Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl:lol This is fantastic news to kick off the week! :lol:rotfl

So very, very, very happy I didn't give in to bloated secondary market prices for the Mark 1, especially hearing that there were a slew of fakes on the market! My IM collection will be complete :D :yess:

1614_a953.gif

I am finally going to get one and at retail price.next up wolverine.I still think they are gonna release a x men first class wolverine.

Car battery accessory please! I own the original Mark 1, and not only am I excited for an updated version, I am most definitely gonna buy it. I am one of the people who thinks just because something is rare, doesn't make it awesome. The original Mark 1 was awesome cuz it was awesome, not because only one out of 10 collectors could get one.

:rotfl:lol This is fantastic news to kick off the week! :lol:rotfl

So very, very, very happy I didn't give in to bloated secondary market prices for the Mark 1, especially hearing that there were a slew of fakes on the market!

1614_a953.gif

I suspect this is a ploy, have you seen any fakes?

Good. Now we can get an apples to apples comparison of just how much Hot Toys has jacked up their prices in just three short years; the Mark I listed for $169 on Sideshow's site when it went on sale three years ago. I bet the reissue lists for closer to $300.

Good. Now we can get an apples to apples comparison of just how much Hot Toys has jacked up their prices in just three short years; the Mark I listed for $169 on Sideshow's site when it went on sale three years ago. I bet the reissue lists for closer to $300.

I second that theory.

lol i thought i was collecting limited edition figures. i am not even a scalper, but one of the few who collected hot toys when they released their first few figures and i have to say that although i love hot toys and their quality, i feel that i am not happy with the "collecting aspect" of the hobby.

after hot toys' recent strategy to re release everything from the joker to the mark 2 to this and probably everything else, i am officially quitting them. it has been a good run.

This is awesome! I missed the original and now I have a 2nd chance and with a better sculpt too! Everyone on the HT Facebook are crying and moaning. You know what? If you have the original don't get the reissue it's that easy!

hahaha i can't believe how much rage ppl who missed out on the first release are displaying. you guys are raging more than the current owners.

do you understand the concept of collecting limited collectibles? it means you want to collect the best version of a given limited collectible. you think sideshow wouldn't get crap if they re-released their grails?

Great news!!!! I hope it's bigger. In the movie it looks taller than the other mark suits.

Seemed pretty inevitable, since HT has done it many times with other figures and was hinting at this for the Mark I for awhile.

I actually like what it does in terms of trying to curb the speculative investment of HT figures a bit. I can also sympathize a bit for some who like owning things b/c they are relatively rare. . .but not by much. Providing more of these to make more collectors happy trumps those more selfish views IMO. :peace If you want to buy b/c something is rare, stick with Sideshow statues that you know the edition size for. Those won't ever be re-released. HT is just a different kind of company.

I've paid lots for Aliens Marines/Ripley, but like someone else said, if they re-released them, I would be happy as a lark. Because frankly, they need updating.

OK it's going to be reissued,but now the big question.
WHEN? WHEN WILL SSC HAVE IT UP FOR PRE-SALE?
Oh I can't wait!

Remember quotes like this:

The wishing for a new Mark I is starting to get comical.

tumblr_le7gresthZ1qfo4gxo1_250.gif

I wish the search feature on this site didn't suck balls because there were at least 20 more blantantly throughout these boards saying a Mark I was never going to happen.

I don't know why people are crying over this. I own the original Mk. I but am happy for those who missed out being able to finally get it.

I agree with Karamazov80 as he said it best. These figures need updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back