Hot Toys Jedi Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he looks as bad as their attempts at Han, this is a buy for me. Probably a buy anyway, as there could always be a great custom sculpt down the road.

CYCZPC.png

Yeah, but wrinkles and age help sculptors to sell the likeness. There's been quite a number of old HF sculpts that have been quite good in terms of Likeness - young HF not so much. The HT young Han, Luke and Ben were all very middling in likeness - not even close to the best work HT has done. Luke is probably the best of those three, but with that copper helmet it's hard to call it a major win.

Hopefully the Jedi Luke can save the day, but tbh, the "half face" preview pic they've shown doesn't look spectacular - but hey, it's just the lower half of his face.

A-yup, back when you were glued to the computer, frantically refreshing the page

Actually no, I don't miss that at all.

I remember my freakin' heart pounding out of my chest, clicking buttons and entering info. My old-ass couldn't take that kind of stress nowadays.

Actually now that you mention it, I missed out at first cos I didn't expect him to sell out so fast. Can't recall whether I ended up getting him via the waitlist or secondary market.

Didn't make the same mistake again, though I had to get up at 3-4am eastern Australian time for each preorder!

For me personally, I couldn't care less if he included any other outfit accessories for display options because the outfit he's wearing in that teaser (from his DS duel with Vader and the Emperor) is exactly how I'd display him and have always wanted to display him. As someone mentioned, hopefully the flap on the shirt is able to open a bit also.

With that being the case, my only fear for this figure is that the likeness will miss the mark, since this without a doubt carries the potential to be my favorite Luke and potentially one of my favorite figures in general. Although it doesn't really matter, because I'll be getting it anyway. :lol

Even though I'd have no use for them, I hope it does include other outfit display options since I know others would probably want to do a Jabba's Palace display with it.

If they can give us a deluxe Starlord with two jackets and three head options, they can give us the entire spectrum of ROTJ looks in one box. Really hope that's the case. I'll dip for every film, but I won't double dip per film. My madness stops there.

Need Lando and Bespin Han and it's a great week.

Jack Bauer already dropped a very subtle nod about Lando a couple months back.

Nobody ever believes Jack Bauer initially, but then it always turns out he was right in major way. And usually the President is safer too.

:lol :lol

Little later then I expected but glad it's coming finally.

Yeh. Suuurrrrrrre.

I hope this is released this year and not second quarter of 2018 or something

Can't see this happening in 2017 no way.

Was thinking I could have the following on one shelf, to represent the main three from each film

- ANH Han Solo
- ESB Leia
- ROTJ Luke

coincidentally those are my favorite looks for each. :yess:

Exactly my plan!

I'm just glad they went with Hoth Leia rather than either of the Bespin iterations.

This figure is gonna be the biggest seller of the year for them. It already looks great!

I too hope that it includes EVERYTHING from the palace, to endor to the final duel. AND the light-up saber.

But what about bases? Jabba's trap door? Deluxe Endor forest with the saber-cut nose of the speeder bike? Throne room? All three?!

I'd drop $350 on a kit that includes all of that.

For a 1/4 version, I'd be happy with just the ominous Jabba's palace version :)

I'll be keeping my SSCJedi Luke for sentimental reasons, but this Luke will be mine.

Same here, I just can't bring myself to part with my SSC Jedi Luke. :lol Sold nearly of all my SSC figures a few years back - but he's one of three that I just can't sell! :)

I hope this is released this year and not second quarter of 2018 or something

:exactly: would be awesome if it was! :pray: Don't think it will be this year...but can live in hope!

Now I just need a Bespin Han to complete the main three...

Every time there is a lull in the OT releases I get sucked into other lines for a while. Then, inevitably, a ton of figures get teased that I have no choice but to buy and I have to decide whether or not I want to start eating NRDs on other lines. Plus, since I hate selling stuff, I have to start justifying why its ok to move all of my kids' toys out of the basement so I can set up more detolfs and bestas. I'm currently looking at an air hockey table that it taking up valuable figure real estate. On a related note, does anyone need an air hockey table? I will be getting Luke, Royal Guard, Hoth Leia, Gonk (if they ever put it up for order) and I'll debate and then ultimately get the Emperor and Holiday Special Fett. Really looking forward to piecing together a proper Jedi Luke in the Emperor's throne room dio.

This will finally be able to pose with my ROTJ vader and ht fett. Just hope he doesn't look '' too '' small n next to the ssc vader.

If they make Jedi Luke costume half as good as the custom someone had (might have been Chakaman I think) then I'll be happy.

Eh I think they'll do a good job with this version of Luke. He is older and i think they'll be able to capture that better than the wide eyes youthful Luke of ANH. I was never a hater of that sculpt anyway, so I enjoy the figure, but I'm sure they will improve upon it this time.

Old Han is an amazing sculpt. Doesn't seem to get much credit either really.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back