Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This came today. Fantastic overnight delivery and really well packaged by CDUK, I highly recommend them!

I only had a quick look at the figure, I was having a bad day and so depressed, even a new HT didn't cheer me up :(

Hopefully a better day tomorrow and I'll get him out of the box for some photos and introduce him to Starlird.

Sorry to hear that Flintty
hangin.gif

Congrats on the pickup though... from what I heard its a great figure, I'm hoping I can pick him up soon.
I think I will order from CDUK too and save me on import+tax

Sorry to hear that Flintty
hangin.gif

Congrats on the pickup though... from what I heard its a great figure, I'm hoping I can pick him up soon.
I think I will order from CDUK too and save me on import+tax

Thanks Braniac. Having a bit of a rough time at the moment but I mustn't dwell!

This figure is so good looking but on close inspection, I think I found a small fault. The trouble is, is it too small a fault to send back?

cXJg8bZ.jpg

On his right shoulder it looks like a machining error has caused some abrasion. It doesn't stick out so much in person but I know it's there and now I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know if I should just accept it as is or contact the seller :gah:

Ugh that sucks....Just noticed that I'm more likely to order a figure I've been thinking about getting if it's been a rough day. Toy therapy I guess.

This figure is so good looking but on close inspection, I think I found a small fault. The trouble is, is it too small a fault to send back?

cXJg8bZ.jpg

On his right shoulder it looks like a machining error has caused some abrasion. It doesn't stick out so much in person but I know it's there and now I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know if I should just accept it as is or contact the seller :gah:

It looks like the plastic has been melted. I would contact the seller and see about getting a replacement.

cXJg8bZ.jpg

I assume that is from the right shoulder area, right? I didn't have that on mine. You may need to get a fix or replacement on that.

Yup, I contacted Lee at CDUK and he was brilliant. He's looking into the possibility of getting a new part sent out :)

From Corner Store, two days ago:

"We're expecting Starboost any day now. Today is the usual day we get shipments so we are hoping for many Sideshow and Hot Toys items to show up today. We will keep you posted of course, thanks!"

:woo :banghead:

Man...I'm gonna feel really bad for revealing this to everyone here but Starboost is on sale at amiami for 21690 yen which equates to about $225 canadian dollars ($180 usd). Keeping shipping costs in mind, it's going to come about 240 bucks. Which is a huge cry from the $380 (tax included) I paid for at toys square in toronto.

Oh yeah...they accept paypal only for this item. Credit cards won't be accepted.

They had a good deal on Igor at about 36500 yen but it's sold out in a day.

Man...I'm gonna feel really bad for revealing this to everyone here but Starboost is on sale at amiami for 21690 yen which equates to about $225 canadian dollars ($180 usd). Keeping shipping costs in mind, it's going to come about 240 bucks. Which is a huge cry from the $380 (tax included) I paid for at toys square in toronto.

Oh yeah...they accept paypal only for this item. Credit cards won't be accepted.

They had a good deal on Igor at about 36500 yen but it's sold out in a day.
To be precise: they had the Igor deal for approx. 2 weeks... just sold out recently, which maybe due to announcing on this forum some 3 days ago....

To be precise: they had the Igor deal for approx. 2 weeks... just sold out recently, which maybe due to announcing on this forum some 3 days ago....
Yeah...i thought about buying igor today but then i saw the video review and i wasn't really feeling it. There's also the fact that I already preordered hulkbuster too.

All of these were waiting for me at home from UPS.

Building my Iron wall of armor I suppose...

x4ln49.jpg

Dude tell me about it! I bought mine from Toys2 as well, I even got a $20 discount from the original price because I buy stuff all the time from there. The imploding $CDN isn't making this hobby any easier now.

Back