Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK III PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you hear September???

While I really want this guy, I'd be fine with September...too much other stuff to pay for this summer, and I hadn't budgeted the Gun-Metal Gray Iron Man SDCC Exclusive, and the Luke and Han Stormtrooper SDCC Exclusives...:angelsmil

Just got mine yesterday :banana, as it is already known he is AWESOME!!! No issues with loose parts or lighting defects....I was surprised as to how friggin bright the lights actually were, the pics in this thread don't really show that.

since this is a Pic thread I'll throw some up tonight.

Here are a few of my upgraded Mark III

CraigsList014.jpg

CraigsList017.jpg

CraigsList018.jpg

CraigsList019.jpg

CraigsList020.jpg

CraigsList021.jpg

CraigsList022.jpg

CraigsList023.jpg

CraigsList024.jpg

I'll take better shots later but I'm too lazy to bring it down so its hard to get clear shots.

looks great, but i recall a few months ago, someone saying that it wouldn't work to use that on the mkII head on the mkIII figure...........me thinks it worked;)

looks great, but i recall a few months ago, someone saying that it wouldn't work to use that on the mkII head on the mkIII figure...........me thinks it worked;)

:lol Whoa Whoa Whoa. I said it wouldn't work unless you retooled and CREG did that, he filled the divets and sanded the rivets and I love it. :D

Very nice, Mike. That's how the figure should have been in the first place. in the film, You never see Tony in the opened-helmet while in the MKII suit.

HT really should have switched the heads included with the MKIII and MKII figures. The regular Tony head would have made the MKII more enticing to those who weren't interested in having that version of the character.

mike said:

has this been posted? I dont subscribe from HT's news letter, read this on toy world. So is this yet another MK3 or is HT refering to the gun metal grey IM3?

From Hot Toys' newsletter:

The Marvelous Iron Man Mark III ever! - Dear all figureholics, the annual biggest toy show - San Diego Comic Con is about to start next month! Before then, we'd like to pre-introduce the never-seen-before Special Version of Iron Man Mark III to our fans. Painted with dark green and grey color, this figure will be a super unique Mark III collectible ever! He will be exclusively available at the coming toy shows only! If you are not lucky enough to attend SDCC, you may try the Hong Kong Ani-com or Tokyo Toy Show to grab him.

Yesterday I noticed a tiny paint chip on the gold portion of my MKIII's helmet. Does anyone know a good paint for fixing this? And maybe a good brush, as I've never attempted to customize or repair any figures ever.

has this been posted? I dont subscribe from HT's news letter, read this on toy world. So is this yet another MK3 or is HT refering to the gun metal grey IM3?

From Hot Toys' newsletter:

The Marvelous Iron Man Mark III ever! - Dear all figureholics, the annual biggest toy show - San Diego Comic Con is about to start next month! Before then, we'd like to pre-introduce the never-seen-before Special Version of Iron Man Mark III to our fans. Painted with dark green and grey color, this figure will be a super unique Mark III collectible ever! He will be exclusively available at the coming toy shows only! If you are not lucky enough to attend SDCC, you may try the Hong Kong Ani-com or Tokyo Toy Show to grab him.

Its the Gunmetal Grey version. When you click on the preview link it takes you to the same shots that SSC had. The Dark Green must be the accents. Interesting to read though that this went from being a store exclusive to a con exclusive.

Its the Gunmetal Grey version. When you click on the preview link it takes you to the same shots that SSC had. The Dark Green must be the accents. Interesting to read though that this went from being a store exclusive to a con exclusive.

ah, okay. Thought HT was pulling another IM3 repaint out of their hat. Thanks for clearing that up.

Though you are right, this gun metal grey version is becoming less and less exclusive as it moves from store exclusive to sdcc exclusive and now ani-com and tokyo toy show.

Back