Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The end at the bottom of your pic screws into the base, the other is for the waist clamp to place over. Looks like you're missing the black cap that screws on top of the waist clamp like the pic below, unless you just didn't include that piece in yout pic. I don't have this figure, so I don't mean any offense when I ask, but do the instructions not tell you how to do this? I feel like they had a section in my Mos and BVS Superman instructions sheet about the base. I could be wrong. Either way, seems fairly intuitive to me :dunno

View attachment 488436

Yeah, I know where the top and bottom go, but this flight pole is different from all the other ones I have and the clamp piece doesn’t fit on it due to the thicker bulge at the top which isn’t usually there. See my pic.

I am wondering if all JL supes are like this or just mine??

Edit: actually yours in the pic does look similar to mine. You have the clamp at the very top, is that as far down as it goes? Normally you can slide it anywhere on the pole, for example if you want to have him standing.

Is this what the flight stand pole for everyone else?s Superman looks like? Mine has a ?bulge? at both ends, I don?t see how to pry open the holder enough to fit it over (yes I took the screw out). I am afraid of breaking it.

My other stands only seem to have a ?bulge? at the bottom end.

View attachment 488420

Does it only come with the "dynamic" stand post and not the standard post that the rest of the league comes with?

Yeah, I know where the top and bottom go, but this flight pole is different from all the other ones I have and the clamp piece doesn?t fit on it due to the thicker bulge at the top which isn?t usually there. See my pic.

I am wondering if all JL supes are like this or just mine??

Edit: actually yours in the pic does look similar to mine. You have the clamp at the very top, is that as far down as it goes? Normally you can slide it anywhere on the pole, for example if you want to have him standing.
The clamp goes at the top only. The dynamic flight pole has to get awkwardly bent and twisted for standing. He does not come with a standard standing stand either.

It's always confused me how HT package him with a stand made for flight poses but a non wired cape made for standing museum poses.

Not to mention the clamp damaging his suit. Just give us a regular stand already.

The clamp goes at the top only. The dynamic flight pole has to get awkwardly bent and twisted for standing. He does not come with a standard standing stand either.
Thanks, that's good to know...I wonder why they did that, it seems like a step backwards in usefulness for the dynamic stand.

Thanks, that's good to know...I wonder why they did that, it seems like a step backwards in usefulness for the dynamic stand.

They did the same thing with BvS Superman. It kind of drives me a little crazy that BvS Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman all have different stands. The JL stands are so tall that I can't use them anywhere. All my shelves are too short.

I gotta say, this JL Superman figure actually surpasses the fairly high expectations I had for it. It's even better than I had hoped. The suit is stunning. The color is perfect. (From videos I was worried that it'd be too light/bright blue.) The head sculpt accuracy is spot on. The chrome under the mesh suit really does make the musculature pop yet manages to do so subtly. Even the laser eyes head sculpt looks and works great, although I doubt I'll ever display the figure with it.

Feels great to have the DC trinity finally assembled. If I had better light I'd take some photos. But I'll do that in time.

I think this figure has edged out BvS Batman as my new favorite figure.

Did yours have a stretched out S?

The House of El crest looks well proportioned to me. Doesn't look conspicuously small or stretched. Just right, really. I dont own the MoS or BvS figures for comparison though. One small nitpick is that the Kryptonian characters (Joseph Campbell quote) in the middle of the S is there but it's kind of hard to see. I wished it was a little more raised. But that's a tiny issue, the figure overall looks hella impressive. Tremendous shelf presence. He totally grabs the attention for my display.

To add to what I already wrote:

One thing that surprised me (pleasantly) versus what I've seen in review videos is the skin color is farily tanned. Like the skin tone is swarthier than I expected. Wheareas it looks a bit pale in the videos I've seen showing the BvS version in side-by-side comparisons. Which I suppose may be true to life since Henry Cavill isn't usually sporting a tan. And/or maybe the BvS version goes overboard with giving him a tan? But anyway the flesh tones they gave him is a good look. And the paint job itself is superb.

Some videos I've seen show a very prominent crease at the elbows that looks unnatural. Really looks immersion breaking viewed from the side in the videos. For my figure there is such a crease but it's not all that prominent; and looking at him with arms to the side it itsn't noticeable at all.

With his head positioned looking down the neck looks totally normal. I have him looking a bit up since Steppenwolf is about 8'. The neck still looks fine but I think HT did make it just a smidge too long. Even so, it's barely noticeable. A very minor nitpick.

Anyway, I'm really, really pleased with this figure. Glad I held out for it, versus trying to find a BvS figure.

I've got an Unreal wired cape for him arriving next week.

Got a moment this morning to get a quick snap in.

Attachments

• D1DB1600-E25D-4DB8-B05D-25DFD5395C85.jpg
    D1DB1600-E25D-4DB8-B05D-25DFD5395C85.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 232
The colors look so good. I still haven't heard anything from Sideshow unfortunately. I wonder if their full shipment is sitting in a backlog at the port.

I wonder if there’s a chance we get the black suit Superman once the Snyder Cut of Justice League releases. It would be a quick and easy release I would think and I would gladly buy it.

We haven't seen the last of Cavill as Superman. I'm certain that if we don't see a BS Supes out of the Snyder Cut, they'll find a great and unique way to pop it on in his next outing. They all know we want to see it. We'll get it sooner or later.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

For comparing with other member's pics (other quality of mine [emoji18]).

92f52f19f056289bbd66c282cf480284.jpg
2f73fca8fcbe50978e330dec587e2339.jpg

Hmm, the elongated S glyph seems a bit more accurate to me, imho. I think what throws it off is the seams on the fabric of the actual suit are on the corners of the collar, which helps the gap between the seams and glyph look wider, whereas the seams on the fabric of the suit of the figure are incorrectly closer in, which closes the gap between the glyph and the seams, making the glyph look wider.

But when you look at where the top corners of the glyph are on the actual suit, they seem to be in line roughly halfway between the distance of where the cape sits on the shoulders. Which is how the elongated glyph lines up as well.

b088effc6adc8ec547ec114fe99e2923.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The chrome underneath adds so much luster to the suit. The enhanced musculature really works as well. The suit itself makes this figure absolutely worth it.

It works out so much better than I expected.

TBH in Whedon's reshoots the suit looks... well, at times it looks awful. The color is an ugly turquoise. Evidently because he color graded the movie to amp up red spectrum hue (for the red sky in the third act), but that really, really killed the blue suit. And the chrome underneath makes that the musculature to the suit look unnatural and outright fake.

However when you see this HT figure in hand in natural light, you can see what the concept was and how it would have worked with proper photography. Like one day when he was to be back in the blue suit after he had "earned it" I think Zack said. But Zack had always intended to recolor it to black anyway for his director's cut of JL 1.

Bit of a tangent: I'm honestly wondering if the scene of Superman looking down with an aw shucks smile when Alfred says "Master Kent... (yada yada)", which does have better color, is Whedon. Because as many know, the rumor is that the two sonic booms we hear that shake Alfred's glass of bourbon were caused by the arrival of two GLs (maybe Hal and John). And there's a green glow on Alfred's glasses. So it was rewritten and reshot to be Superman.

But anyway that scene does give a better look at what the suit was supposed to look like at least.

Back