Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Gemini

I think the idea is that the whole faceplate is see through, but mirrored gold on the front, like an astronauts visor. The eyes light up from behind the visor. Not necessarily on the figure, but on the actual suit design.

This is the armor I was really waiting for and it doesn't dissapoint. It just looks completely different.

Having said that I agree with Blue Lion. The lack of eyes is kind of strange.

1069266_524391324300522_655435351_n.jpg

I don't believe the suit HAS eyes. As in eye sockets. I think the faceplate is see through, like an astronauts helmet. The eyes just illuminate from behind it.

I don't believe the suit HAS eyes. As in eye sockets. I think the faceplate is see through, like an astronauts helmet. The eyes just illuminate from behind it.
Bingo. The entire faceplate is a visor.

eeh?? no eyes?? Kinda looks weird?

I thought it had eyes.
iron-man-3-sub-orbital-armor-gemini.jpg

Maybe prototype? or is it supposed to be like that?

It looks like it may light up where the eyes are located. Either it's lit up or it's a reflection, very hard to tell in that image.

Looks like a prototype. Would be cool if the eyes light up.

The eyes need to be further distinguished either painted, with a different transparent material or something, and the ARC reactor needs to be in the chest. Light-up is all good and fine, but I never use. Otherwise loooks cool.

I'm sure the ARC will light up, this is a really early proto, you can tell it has no articulation or anything. I disagree about the eyes tho, it should stay true to the actual suit.

No arc reactor light and solid faceplate indicate to me that this is almost assuredly a proto.

Back