Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That neck though ..

c0ju5g74vk641.png

Hideous head/neck situation going on there. Though I seem to remember the exact same issue on the BvS one.

The necks are just too straight upwards and stiff on these muscle bodies, been that way since the Terminator line - there should be more of a forward lean which would allow a more natural looking interplay with the head.

Looks like he's pulling his chin into his neck, albeit without all the flesh folds that result from doing that. Compare to the Affleck right beside him, look at the amount of sculpt behind his chin.

If Supes neck was leaning forward more there would need to be more sculpt behind his chin for him to assume a normal 'looking straight ahead' position. Instead you have this 'stick rammed up his arse' appearance. DX10 T-800 is another example from way back in 2012 or so.

If they're gonna insist on ball-joint heads they should sort out this issue. I thought the whole point of ball-joint heads is so it doesn't look stiff - I mean that's the complaint I read about sculpted necks. Well this looks pretty damn stiff to me.

Last edited:
We're allowed to voice our opinions on it. Especially since it kept getting pushed back, changed for the worse from the prototype and costs as much as it does. Now some are worse that others, but I do believe these are just complaints.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
this will be my first and only supes, so im happy its out and like it. if i gotta custom something on it? no big..

wow actual photos look even worse. S emblem looks horrible and they don't feel ashamed a bit how unaccurate headsculpt is, just used proper photo on the box. eewww

Did they reduce the size of the S shield? It looks slightly too small imo

The sideshow statue have a haircut accurate, Hot toys don't give a **** about this figure and JL line.

Sup proto.jpg

The sideshow statue have a haircut accurate, Hot toys don't give a **** about this figure and JL line.

That statue is not made by Sideshow, it is made by Prime1... and while having a proper headsculpt, that statue has its own QC problems with the suit being loose in the armpit area, at least with the first batch.

Late to the party here, but the neck length is... well, I'll wait and see when the figure arrives but it does look like a problem, frankly. The smaller House of El crest on the chest I'm not pleased with either.

On the plus side I don't have a HT Superman yet. And I really like the look of the BvS head sculpt. So to have it in a warmer toned repaint is, for me, very welcome.

Is the long neck due to a magnetic ball joint?

The wired cape is fine. But I prepaid Lucky (Unreal Customs) for a wired cape for this figure many months ago in advance, so I'm expecting that superior custom wired version when Lucky's got it color matched and in production.

If the neck length can be fixed with a modification I'll be satisfied. As long as there's a way to shave the top of the neck down, replace the joint if it's magnetic, and get the proper proportions I'll be okay with it.

Oh, also--When Zack Snyder's Justice League is eventually released some during the coming yext year, I do expect for there to be a HT Black Suit figure released for that superior film. And that's the one that will really shine, is my guess.

Have any pics surfaced of the heat vision head on that neck yet?
Wondering if there's any variance in that ridiculous E.T. stalk with the other head applied...

Late to the party here, but the neck length is... well, I'll wait and see when the figure arrives but it does look like a problem, frankly. The smaller House of El crest on the chest I'm not pleased with either.

On the plus side I don't have a HT Superman yet. And I really like the look of the BvS head sculpt. So to have it in a warmer toned repaint is, for me, very welcome.

Is the long neck due to a magnetic ball joint?

The wired cape is fine. But I prepaid Lucky (Unreal Customs) for a wired cape for this figure many months ago in advance, so I'm expecting that superior custom wired version when Lucky's got it color matched and in production.

If the neck length can be fixed with a modification I'll be satisfied. As long as there's a way to shave the top of the neck down, replace the joint if it's magnetic, and get the proper proportions I'll be okay with it.

Oh, also--When Zack Snyder's Justice League is eventually released some during the coming yext year, I do expect for there to be a HT Black Suit figure released for that superior film. And that's the one that will really shine, is my guess.

It looks like a magnetic head joint to me. Gives way better articulation for a flying pose for example. Iron Spider also had it and it's great to pose. But also suffered from a "giraffe neck" from some angles. I think some removed some material inside the head to reduce neck length. Maybe it's the same story here.

incredibly annoying about the S shield. But hopefully it's not as bad in hand. Looks to be the same size as the MoS though.

Yes a black suit from ZSJL will be cool !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like a magnetic head joint to me. Gives way better articulation for a flying pose for example. Iron Spider also had it and it's great to pose. But also suffered from a "giraffe neck" from some angles. I think some removed some material inside the head to reduce neck length. Maybe it's the same story here.

incredibly annoying about the S shield. But hopefully it's not as bad in hand. Looks to be the same size as the MoS though.

Yes a black suit from ZSJL will be cool !

The man of steel chest emblem was the biggest of them all. It was one of the best parts of the new suit. I love the big chest emblems from these new movies

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Gonna need some more in hand pics straight in with natural light to really be able to tell the differences in proportions. I tried to line them up as best I could with features matching at shoulder height to see how the symbols and necks compared.
Not great but you get the gist.
70d18bca1f54c09f15e115dda8538882.plist

Gonna need some more in hand pics straight in with natural light to really be able to tell the differences in proportions. I tried to line them up as best I could with features matching at shoulder height to see how the symbols and necks compared.
Not great but you get the gist.
70d18bca1f54c09f15e115dda8538882.plist

Sandwiched in between those two, the BvS suit looks bad.

Back