Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hell nobody can say "he is done with Superman" or "he is still our Superman"?! Same with Affleck. WB "communication" is the worst.

I fear we won't see a new Superman movie for a long time now. His movies were not well received and instead of putting the blame at the writing and direction of those movies WB seem to have drawn the conclusion there is a lack of interest in the character. WW's success has probably led them to believe Supergirl will prove more of a draw with audiences.

I completely agree they could put whomever they want in these movies but with the poor writing and lack of direction its not going to make a difference. I only recall three popular story arch's from the comics for Superman 2 of which they have already done the the third is currently be used on the Krytpon TV show. We should have suspected that they had no intention of making a superman movie when they greenlite the TV show and now its becoming true.

Shame the most popular character yet he can not get successful story line.I love man of Steel I wanted to see a proper Death and return of Superman instead I I got BvS not bad but could better. And we have to settle for a Animated Version of Death and Return of superman. WB is a joke I dont think we are going to get a Flash movie either the show is using up all the story lines.

Clearly the failure of JL had a huge impact on their plans and they're probably still figuring out what to do. But I just think they've come too far with Cavill and this DCEU cast to turn back now, especially with the Aquaman and Flash movies next in line.

The better plan would be to focus on making better movies that people are actually excited to see, because I think that's what audiences ultimately care more about than whoever happens to be playing Superman or Batman this time around.

I completely agree they could put whomever they want in these movies but with the poor writing and lack of direction its not going to make a difference. I only recall three popular story arch's from the comics for Superman 2 of which they have already done the the third is currently be used on the Krytpon TV show. We should have suspected that they had no intention of making a superman movie when they greenlite the TV show and now its becoming true.

Shame the most popular character yet he can not get successful story line.I love man of Steel I wanted to see a proper Death and return of Superman instead I I got BvS not bad but could better. And we have to settle for a Animated Version of Death and Return of superman. WB is a joke I dont think we are going to get a Flash movie either the show is using up all the story lines.

The sad part is the Animated movies have done a much better job at building an Animated DCEU with using the same voice cast etc. When I watch Justice League War or JL vs the Teen Titans and especially the new Death of Superman, I can't help but ask "Why can can't WB movie studios take ques from WB Animation?"

I agree and right now have no faith in WB anymore. I love the character, Supes deserves so much better. Although JL failed at the box office the more upbeat Superman was generally well received. I assumed WB would prioritise another solo movie but since they appear to be messing around you can't blame Cavil for moving onto other things.

I'll definitely be getting and keeping this version of Superman whatever happens to Cavill. He was perfectly cast and the best since Reeves imo. Him with WW and BvS Bats (best rendition of him yet imo) are the Trinity to have on the shelf !

I was definitely not a fan of how grim and serious they made him in BVS, but I thought the portrayal in MOS was great where he was simply conflicted about his place in the world until finally being forced to take a stand and use his full powers to save the world.

It's really a shame we couldn't have gotten a proper followup to that movie, instead of something so dark and joyless that it ended up hurting Cavill's Superman and jeapordizing the entire DCEU.

I was definitely not a fan of how grim and serious they made him in BVS, but I thought the portrayal in MOS was great where he was simply conflicted about his place in the world until finally being forced to take a stand and use his full powers to save the world.

It's really a shame we couldn't have gotten a proper followup to that movie, instead of something so dark and joyless that it ended up hurting Cavill's Superman and jeapordizing the entire DCEU.

I remember walking out of the theatre after MOS, and being really energized about the next film. I was convincing my friends, who didn't seem as impressed as myself; "No, seriously guys, this movie has set things up perfectly for the next film to be Brainiac! And Lexcorp was rebuilding, so Luthor will be involved! I bet the storyline will be something close to the episode in the animated series! It will be so cool! "

And instead we got Batman Vs Superman.

I'm going to stop right here, this is my hot-button topic, and I don't want to raise my blood pressure or tear my throat from shouting about it. In my workplace I am known as "That woman who won't stop cursing about Jesse Eisenberg".

I remember walking out of the theatre after MOS, and being really energized about the next film. I was convincing my friends, who didn't seem as impressed as myself; "No, seriously guys, this movie has set things up perfectly for the next film to be Brainiac! And Lexcorp was rebuilding, so Luthor will be involved! I bet the storyline will be something close to the episode in the animated series! It will be so cool! "

I'm going to stop right here, this is my hot-button topic, and I don't want to raise my blood pressure or tear my throat from shouting about it. In my workplace I am known as "That woman who won't stop cursing about Jesse Eisenberg".

Even though I liked my BvS for what it was, I am in the camp of that movie ****ed over superman. No snyder Head can convince how that movie progressed his story when he was being superman off screen and we got a small depressing montage of him being super.

I may be in the minority but I rank MoS as one of my favorite Superhero films made, regardless of franchise.

It has been a shame how WB has run the DC universe. It is as if they felt that they could just instantaneously place it at the same level as Marvel, but without the work of having to carefully plan its growth. That apparent shortcut sadly failed.

They could have followed up MoS with a stand-alone Batman film, then WW, before getting to the Justice League.

Now the huge mess is being augmented with Supergirl. Will we also get the Super-Pets as well? Geez...

I still haven't made it all the way through bvs and haven't watched justice league past the first 10 minutes or so. I thought man of steel would have been fine if it had been the end of a trilogy, but making that the first film it felt like the story was being told backwards. What a waste of a story really because it would have been great otherwise.

After zod is killed, it made me wonder why superman wouldn't just kill every future villain that threatened human life.

Yup, exactly how I felt too. As much as BVS might seem like a work of art now compared to the laughably bad JL, I'll always have a hard time really loving it because of how it treated Superman and regressed his character.

I may be in the minority but I rank MoS as one of my favorite Superhero films made, regardless of franchise.

It has been a shame how WB has run the DC universe. It is as if they felt that they could just instantaneously place it at the same level as Marvel, but without the work of having to carefully plan its growth. That apparent shortcut sadly failed.

They could have followed up MoS with a stand-alone Batman film, then WW, before getting to the Justice League.

Now the huge mess is being augmented with Supergirl. Will we also get the Super-Pets as well? Geez...

Same here. It had a real sense of wonder that I just don't feel with most of the Marvel stuff, and I honestly found it even more thrilling to watch than WW.

I still haven't made it all the way through bvs and haven't watched justice league past the first 10 minutes or so. I thought man of steel would have been fine if it had been the end of a trilogy, but making that the first film it felt like the story was being told backwards. What a waste of a story really because it would have been great otherwise.

After zod is killed, it made me wonder why superman wouldn't just kill every future villain that threatened human life.

i took it as a learning moment in that he learned killing isnt his way, plus he hasnt encountered a villian as powerful as Zod(that is "human"). He did kill Doomsday though but Doomsday isnt "human"

Nope not alone. I also love BvS extended cut. So dark and different to marvel. They should have had the confidence to stay the course.

As was also mentioned they could have worked to the justice league as Marvel has bit by bit. But no they had to rush it there and look what we got ...... What a waste.

Now it's in disarray. Main characters aren't interested as they don't know the plan. It's potentially a downward spiral from here.

I blame it all on WB execs.

So the Justice League is pretty much over huh? No more Cavii and Affleck. Unless they do a recast for both roles. Crazy that the two biggest properties DC got both, the actors both walked out of their roles.

Back