1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some guy claimed these may be "quantum realm" suits... I suppose that makes sense as long as they don't keep wearing them after.

There are certainly some similarities to Hank Pym's Quantum Realm suit.

On another forum someone posted this...

02085aba131c0e9c8623777275fcef12db912393_hq.jpg

...2010 era GotG outfit, apparently.

I get why Rocket and Cap and any other "normal" beings would need a special suit to travel into the quantum realm, but why would Thor need one? He's a god. He's traveled to different realms through the bifrost, and now he does it with ease using Stormbreaker. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I get why Rocket and Cap and any other "normal" beings would need a special suit to travel into the quantum realm, but why would Thor need one? He's a god. He's traveled to different realms through the bifrost, and now he does it with ease using Stormbreaker. Just doesn't make sense to me.

And the unexplained breathing in space hahaha

Because the quantum realm may require different travel than just simply portaling there via bifrost? It can just be as simple as that. Its far different than any other realm. The only access is shrinking. Which gives it more importance story/lore wise and just makes sense that anyone cant just portal there. God or not. The suit may very well be used to shrink them thats it. Thor shouldnt be able to do that. He may not need the breathing apparatus but he would need the suit itself to access the place. Makes perfect sense technically. I trust the writers. Especially since they literally wrote this film and IW at once. So they know very well what they had thor accomplish in IW(breathing in space and bifrost porting).

Wow not liking those leaked images... hopefully its just for one scene, i guess they do look similar to Ant-mans setup. I bet they are rushing them, they have to be....

This version of Thor isn't a God though.. although writers have amped him up and his abilities in Phase 3..

Because the quantum realm may require different travel than just simply portaling there via bifrost? It can just be as simple as that. Its far different than any other realm. The only access is shrinking. Which gives it more importance story/lore wise and just makes sense that anyone cant just portal there. God or not. The suit may very well be used to shrink them thats it. Thor shouldnt be able to do that. He may not need the breathing apparatus but he would need the suit itself to access the place. Makes perfect sense technically. I trust the writers. Especially since they literally wrote this film and IW at once. So they know very well what they had thor accomplish in IW(breathing in space and bifrost porting).

This is a rabbit hole I didn't anticipate opening. Whatever, I'll dive in lol.

You are correct, he shouldn't be able to shrink on his own because he's never done so. At least not in any comics I've read. (And in any of the films. That'd be silly haha) Two things, though.

One, how does his head shrink if it isn't covered by a helmet? Lang, Pym, Janet and Hope all have helmets on when they shrink, how come Thor doesn't need one? (Yes, I know this image could just be for promo purposes and he may have one on in the film, but we don't know that yet, do we?)

And two, how does Stormbreaker shrink? It's not covered in any special shrinking gadgets. As a matter of fact, how will Caps shield shrink? What about Rocket's weapons? I mean these characters and potentially others will have weapons, right? They're not going sub-atomic without something to fight with.

Then again, this could just be an Avengers outfit, and have nothing to do with shrinking and/or time traveling. :dunno

Btw, I don't want you or anyone to think this is an attack or something, just speculating along with the rest of you. :wink1:

This version of Thor isn't a God though.. although writers have amped him up and his abilities in Phase 3..

Meh, Taika seemed to retcon what the other past thor directors set up. Suddenly odin has gone back to calling themselves gods. Hela does as well. Strange respectfully calls thor a god and we know strange isnt shy of anyone at this point. And when loki calls himself a god in front of thanos of all ppl, Thanos doesnt even correct him or give him a weird look. None of the black order do. Id say they are just gods now but extremely little g

This is a rabbit hole I didn't anticipate opening. Whatever, I'll dive in lol.

You are correct, he shouldn't be able to shrink on his own because he's never done so. At least not in any comics I've read. (And in any of the films. That'd silly haha) Two things, though.

One, how does his head shrink if it isn't covered by a helmet? Lang, Pym, Janet and Hope all have helmets on when they shrink, how come Thor doesn't need one? (Yes, I know this image could just be for promo purposes and he may have one on in the film, but we don't know that yet, do we?)

And two, how does Stormbreaker shrink? It's not covered in any special shrinking gadgets. As a matter of fact, how will Caps shield shrink? What about Rocket's weapons? I mean these characters and potentially others will have weapons, right? They're not going sub-atomic without something to fight with.

Then again, this could just be an Avengers outfit, and have nothing to do with shrinking and/or time traveling. :dunno

Btw, I don't want you or anyone to think this is an attack or something, just speculating along with the rest of you. :wink1:

He provably just has one in the film and they took it off for promo material yea lol. Then again maybe he just wears it when he shrinks? Dunno...

Stormbreaker is a very good question haha. Maybe chalk it up to....dwarven magic??? Lol i really cant imagine it tbh

Meh, Taika seemed to retcon what the other past thor directors set up. Suddenly odin has gone back to calling themselves gods. Hela does as well. Strange respectfully calls thor a god and we know strange isnt shy of anyone at this point. And when loki calls himself a god in front of thanos of all ppl, Thanos doesnt even correct him or give him a weird look. None of the black order do. Id say they are just gods now but extremely little g

Yeah, I don't disagree at all.. and the ability to float in space and not die is pretty impressive for an "alien with long lifespan with levels of strength well exceeding other aliens from his realm who at base level are super-strength compared to earthlings, who used to but no longer wields an enchanted hammer"..

Maybe in Ragnarok they should have just officially retconned the whole thing and had Odin utter a line like "Boys, I know I've lied a lot to you about many a thing, but I also lied about us being Gods"... :lol

Huh? what movies have you been watching?

It may just be semantics, but in Dark World when Loki said he went to earth to rule the people like a benevolent god - Odin said "We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do."

It may just be semantics, but in Dark World when Loki said he went to earth to rule the people like a benevolent god - Odin said "We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do."

What he said.. and.. the version where the early movies where they tried explaining everything away as "advanced technology". Of course Dr Strange started rewriting the rules back there.

I cannot begin to explain how 15 +years into this hobby people are still freaking out about the first crappy pic someone always poses on here. It feels like groundhog day the movie... baffling.

Still really waiting for the final product photos...i keep checking instagram every few hrs:rotfl:dunno

I've already pulled the plug on this guy as I don't want to get charged without seeing the proper final product photos first. If it turns out it's just the lighting making the sculpt look off and Hot Toys have smashed it on the Hemsworth likeness, then I'll happily eat the lost NRD and re-order.

Back