1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we're ranking, I thought I'd join in too. Keep in mind, I really enjoyed the top 18. 19 and 20 were just ok. I just recently watched/rewatched all of these films in the month of August, finishing with my viewing of Ant-man and the Wasp today. What an experience it is to watch all of these and to have the full picture for the first time... Def my favorite film series of all time.

1. Spider-Man: Homecoming
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Marvel's The Avengers
4. Captain America: Civil War
5. Iron Man
6. Iron Man 2
7. Captain America: The First Avenger
8. Thor Ragnarok
9. Captain America: Winter Soldier
10. Black Panther
11. Iron Man 3
12. Dr. Strange
13. Ant-Man
14. Guardians of the Galaxy
15. Avengers: Age of Ultron
16. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
17. Ant-Man and the Wasp
18. Thor
19. The Incredible Hulk
20. Thor: The Dark World

Yeah it's great to discuss. I imagine you wouldn't find people with the same top 20 list. For me, I love Iron Man and Spiderman, so it makes sense that my top 5 are very much centered around those 2 characters. Then I have a huge soft spot for Cap and Thor. All of the Cap movies are outstanding, but I never really loved a Thor film until Ragnarok. Though I always enjoyed his character in the Avengers films, especially IW. If Spiderman Homecoming wasn't so charming and just an all around great film/best representation of Spiderman I've ever seen, then IW would easily be my #1. I'm really curious where Captain Marvel, Avengers 4, and Spiderman FFH will rank for me.

My results.
dcb6137d15e873f3de2b18ae9e6f4da6.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Yeah it's great to discuss. I imagine you wouldn't find people with the same top 20 list. For me, I love Iron Man and Spiderman, so it makes sense that my top 5 are very much centered around those 2 characters. Then I have a huge soft spot for Cap and Thor. All of the Cap movies are outstanding, but I never really loved a Thor film until Ragnarok. Though I always enjoyed his character in the Avengers films, especially IW. If Spiderman Homecoming wasn't so charming and just an all around great film/best representation of Spiderman I've ever seen, then IW would easily be my #1. I'm really curious where Captain Marvel, Avengers 4, and Spiderman FFH will rank for me.

Oh definitely. Its wild how much of a 180 I've made on Thor since Ragnarok. I liked him in Avengers but in just about everything else, I could do without him, but they made him a rockstar in Ragnarok, and that Wakanda entrance in IW, hard to top. Definitely lead me to preorder that figure.

Very little love for the Dark World [emoji38]
I'm glad that they redeemed the character with Ragnarok. It would've been sad if first Thor movie was the best of the trilogy. Don't get me wrong, the first Thor movie is good we just don't get to see him use his powers much in that one.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

There's too many movies and they're too different to really rank in a row, but this method does get the highs and lows pretty well. Infinity would probably be a few notches higher, but a) its not a casual watch and b) it will swing pretty heavy one way or the other depending on part II

p1Oy4kb.png

Although I've recently also thought about the $$$ index, ranking the amount in sheer dollars spent on figures and other miscellany related to each film (that are still owned), in that sense:

Iron Man 3
Age of Ultron
Black Panther
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Avengers
Guardians 2

That can end up ranking the quality of lack thereof of good toys for each movie too but it does highlight the ones that struck a chord

You guys have probably seen this quiz but it gives you two options at a time and eventually shows how you rank the marvel movies, pretty cool.
https://sorta.app/q/1012
This is super cool and actually pretty close to my ranking. In my mind I have a rough top 5 which includes ties, and then everything else is just swimming below that and I don't much care about order. What surprised me was how high Ant Man and the Wasp ranked in this.

My 1-6 really could be 1-3, where each of those pairs are equal and tied (i.e. 1. Winter Solder/Ragnarok). But it is accurate in that regard.

I like Infinity War - didn't think it would get ranked so low, but I think my likelihood to pick another film over it has to do with it feeling like half a film in my mind. If I had both IW 1+2 accessible, I bet they would rank higher up and side by side to one another.
355a774b507f8da18e6031a37d966887.jpg

I’m excited to have a jalapeño cheeseburger for lunch, but I have to admit I’m a little jealous that my coworker’s turkey and cheese has the power to rule the universe...
ad8a0691c76aadb2b01b320eb1961010.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That app is interesting. Not sure if I 100% agree on how things got ranked, but it's not far off. I would've expected Ragnarok to be higher. But I don't care for Iron Man (I think Stark is just an annoying jack***), and I'm one of the few that GotG2 really moved (though, having lost my father not too soon before it came out may be why).

Capture1.JPG

Not too far off my actual list...

result.jpg

...Infinity War and Ragnarok are interchangeable, depending on which way the wind blows. Ant-Man & Wasp wouldn't be quite so high and Winter Soldier is a little low. Apart from that, it's just about there.

As for the HT Thanos figure, really can't wait to get my hands on him. Would be great to have this guy on the shelf before A4.

Pretty close to my actual list as well. By the way, are people planning any unique displays centered around Thanos when he comes in? (Villains, INfinity War, space..ect)

result.jpg

Infinity War
Thor: Ragnarok
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Captain America: Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Black Panther
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Iron Man
Doctor Strange