Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really am surprised people are worried about the sculpt when we went through this exact same thing last year.

I agree about Snyder. I never had an issue with him, but I really like what he's done with the DCEU in particular. I just want Whedon to stay away.

Yeah, like most nerds, I like Whedon a lot, but not every universe needs the same voice. I like Snyder's tone. It better fits the iconic and epic feel of DC to me.

HT has updated his suit since the first sdcc 2017 prototype release. The paint app, chest emblem and cape (I prefer the first prototype) all look slightly different to me.

I probably own too many bvs supes so I know this particular figure very well and can spot these minor differences right away.
I like all the update HT has done on the JL superman so far. A new head sculpt is coming sooner or later for sure, nothing to worry about.

26698137369_75d3c3eae0_o.jpg

HT has updated his suit since the first sdcc 2017 prototype release. The paint app, chest emblem and cape (I prefer the first prototype) all look slightly different to me.

I probably own too many bvs supes so I know this particular figure very well and can spot these minor differences right away.
I like all the update HT has done on the JL superman so far. A new head sculpt is coming sooner or later for sure, nothing to worry about.

26698137369_75d3c3eae0_o.jpg

I love how he looks in both prototypes but having seen him in the movie I feel its not 100% right. The muscle parts of the suits are more highlighted on screen. Colour is pretty accurate though, maybe just a tad lighter than it should be.

I'm ultimately going to wait for the final product of this and see what the final product's suit looks like. If the S glyph is an improvement in the sense where the outlining of it isn't as prominent as on the BvS version and the color of the suit ends up being a bit darker, I'll get just the body of this to serve as my BvS Superman.

I initially thought this lighter color was more accurate to even the BvS suit under normal lighting, but the darker color of the BvS figure's suit actually is pretty accurate to how the suit looked even under normal lighting.

I love how he looks in both prototypes but having seen him in the movie I feel its not 100% right. The muscle parts of the suits are more highlighted on screen. Colour is pretty accurate though, maybe just a tad lighter than it should be.

Totally agree with you, in the movie costume has highlighted muscles they looks almost printed on it. which I can't thee there. I don't know I like printed muscles or not.as its something we have not seen before.

Totally agree with you, in the movie costume has highlighted muscles they looks almost printed on it. which I can't thee there. I don't know I like printed muscles or not.as its something we have not seen before.
The brighter lighting made the suit obviously having pads of muscles..
Not a fan..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I much prefer his look in this movie so I can't wait to see the full prototype figure. Hopefully HT do more than just change the colour and include all the changes.

An exclusive version with a 2nd sculpt would be awesome.

HT needs to put this up NOW that the cat is outta the bag- the one scene with Flash in the credits- yeah I don't care for the printed shaded muscles

I would have went with a deeper cobalt blue. This is bold cerulean blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT please make a good resemblance. It's gonna be a while we get a new figure til' we get to MoS 2 or JL2.

23783418_10214551715289095_1147697661084474014_o.jpg

Wow is that an official pic or fan art? Beautiful either way. Can't wait to see this figure and more of this Superman.

I'm hoping they use this image/facial expression as a guideline when fabricating the sculpt:

fe259e76e4d57d9ae7f213f580655eab--justice-league--superman.jpg

Superman was more confident in himself and his abilities in this film; not in a cocky way, but in a way that made him feel confident that he had the situation under control and was happy to be alive again, and I think a lot of his humorous, yet confident dialogue during the final fight was indicative of that ("Slow poke," "This guy bothering you again?", "Good. Because I really like being alive," "I take it back. I wanna die."). To me, the expression here perfectly reflects his mood when he came back for the climactic fight.

I believe HT used this image as a reference when sculpting the BvS sculpt:

superman_in_batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice-1152x864.jpg

So hopefully they'll similarly use that JL one when sculpting the JL sculpt.

Back