1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it says pre-order and not waitlist, then it's an actual pre-order. It's not sold out at Sideshow.

Sent from my BKL-L04 using Tapatalk

Oh ok so he didn't totally sell out on first day I see. I would go with them but I don't have any rewards points with them and I'm not into payment plans. Thanks for the info.

Oh ok so he didn't totally sell out on first day I see. I would go with them but I don't have any rewards points with them and I'm not into payment plans. Thanks for the info.
Yeah sorry I was referring to AlterEgo being sold out.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I see sideshow still has preorder as an option but I'm assuming that's actually an option to be waitlisted right? I'm not familiar with how that works when product is already sold out but they still have preorder as an option.

No, you're good to pre-order with Sideshow if it says, "pre-order". If it's Waitlisted, that will be stated. Sideshow will almost always have the product for the longest amount of time because they are the main North American distributor. The other places that sell Hot Toys in the US, get their figures from Sideshow. Occasionally Sideshow will sell out, and other retailers like BBTS will still have the item.

Ah I see well hopefully that turns into not sold out as in someone cancels their preorder! I just finished setting myself up for notifications so hoping it happens. If it happened for ROTJ Luke Skywalker, who I still didn't preorder simply because even though I would like to make Star Wars my focus collection Marvel still comes out with good stuff, it can possibly happen for Strange.

Aren't the preorders run out already? It's a pretty popular figure.

Is Thanos really all that popular? the version from GOTG is still in stock at BBTS & as others have said he is still on preorder at SSC & should remain so until release. Even if he went on to waitlist my advice to any one who wants him at a decent price join the waitlist; there is no money down to join & if it converts you have 5 days to cancel. I've done 3 waitlists with SSC & they have all converted to full orders on Hot Toys.

Generally speaking villains & side characters models only sell well with collectors with rather large collections I don't see Thanos rivaling say Iron Man, Captain America or Spider-Man any time soon on popularity. Take the Iron Man rerelease of the Mk6 there was a really short window in which it converted straight from preorder to waitlist & was gone pretty fast. Red Skull & Winter Soldier can not boast the same they where both in stock for long periods of time.

Finally consider the fact that there could very well be a A4 version of Thanos. When all things are considered this does not add up to a hard figure to get your hands on.

Well the GotG version is way under scale now that the size of Thanos was shown in IW. A lot of collectors didn't want the throne and wanted an Infinity gauntlet. So it isn't surprising that it never sold out.

I think this Thanos will sell out once it has been released. Hot Toys seem to have reduced the amount of figures they make per release now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Aye, IW Thanos (with gauntlet) is an entirely different beast to the GotG figure. Even with the possibility of another version for A4 (probably armoured), I imagine many people will still want this representation of the character on their shelves simply because of how awesome he was in the film.

I loved IW and I thought Thanos was amazing in the movie but I just don’t see myself keeping my PO, something about the figure just isn’t working for me. Hope the final product looks better.

I cancelled my SSC pre-order just the other day - in part because it’s such a large figure, and in part because I then felt I could pre-order the MkVII.

I love the figure, and it was an iconic performance - it was an instant pre-order when I saw it. But the more I thought about it, I just don’t know if I want to go that big with figures.

I think he's going to look awesome looming over the rest of the figures, that pic of him compared to the mark 50 really sold me on it. I'm probably a little too hasty on pre-orders lately, but Thanos is definitely one I have no regrets pre-ordering.

I think he's going to look awesome looming over the rest of the figures, that pic of him compared to the mark 50 really sold me on it. I'm probably a little too hasty on pre-orders lately, but Thanos is definitely one I have no regrets pre-ordering.

Also no regrets for me. I plan to have him on one end of the display and the Hulk at the other end, with all the other normal sized characters in between. Should look pretty symmetrical and awesome I reckon.

Well the GotG version is way under scale now that the size of Thanos was shown in IW. A lot of collectors didn't want the throne and wanted an Infinity gauntlet. So it isn't surprising that it never sold out.

I think this Thanos will sell out once it has been released. Hot Toys seem to have reduced the amount of figures they make per release now.

Will Thanos sell out, yes; because all Hot Toys do. The real question is what happens when he hits the secondary market & I just don't see the mark up going to high on this guy. As for recent Hot Toys just look at Civil War taking Iron-man & Cap out of the equation the hardest guy to get close to sticker in my experience is War Machine. Yes Doctor Strange was really high as well, but the new IW release should curb this. all this while there is an extra surge on secondary market from IW. I could go on but taking out main characters the only real stand out under Marvel is Yondu.

Aye, IW Thanos (with gauntlet) is an entirely different beast to the GotG figure. Even with the possibility of another version for A4 (probably armoured), I imagine many people will still want this representation of the character on their shelves simply because of how awesome he was in the film.

I agree with every word you said, but I also think that every collector serious about owning Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet; will find him at a fair price.

I loved IW and I thought Thanos was amazing in the movie but I just don’t see myself keeping my PO, something about the figure just isn’t working for me. Hope the final product looks better.

If your a comic fan it probably has something to do with a lack of armor or you just don't feel he is stocky enough. at least those are my nit picks on this guy.

If Hot Toys nails the angry face sculpt...that is what will make this sell out a lot faster.

Yeah completely agree!! But now I do t know if I would just wait till IW2 and get the full armored version?? I guess it depends how this final version of the figure looks..

Yeah completely agree!! But now I do t know if I would just wait till IW2 and get the full armored version?? I guess it depends how this final version of the figure looks..
If Hot Toys makes a full armored version with the Infinity Gauntlet that would be hard to resist. Unless they do visible joints again. [emoji23]

Back