Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cancelled many pre orders today that I was on the fence about. If HT keeps flooding the market prices will fall farther...
Thanks for making it so easy to get your items.

i for one, am pretty damn happy with this news.

i bought the mark I at retail back when it was first released. loved it to bits. was hands down my favourite 1/6 figure. but early this year, my home was broken into, and thieves stole my entire 1/6 collection, worth over 10grand. tbh, i was able to make peace with it and let go of the loss. the only collectible i really missed was, yup, the ht iron man mark I.

so although i understand how some collectors must feel with a re-release screwing up the value of the original, plus the potential for ht to devalue their own business, i truly welcome the chance to own a mark I again. with open arms!

what's even better is they're going to improve on the rather weak original headsculpt AND include some new stuff. really curious to see what they give us this time. my guess is ht will take the DX route, much like the joker, and include stuff like a special base, extra accessories, and maybe even a new costume/body (the singlet he was wearing in the cave, with the arc reactor showing thru).

I think its safe to say that no figure is safe from a re-release now that the Mark I is coming.

On one hand I don't really care that much as its a great figure and I'm sure the new version will be all kinds of awesome. But figures to have a monetary value and whenever a "newer/better" version is released the first one takes a hit.

Usually this is bad for a company, but HT has proven again and again they can do this and the figures still sell like gang busters :huh

DX treatment would be a good excuse to justify the re-release of this figure.

i for one, am pretty damn happy with this news.

i bought the mark I at retail back when it was first released. loved it to bits. was hands down my favourite 1/6 figure. but early this year, my home was broken into, and thieves stole my entire 1/6 collection, worth over 10grand. tbh, i was able to make peace with it and let go of the loss. the only collectible i really missed was, yup, the ht iron man mark I.

so although i understand how some collectors must feel with a re-release screwing up the value of the original, plus the potential for ht to devalue their own business, i truly welcome the chance to own a mark I again. with open arms!

what's even better is they're going to improve on the rather weak original headsculpt AND include some new stuff. really curious to see what they give us this time. my guess is ht will take the DX route, much like the joker, and include stuff like a special base, extra accessories, and maybe even a new costume/body (the singlet he was wearing in the cave, with the arc reactor showing thru).

I am guessing probably it comes with the door bomb when the 2 terrorists was trying to break the door open while Yinsen was helping Tony Stark to suit up, scale drawings of the Mark I too maybe

anyone know how long do HT own the Iron Man licenses for? It has to be due soon. They had it for soo long.

Yeah, everyone was talking about it, just like now, but eventually the Monger got announced and everyone just assumed that was what the leak was about.

Can't wait for Iron Monger 2.0. Correct scale! :yess:

probably a battle damage iron monger first:monkey1

I realize some fans who paid out for this figure are pissed. But I am happy since I missed the Mark I the first time around and it's my favorite.

I've been surprised how many Iron Man releases I've felt pretty good passing up on. I can't justify having two of the same figure because they changed a few things and I don't want the hassle of constantly selling figures to buy the new and improved version. Especially, when the value has been shot to pieces and there is a mad rush of people trying to sell their figures. With the way prices have gone up, you are lucky to get what the new figure costs. So, I've just kept my original Marks I-III. As big of an Iron Man fan as I am I've only bit on one announced product in the last nine months which is the Iron Monger, granted that one is going to cost me. The gantry looks like it eats up too much space and seems really random. The Hall of Armor display would require having many of them, which would be too costly. I passed on the new Mark II for the same reasons I will pass on the new Mark I. The rising costs have caused me to seriously think about my purchases but it has also helped that they haven't announced much lately, that I actually want. I am surprised they haven't given us the drones and Whiplash Mark II, because they would use a lot of the same parts and people seem to want them.

Lastly, here is my prediction. I'm guessing the Avengers starts with Tony wearing a repaired Mark VI suit, hence "Hot Toys proudly presents a new Mark VI Iron man figure."
All I know is if these releases help fund R & D, I want to see new Tron and Thor figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back