Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Costume looks great and it's cool to see the goal color scheme come into place. Will match up nicely with Mera's comic-accurate look. I'm sure promo pics will start trickling in after the new year to start building anticipation, and maybe even a Superbowl teaser. However, given that the movie is more than a year off I don't expect we'll see a first official trailer until around SDCC. I don't know if it's been clarified as to whether the Atlanteans will be water breathers and live completely in an underwater environment or are hybrid air-water breathers, live in domed cities and venture into the aquatic environment as needed. The second scenario makes the most sense in terms of both shooting logistics and visual appeal as underwater scenes could look murky. The coolest thing about this movie is it will be able to transport audiences to a wondrous new world. In addition to the design of Atlantis, they can introduce both familiar and new undersea creatures--from colorful exotic fish, sharks and whales to giant seahorses.

You said it all there, I have been looking forward to this since it was announced

Seen this on facebook. I cannot confirm any type of authenticity, the claim is that it was a photo taken on the set of the Aquaman movie. If that is really his armor for his solo movie, i'm glad I waited on getting a figure of him as I really don't like his JL outfit. If this is real then I hope the movie is good enough to warrant making at least one figure from it.

Armored suit means less or zero rubber on the figure. JL version is surely made of rubber.

I don't mind the JL version but I want to see how the suit is done and how the articulation is. Hopefully HT can do some magic like they did with the Black Panther suit.

I’m in the minority I guess, I think the JL Aquaman looks MUCH better than the solo movie look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to hate Aquaman, but hell is he good in the movie.

Sorta like Thor imo :lol getting this for sure.

I used to hate Aquaman, but hell is he good in the movie.

Sorta like Thor imo :lol getting this for sure.

Agree. I never liked that green and orange aquaman colour combo either. But this take on him was far more bad-ass. Could have been a bit better, but still liked him a lot.

Awesome !! Is that at Secret Base ? Who had the balls to video ? Good job. Video quality is also great. Figure looks so good !

Is rubber covering the elbows or did they just covertly hide the elbow joints?

After looking at some comparison pics here between the figure sculpt and the actor it does seem HT toned down his actual appearance in the film, how likely is it they will tinker with the sculpt to make it more accurate? I would think at this late date the sculpt is set in stone as it were.

After looking at some comparison pics here between the figure sculpt and the actor it does seem HT toned down his actual appearance in the film, how likely is it they will tinker with the sculpt to make it more accurate? I would think at this late date the sculpt is set in stone as it were.

Late date? Isn't it still about 9 months from release?

Well, I figure that's not a lot of time to adjust, get approval, mass produce and have ready to ship in time. Lots of moving parts and all. Just watched The Toys That Made Us and it certainly gave the impression these things take time.

Well, I figure that's not a lot of time to adjust, get approval, mass produce and have ready to ship in time. Lots of moving parts and all. Just watched The Toys That Made Us and it certainly gave the impression these things take time.

Yeah I can imagine it's a very laborious process especially with so many figures coming out each year. I just thought things could be tweaked until fairly late in the day. Maybe not.

Back