Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK III PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She also looks very 'Cindy Crawford' in that pic.

Sorry completely off-topic... I should probably join your discussion group Mike.

So the people that post pictures of their collections have to specify every element that appears in that photo?

1) Iron Man figure by Hot Toys
2) Shelf by Ikea
3) Desk by Office Depot
4) Computer monitor by Apple
5) Pen on the background by Paper Mate
6) Cat in the far corner of the picture by my local pound

C'mon, seriously?

Luis

That's a good idea, let's give credit where credit is do! :D

Heh

3538086210_0ed45785c7_o.jpg

3538086780_40ba3c85f1_o.jpg

3537266895_83ec0de142_o.jpg

:lol:monkey5

Seriously, I ordered this fig through my comic book shop on the 7th I think and hopefully it will come in soon...I'm anticipating a few days....:banana

First of all, as a member of the Paramount Pictures France staff, I've all right to use those pictures.

Of course and I did the same with Newsweek, Rolling Stone and Forbes. And I also did it with the Time Warner Groupe (I wanted to be able to use the CNN logo and protected elements from the DC Catalogue).

The copyright/law departements are mostly easy to reach, and their responses if their aren't fast are really close: I can use protected contents for non-commercial publications. But I can't use them to make any profit of any kind (that's why, for example, there isn't any advertising on my personnal blog).

The main reason Time/Newsweek/etc have no problem with you using their logo is that it falls under the fair use doctrine. For fan-art they can't actually deny permission for these logos, etc, to be used. Basically - as I understand it - people are able to utilise such things for their own personal use. I commend you actually going to the trouble to get approval, but, strictly speaking, I don't think it's necessary. Interestingly, by you asserting a right as a Paramount employee to use the Iron Man pictures you've elevated what you are doing to something connected to your role as an employee of Paramount, ie a commercial enterprise, and I would suggest that puts your creation simply as fan art in a dubious light.

I'm not saying you are wrong to want recognition for your work, however an image like this, once put on the internet, can spread very rapidly and tracking down the creator to ask if you can use something for your own use is both ridiculous and legally unnecessary - it could easily be argued that the way the image was used falls under the doctrine of fair use. As others have said - if you want people to ask before using, or post credit, watermark the images and ask anyone who wants a clean copy to contact you directly.

I was unsure of posting because all of these words appear in the dictionary and I don't want to have to pay royalties to Oxford for using them...

Seriously though, when is MK I due? That's the one I'm looking foward to seeing pics of...

Woo! After TSalvation, I went to my comic shop to pick up the Mk. III that they specially ordered for me - and I got a 10% discount! This figure is amazing and was wondering if he is able to move his legs at all, because mine might be really stiff. Otherwise, great figure, tons of detail and the light of feature is just awesome. The hands/head is so easy to swap as well.

Woo! After TSalvation, I went to my comic shop to pick up the Mk. III that they specially ordered for me - and I got a 10% discount! This figure is amazing and was wondering if he is able to move his legs at all, because mine might be really stiff. Otherwise, great figure, tons of detail and the light of feature is just awesome. The hands/head is so easy to swap as well.

yeah the legs can move..pretty much everything can move..i find that if you let new figs warm up to room temp first their joints are easier to move. after a cold warehoue / stockroom or journey in a cold van for a few hours i think they seize up a bit

Back