Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

See? You guys are awesome. A friend of mine said that you guys can be tough on "newer" collectors. Thanks for being cool guys.

Naw, like others have said most people here are pretty chill. Everyone seems to help one another.

But like everywhere else, if you're new to a hobby and start acting like you know everything, and also don't listen to the older kids who've been around 10 years, you'll get slapped around :lol

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Naw, like others have said most people here are pretty chill. Everyone seems to help one another.

But like everywhere else, if you're new to a hobby and start acting like you know everything, and also don't listen to the older kids who've been around 10 years, you'll get slapped around :lol

was just gunna say, if your new and not an ******* youll love this place

was just gunna say, if your new and not an ******* youll love this place

Yeah man, some people just force their opinions on here it's just nauseating:lol

How's Canadia btw?

That's not entirely true.

Some people on this forum are totals dicks and love the circle the wagons when a new guy tries to shake things up.

And just because you have 10 years on THIS forum, it doesn't make you better then someone that has - less - or - more - time in this hobby.

PS: This place having a bad rep is not a good trend.

That's not entirely true.

Some people on this forum are totals dicks and love the circle the wagons when a new guy tries to shake things up.

And just because you have 10 years on THIS forum, it doesn't make you better then someone that has - less - or - more - time in this hobby.

PS: This place having a bad rep is not a good trend.

Some not most.

And I did mean 10 years in the hobby, not on the forum. And I'm not saying they're not better, I'm saying try have a better idea how the hobby works, or at least they should

I ordered the set. I'd bet that guys who want M IX, if you get the set and sell pepper with the helmets, you'll be golden. Gotta believe someone is going to knock off that light up helmet. I bought the secondary market pepper in M 42 helmet and it's really hard to see the difference.

I have no interest in the Mark IX so now I'm stuck debating whether to order the set to get the Mark 42 Pepper head and sell off the Mark IX or just pick up the 42 head later. The original announcements only made it seem like the light up helmet was exclusive to the set, not the Pepper helmet head too! :(

To everyone pondering getting the 2 pack just for the extras, dollars to donuts those will end up being made by third parties. A Pepper in Mk42 helmet has been available for some time already, and a "red eye" Mk43 exclusive head made it to market before the real thing did.

To everyone pondering getting the 2 pack just for the extras, dollars to donuts those will end up being made by third parties. A Pepper in Mk42 helmet has been available for some time already, and a "red eye" Mk43 exclusive head made it to market before the real thing did.

True. But recast or knockoff is usually worst quality. And for some people it's just not something we support. If you have ever made a living working on IP or art stuff I would imagine you would dislike knock off and recast.

There are knock offs of just about everything made. From nike shoes to iPods to sideshow statues. Most people that buy hot toys is becuase they like hot toys. Sure you can get some of the parts elsewhere. But I doubt there will be a whole mk9 knock off. And really that's the only additional thing most people want in the 2pack. The rest is just bonus.

Honestly these aren't even recasts, I have both Mk43 "red eyes" and they are absolutely identical with minor variations in the battle damage paint (actually I think the "fake" one must have come with better batteries as its light up feature was noticeably brighter). Its just coming out of different doors of the same factory.

And I wasn't talking to the people who just want Mark 9, as I said in the first several words of my post, "to everyone [of which there have been several in this thread] pondering getting the 2 pack just for the extras", i.e. the Mk42 Pepper HS and glowing Mark 7 helmet, you have other options.

Decided to pass on this set, as the Mark IX was not a 'main' armor in the movie (Tony did not wear it). Nice set though...

Honestly these aren't even recasts, I have both Mk43 "red eyes" and they are absolutely identical with minor variations in the battle damage paint (actually I think the "fake" one must have come with better batteries as its light up feature was noticeably brighter). Its just coming out of different doors of the same factory.

And I wasn't talking to the people who just want Mark 9, as I said in the first several words of my post, "to everyone [of which there have been several in this thread] pondering getting the 2 pack just for the extras", i.e. the Mk42 Pepper HS and glowing Mark 7 helmet, you have other options.

As for the fake being identical except paint...that's what a recast is. It's an exact copy. It's fake/knockoff/recast unless it comes from hot toys. If it came from the same factory and molds or not is not the point. The people that paid for those moods, for the license, for the rights, for the r&ad, ect don't get the money. If it's a straight repop or recast or bootleg or the factory over ran and sold out the back door doesnt matter. It's all the same.

Anyway...

I was looking at the set and I'm a little happier with it now. I've got so many armors and finding cool things to do with them gets harder. With this set I can do three or four poses with stuff. Got the mk9 that I could do a standard pose or whatever. Have pepper with either or switch to the mk9 arm scene or the mansion scene holding the led helmet. And then use the mk42 helmet on the 42 body and that allows me to have another use for it. And when pepper is doing the mansion pose(or I think set her up with the walking in on Tony in the gantry maybe) I can use the mk9 arm on one of the stark bodies. Lots of possabities with this set.

Is there a chance the illuminating Mk 7 helmet EX set will go to waitlist or will it sit a while? It IS Iron Man so there's a chance it won't last long but given the high price point, I figured to ask what you guys thought? If there's a chance of a future die cast Mk 7 coming with it, there may be no rush. :wink1:

Honestly I think the set will stay around for a while until it starts shipping or an updated Pepper sculpt is shown.

Wouldn't rush and if it did, just hop on the WL real quick and you'll get one.

Back