Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abcbcf6ee9b5bf01547aa6720b7495db.jpg

I kinda like this mod. Lol

It kinda creeps me out...LOL...

I had wanted this figure for a while even though it was barely seen in Iron Man 3. It's so unique and will most likely never see a reused part or repaint, so When I ordered a Mark 43, I ordered Starboost too.
Very cool how the lights are all a cool blue tint and the overall look in a flight pose is just awesome in my display.
as far as this talk of possible yellowing, that really will suck if it happens, but until that time I am happy with this figure.

oh yes, this thing is beautiful. definitely one of my favorites. probably my favorite of the house party protocol designs.

i wonder if he'll use a space armor at some point. i assume infinity wars will have some space element to it.. so i wonder if he'll have one for those movies, and if he does, i wonder how it'll look.

anyways, i just love the color of this thing, all of the little details, vents, color scheme, the lit back pieces, the long knee pads.. i could go on. it's just a flawless looking figure and a fantastic sculpt.

it really is.. and i'm so glad they've included the beefier stands. even with the disabled light feature, they're still great for non diecast figures.
Actually, I was referring to Iron Kitty up there. Lol!
But Starboost is great too.

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

View attachment 200732

Been pretty much the same pose since I got it. Still a good figure

Just picked this guy up for $200 on eBay. After getting Shotgun last month I reviewed the released HPP suits to see if there were any unique ones that I'd overlooked, and I kept coming back to Starboost, especially after reading all the positive reviews here. I'm very pleased with my purchase - an outstanding figure! I've got him in pretty much the same pose as above.

That's a good price, congrats. :duff

Yeah it is. I bought one a little while ago and it was my first house party armor.. I got it for that price as well, but these days prices seem to be rising. So, $200 for it now seems even better. I just bought a second and had to pay $230.

That's a good price, congrats. :duff

Yeah it is. I bought one a little while ago and it was my first house party armor.. I got it for that price as well, but these days prices seem to be rising. So, $200 for it now seems even better. I just bought a second and had to pay $230.

Thanks. The same seller has a Heartbreaker listed for $195 shipped. That seems like a good deal as well, so I thought I'd pass along the info JIC someone here is looking to pick one up.

I'm a little worried about straying away from the main Iron Man suits, but I absolutely love this design! So I bit the bullet and ordered one from BBTS... thinking I'll set him up next to Rocket and Groot and treat him as the Guardians Iron Man haha. This will be my first house party armour... and I plan to keep it to my last... unless there's another one that really catches my eye.

I'm a little worried about straying away from the main Iron Man suits, but I absolutely love this design! So I bit the bullet and ordered one from BBTS... thinking I'll set him up next to Rocket and Groot and treat him as the Guardians Iron Man haha. This will be my first house party armour... and I plan to keep it to my last... unless there's another one that really catches my eye.

That's a great idea!

It won't be your last.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It won't be your last.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lol, yeah, I know that feeling.. I started with starboost, then a couple minutes later I grabbed heartbreaker. Well, a few weeks later I grabbed shotgun and told myself that that was it, all I wanted was the first three house party armors that show up.. And then things got out of hand.. Python, Mark 42, age of ultron war machine, iron patriot, hot rod, striker, snapper, peacemaker, bones, centurion, tank, and Mark IX.. All bought within like 6 or 7 weeks of each other lol.

Sorry to dig up an ancient thread, but I just recently got this and haven’t had the chance to read all these pages yet. Is it pretty safe to leave the plastic suits like this one in hover pose on the stand, or am I going to break something? So far I’ve only had experience with diecast suits which I leave standing to be safe.

My entire HPP has been airborne on dynamic stands for a few years (including diecast Hot Rod), just recently took them down for cleaning and changing the lights, no damage or marking to be found

2OmqQZH.jpg

Back