'll see it. The mods shut it down for comments now. He claims it was delivered to a US address it looks like but he lives in Canada, so I'm assuming he travels across the border to avoid customs charges. Either way, that's not customs doing. That's an official sideshow surrogate box and sticker. I've seen this on Iron Men and Stormtroopers before.

Yes, I received my Obi Wan in that box. However, it was in perfect condition. That being said, I don't doubt that guy.

The post is also in One Sixth Republic where the people are much saner. The best community is here, of course.

Some pics with the new sculpt...
7fc93a1fb69c3079b2a7e06203c4fa3c.jpg
fe40e02ec6dc828d3d461c45323cb08f.jpg
67682bbf623332496066015d3dfc3494.jpg

Envoy? de mon Redmi Note 8T en utilisant Tapatalk

I like the sculpt. But the eyes look odd.

Yeah, it's better than I could do, but those eyes are a little wonky. It's a shame that coming from ebay you can't inspect it prior. The one I got could use some touch ups on the hair, but thankfully the eyes are even. Not HT quality eyework, but pretty good.

Yeah, it's better than I could do, but those eyes are a little wonky. It's a shame that coming from ebay you can't inspect it prior. The one I got could use some touch ups on the hair, but thankfully the eyes are even. Not HT quality eyework, but pretty good.
IT s not an eBay sculpt.
It s a custom sculptor and painter.

Envoy? de mon Redmi Note 8T en utilisant Tapatalk

Does anyone know why it is taking so long for Sideshow to get more of this figure in stock to fulfill the rest of the orders for him? I mean I will admit I did order him back in March which probably made me late for the first few shipments they got of him, but I'm just wondering what is taking them so long to get more in stock? I'm just really anxious to have him in my hands soon thats all.

Does anyone know why it is taking so long for Sideshow to get more of this figure in stock to fulfill the rest of the orders for him? I mean I will admit I did order him back in March which probably made me late for the first few shipments they got of him, but I'm just wondering what is taking them so long to get more in stock? I'm just really anxious to have him in my hands soon thats all.

That?s more on hot toys than sideshow. Sideshow is just a distributor.

Dude the answer is COVID-19, thats why its taking so long

Back