1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Bad Toy Store may be sold out, but Alter Ego is still taking pre-orders up until tomorrow.

Alter Ego does have him up for PO and I was going to go with them but their shipping now is just as high as SS. They’re quoting me at over $30 for it to be delivered to Texas and according to them via email it will not be able to be shipped double boxed. Since that’s the case I’ll be going with SS where you also get RPs, get it earlier and offer a payment plan.

If Comcast were to buy then the characters would go straight to marvel

From what I’ve been reading that’s not necessarily true. It depends on the language in the contracts, which aren’t known to the public. If the rights aren’t transferable then they could revert back to Marvel/Disney. There’s also a chance that if Comcast purchases Fox that the company could still exist under a new multimedia company and the rights would remain with them.

I didn’t realize that Fox also has the distribution rights to Star Wars: ANH. Regardless of who buys who Disney could likely make a separate deal for these properties. Apparently they’re not at the top of the list as to why Disney wants to acquire Fox. I’m sure one of the biggest reasons is their plans for an upcoming streaming service.

Alter Ego does have him up for PO and I was going to go with them but their shipping now is just as high as SS. They’re quoting me at over $30 for it to be delivered to Texas and according to them via email it will not be able to be shipped double boxed. Since that’s the case I’ll be going with SS where you also get RPs, get it earlier and offer a payment plan.

Being on the East coast, SSs cross country shipping prices are exorbitant for me. I'll only use them if I need an exclusive.

Also, I'm liking AEs rewards point system much better than SSs now. $25 in points on your birthday and double points on every dollar spent. Given that my shipping charges are already going to be at least slightly lower with them, it definitely works out to a better deal in the end. YMMV, of course depending on where you are.

They also double box (well, for every HT other than Thanos) which I appreciate.

No payment plans, but also no NRD -which is a real big sticking point with me.

I had an issue with them about 6 years back where they allowed orders for Bowen statues they wouldn't be allocated, but they've come through for me on everything since- including the Gentle Giant Black Widow several years back. That restored a lot of good will.

I went on ahead and went with Alter Ego for this. Already have Thor on pre-order with them....and it is a little cheaper for me, since they are closer to me. Also, POST #1800!!!!!! :):clap:yess::panic::bunnydanc:banana:fireworks:taz

From what I heard, the rights are not transferable.

Fox can’t sell the rights to another studio, but fox can 100% be bought and those rights retained. We know this because fox has already been bought while retaining the rights. news Corp (Rupert Murdoch’s) bought(or bought out) fox and they still hold the rights. The studio must retain the rights or they revert, however there’s nothing that says another company can’t buy the studio. Fox has been bought or retooled into a new company a bunch of times. Same as Sony. And universal. But as long as they stay open they retain the rights

Last edited:

I get my reward points at Alter Ego way earlier than I do at SS...? Alter Ego gives them to you right when the item ships. SS makes you wait 30 days.

They also give you a nice little birthday bonus. They have a very good rewards program. I shop there and at SS, mostly.

The last time I used Alter Ego, the maximum discount you could get off a single product with rewards points was $100. Is that still the case?

The last time I used Alter Ego, the maximum discount you could get off a single product with rewards points was $100. Is that still the case?

That I don't know. I never really wait past the $100 point. :lol

So I haven’t got myself a Hot Toy since Deadpool (I’ve been a good boy) and I knew IW would break me. I had to get one and a few were high on the list but it was no contest in the end. Thanos ordered. Gonna feel like a loooong wait...

So I haven’t got myself a Hot Toy since Deadpool (I’ve been a good boy) and I knew IW would break me. I had to get one and a few were high on the list but it was no contest in the end. Thanos ordered. Gonna feel like a loooong wait...

Good choice. He's gonna have some great shelf presence with that Gauntlet on and lit up !!

Good choice. He's gonna have some great shelf presence with that Gauntlet on and lit up !!

For sure! He’s gonna look ace next to Avengers Loki, Red Skull and Ultron! My villain collection is a lot smaller than my heroes but they’re some of the best, and Thanos will just finish the collection nicely!

Thanos is the first HT figure I'm considering having at my desk here at work, would look good with the rest of my Thanos figures I got here...
IMG_9357 (1).jpg

Back