Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neck mod looks great. However it makes me think that the body is somehow too small in proportion. Maybe I just have the bulkier body mods by Jaxxon and Lucky in mind now ???

I really think I'll be doing all of those mods myself the more I think about it. It's one of the things I like most about the BVS figure.

View attachment 466023

Yeah, that 'after' picture does look way better, I have to say.

Using a magnet to hold down the tab on the cowl for this figure gives me the idea that the standard suit BvS figure could be modded in the same way... I.e., affix a thin magnet to the underside of that nub (that annoyingly sticks up even more as you push the head down), and add a stronger magnet (properly oriented pole-wise) under the suit beneath it.

Yes I guess that could work. However most have added some cotton pads under the chest to bring the "chest to the tab", rather than the "tab to the chest". It also helped to create more of a gap between the Batman symbol and the cowl tab, even with the head tilted downward.

Dean Knight had a video how he did that mod to the BvS figure. You could also try the hot water treatment which Jaxxon mentioned for the JL figure a couple of pages back.

Back to the JL figure though. I am so pleasantly surprised about this guy. I had him preordered thinking I hope I'll be able to sell him on without much of a loss. This was based on the weird looking cowl etc on the proto picks. But now he's arguably the best Batman out there. With a couple of the mods, and the better headsculpt there is no way I'll be selling him now.

And here I am, me being a Star Wars collector, then Marvel collector then DC collector with the general rule of only 1 figure per character, I have 3 Batman figures (BVS, JL Tactical and this guy) and I love them all :lol

Surprised some of you already have this. Still waiting on wzlucky to ship mine... apparently they get them 2 months after Hot Toys release them in HK?
Would love to do the mods but scared to ruin it haha

Surprised some of you already have this. Still waiting on wzlucky to ship mine... apparently they get them 2 months after Hot Toys release them in HK?

The modification to widen the neck could not be simpler though. Lucky of Unreal Customs recommends to just fold two small pieces of paper and afix them to the sides of the neck peg (using tape, iirc... maybe could use blu tac instead?). I'm considering wrapping a wide rubber band around the neck peg. I'll have to see once the figure arrives.

Will stretching the cowl at the neck slightly cause strain over time to the plastic and maybe eventually cause cracking? I'll have to see how thick the material is in hand, but I doubt it. Assuming that the cowl is plastic, I think I will probably also heat it with a blow dryer to reshape it widened as such in order to minimize concern about adding unintended stress points to the material.

I went ahead and ordered this one. I'll use the parademon base and blaster with Tactical Suit Batman.

By all indications it's the last Batfleck, so... had to get him. And overall the cowl looks damn good. Knowing that I can mod the neck to make it a bit wider is what ultimately tipped the scales for me. I wish his legs were more accurate to the movie, i.e., that the quads had more muscle definition on them. But I'm sure I'll be pleased overall.

Now I want a really badass gargoyle display stand for this figure. With Unreal Customs' doublesided wired cape.

I could have ordered via BBTS but went ahead and paid the extra $15 for shipping via Sideshow just to have it soon as possible. (As most here know, Sideshow gets the figure first, and then the other toy stores get it from them.) Even though I'm wrapping it and putting it under the Christmas tree along with JL Superman! It makes no sense! But I was like I just want to ensure having it by Christmas. Even though had I ordered through BBTS it surely would have arrived by then. Oh well. :eek:

Also BBTS uses FedEx whereas SS uses UPS. The UPS dropoff is a block from my house, whereas FedEx dropoff center is a 20 minute one-way drive through congested traffic at rush hour. And I can easily track the UPS delivery via the app. $15 may be worth that convenience plus time and gas.

Not gonna lie, I caved in and bought it from a trusted seller on Ebay. BUT, only because I have a quite few Ebay giftcards from my Bday a few months ago, fathers day and last xmas. Usually I can wait until SS gets figures in stock but this time around I said *****k It! So I paid about $210 which included expedited shipping after using a couple of my ebay giftcards. I'm saving my remaining Ebay giftcards for JL Superman releasing next week(i hope).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not gonna lie, I caved in and bought it from a trusted seller on Ebay. BUT, only because I have a quite few Ebay giftcards from my Bday a few months ago, fathers day and last xmas. Usually I can wait until SS gets figures in stock but this time around I said *****k It! So I paid about $210 which included expedited shipping after using a couple of my ebay giftcards. I'm saving my remaining Ebay giftcards for JL Superman releasing next week(i hope).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

that's good, im gonna wait on SS, may i ask who you got it from? im in Texas too

I'm waiting for my Bats from SS, and already thinking about another Jaxon custom cape, I've always been satisfied by his work on previous capes.. Or do you recommend other ones?

I'm waiting for my Bats from SS, and already thinking about another Jaxon custom cape, I've always been satisfied by his work on previous capes.. Or do you recommend other ones?

it's really only Jaxon or Lucky from UnrealCustoms as far as I'm concerned.

I have an UC wired weathered cape and it's great.

Unreal Customs and Tony Mei make capes also. There's YT reviews by Dean Knight and Keyboard Warriors conparing them. Maybe Justin's Collection does a comparison video as well.

I've been very pleased with Unreal Customs' work.

Off topic I know, but does anyone else freaking HATE the big bad toy store commercials?

I guess hate is a strong word...I actually like the contents. Fun.

But am I the only one getting the commercials so frequently? They last to long, the volume is by default much higher than whatever in listening to, and the sound effects can be very obnoxious.

Very annoying.. if they just toned down the effects...lowered the default volume, and cut down the length of the commercial they would be more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic I know, but does anyone else freaking HATE the big bad toy store commercials?

I guess hate is a strong word...I actually like the contents. Fun.

But am I the only one getting the commercials so frequently? They last to long, the volume is by default much higher than whatever in listening to, and the sound effects can be very obnoxious.

Very annoying.. if they just toned down the effects...lowered the default volume, and cut down the length of the commercial they would be more enjoyable.

Hmm. Where do you see those commercials?

Actually a pretty good visual montage of photos of the figure interspersed with stills from the film. Supports the reviews we're seeing from vloggers that are getting the figure in hand already:

Hmm. Where do you see those commercials?

Lol YouTube. It?s literally like every single commercial for me. The actual videos are super cool...I forgot what it?s called but they have figures in combat and they make all the movement very realistic. The actual videos are super good...just to long for a commercial and to loud.

I would actually go and watch these videos on my own time on their website.

Actually a pretty good visual montage of photos of the figure interspersed with stills from the film. Supports the reviews we're seeing from vloggers that are getting the figure in hand already:

Wow I really like the video! What?s the name of the song playing?

Yeah, I'm getting those BBTS adverts on every single YouTube video now. I can't "SKIP AD" fast enough. LOL.

Back