Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, if you supported these movies and brands before, why stop now? This **** happens. He stepped away, he wasn’t fired. His management team tried to sell him as something more than he isn’t. Blame them for him not staying. Blame Zack snyder for making a universe that is not universally praised.

Cant blame WB for being hesitant. If Mos and BvS were universally praised and made huge money, they would have given Cavill whatever he wanted.

I’m a comic guy more than a movie guy and feel that these and the marvel movies can’t even come close to the quality that these books produce. So I’ll still watch the movies and enjoy them for what they are. But this isn’t the last of Superman movies nor Batman movies.

I more blame WB due to a lack of planning. As I mentioned, it sounds like to me that they wanted him to be available at a moment’s notice when they came to a spur of the moment decision on when they wanted him to appear, he said he couldn’t do it due to scheduling conflicts, and they essentially said fine, we’ll just focus on Supergirl instead.

DC seems better suited just making stand alone films or trilogies, rather than trying to put together a collective universe.

DC seems better suited just making stand alone films or trilogies, rather than trying to put together a collective universe.

This I agree with you 100%

The universe works perfectly with marvel as that is what they are known for and have had the plan in stone for a long time. But if Iron man failed, they wouldn’t have gone down that road. Plus it was easier for them as they were their own studio before being bought out by Disney.

DC was always a Warner bros owned property that had great success with individual movie series. And they are going back to those roots. These movies will always be part of that world, but don’t expect them to need to be connected at all times.

Sad that Cavill couldn’t make an appearance in Shazam because that would have been a great comic book moment. But the fact these heroes exist in that world and not having to be shown on screen to confirm connection is cool as well

Anyways, hopefully they can still work something out, but here is to the new future of Superman movies.

I more blame WB due to a lack of planning. As I mentioned, it sounds like to me that they wanted him to be available at a moment’s notice when they came to a spur of the moment decision on when they wanted him to appear, he said he couldn’t do it due to scheduling conflicts, and they essentially said fine, we’ll just focus on Supergirl instead.

And yet in the comics they do epic crossover stories. Why is it so difficult for WB to just hire good directors and adapt those for live action?

I have no interest in Supergirl either, she's not in any way original. Always preferred the idea of Superman being the last of his kind.

So many great female characters they could focus on and they choose Supergirl. Damn.

No future versions, ok, i dig Cavill's Superman a lot so i will order this now. I want his version next to Batfleck. Those two are the best actors of best versions of their characters DCEU had in a long time. Both probably out now. What a shame.

According to the article, they are focusing on Supergirl. I think dc is going to be focusing on their B list characters for a bit.

I'm always happy to see a new Supergirl movie, but it's pretty obvious they're just hoping for another girl power hit like WW, and I just don't see it being nearly as big. Especially since Benoist has already been doing a fantastic job in the role on TV for the last three years.

As for Superman, I'd love to see Tyler Hoechlin promoted to the big screen as he was so great and charismatic as hell in his episodes, but obviously that's not going to happen. :(

Warner and DC could have helped themselves by incorporating the tv actors into justice league rather than recasting.

Supergirl does make some sense after the success of wonder woman, and also that women have barely been showcased in the marvel movies up to this point.

I never really did gravitate to cavill as superman, he looks like superman as he was drawn in the 80s, super muscular, his abs have six pack abs. It's not a very relatable hero to begin with, besides his power doesn't come from muscles.

When Jeff Loeb and tim sale did 'for all seasons', I felt that was the superman we should see on screen. Cornfed country boy, maybe borderline overweight but far from out of shape, and not a supermodel either. But I'm sure when superman is recast we will have a hypermuscular dude in the role.

His manager tweeted that the cape is still in his closet and expect an announcement from wb. Whatever this means I don’t know.

WB released this statement "While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we’ve always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged," so hes not officially out it seems they're still undecided on what direction to go with the DCEU

And yet in the comics they do epic crossover stories. Why is it so difficult for WB to just hire good directors and adapt those for live action?

I have no interest in Supergirl either, she's not in any way original. Always preferred the idea of Superman being the last of his kind.

So many great female characters they could focus on and they choose Supergirl. Damn.

I'm always happy to see a new Supergirl movie, but it's pretty obvious they're just hoping for another girl power hit like WW, and I just don't see it being nearly as big. Especially since Benoist has already been doing a fantastic job in the role on TV for the last three years.

As for Superman, I'd love to see Tyler Hoechlin promoted to the big screen as he was so great and charismatic as hell in his episodes, but obviously that's not going to happen. :(

I agree with parts of both of these when it comes to Supergirl.

I’m not necessarily averse to introducing her as a minor supporting character, but at the same time, I do like the notion of Superman truly being the last of his kind (aside from Zod).

However, I think for them to essentially think that they can go on without a Superman and will have Supergirl fill that role, is a mistake. As was mentioned, they’re essentially trying to push what is a B character at best and put her into an A role on the same level as WW, and that’s just not going to work. WW is their A level heroine. Supergirl is a character I think that works in comics and as a TV series, but I don’t think she’ll garner much interest on the big screen; especially when she’s essentially being thrust into taking the role of Superman.

If WB really had their **** together the way the MCU does, they could have done all these B level characters, like Supergirl, as a Netflix or a TV series that takes place within the DCEU, but doesn’t interact with the characters in the actual films.

WB released this statement "While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we’ve always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged," so hes not officially out it seems they're still undecided on what direction to go with the DCEU

I don't know, that just sounds like the usual PR statement to me. They won't say he's officially out until the next Superman movie and actor are announced, just like what happened with Brandon Routh.

I wasnt sure about this figure but if Cavills out I'm keeping my preorder. I like him as Supes I was just going to wait to buy him with the next JL with GL but that's not happening. So I'll buy the last Cavill Supes figure.

MoS is my favorite Superman film, and I got the first version, however I really like the colors on this JL version.

I'm afraid that they will cancel production on this... I have the 2 batman figures on pre and they keep pushing the release dates. Nervous they will cancel them. Plus they didnt bother to show them off at the con this year..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm afraid that they will cancel production on this... I have the 2 batman figures on pre and they keep pushing the release dates. Nervous they will cancel them. Plus they didnt bother to show them off at the con this year..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

They won't, money has already been handed over for this & once something is up for preorder it's just a matter of production.

Back