Hot Toys Iron Man (Classic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_2814.jpeg
IMG_2815.jpeg
IMG_2817.jpeg
IMG_2822.jpeg
IMG_2818.jpeg
IMG_2824.jpeg
IMG_2828.jpeg
IMG_2827.jpeg
IMG_2826.jpeg
IMG_2834.jpeg
IMG_2835.jpeg
IMG_2836.jpeg
IMG_2837.jpeg
IMG_2833.jpeg
IMG_2840.jpeg
IMG_2841.jpeg
IMG_2819.jpeg
IMG_2820.jpeg
IMG_2823.jpeg
IMG_2816.jpeg
IMG_2842.jpeg

Last edited:
FFS! Make it METALLIC! Not clear, not solid, not Stealthy. METALLIC!

Look how busy and messy those legs are compared to the helmet and torso.

Glorious. Was literally just looking at my shelf yesterday, knowing exactly where this one will go, and wishing they'd put him up for preorder.

Don't care for Iron Man but would love Hot Toys to do comic versions of Batman and Superman.

This is actually pretty close to what I would love from Hot Toys-more high quality, comic accurate figures like the classic videogame Spidey. But, this isn't classic Iron Man at all. Why do they feel the need to inject a "modern" aesthetic into every damn thing, even when his actual title is classic. The lines and janky, skinny face mask with overly squinty eyes are a big turn off for me. Is doing this justice actually that hard?

shellhead.png

Reminiscent of Sideshow's many failed attempts at synthesizing classic and modern GI Joe.

Also, I just thought of something: The Bad Batch line (in my opinion) was the best example of Hot Toys taking an animated/cartoon character and giving it “realism” and texture. Maybe that’s the method HT could’ve used instead of this one. 🤔
Again, I say…The Bad Batch figures “should of” lit the way for Hot Toys to make comic-based but realistic figures. I think those look great, this does…not.

I doth protest! Until I see characters other than Iron Man or War Machine (basically an Iron Man variant), I will abstain from this line.

I love the colors and the overall look of this except for the cut armor lines. I would have loved for them to do a solid, smooth musculature sculpt instead but it is what it is. I’ll snag it on a discount to have on the shelf with classic Spidey.

Get rid of the panel lines and techno bits on the limbs and it's pretty much perfect. But they won't do that so this is a pass for me.

That was fast. Maybe they did just take back the unsold weird clear plastic Iron Man figures and repaint them… :lol

IMG_3268.jpeg

Interesting comparison between the two.

IMG_3265.jpeg
IMG_3266.jpeg
IMG_3264.jpeg
IMG_3263.jpeg
IMG_3267.jpeg
IMG_3261.jpeg
IMG_3260.jpeg
IMG_3262.jpeg

I don't mind the way it looks at all. Def a niche and overpriced figure though. Really would love this next to a Comic Classic Thor & Cap. Probably not happening though because they have a hard on for IM and not so much the other two.

ysGf4Xb.png
8czW9kh.png

Back