1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just want to throw this out there, does anybody else feel The Kingpin (from netflix DD) is somewhat similar to Thanos?

Because heeee’s... bald? [emoji848]
JK
I actually do see the similarities, now that you mention it. They both have similar ambitions about bringing peace through sacrifice. They both see themselves as one-of-a-kind saviors too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because heeee’s... bald? [emoji848]
JK
I actually do see the similarities, now that you mention it. They both have similar ambitions about bringing peace through sacrifice. They both see themselves as one-of-a-kind saviors too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on, besides being big, bald, and burly (hehe), they both mean to save their respective 'worlds' by their perception.

I saw the film this morning. Effing hell! 100% more likely to get this dude now. Beast.

So what does everyone who liked Thanos in the film think of the figure now? I think the couple of scenes with his full armor looked cool but it was very bulky and makes me think it would be another armored batman situation where poses would be extremely limited without mods.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I need to hold off until we see concept art of A4. I'm genuinely not a fan of his tank top look. I also don't understand why he's so buff. Were are Titans like that?

Does AE double box figures this size and lastly what's the deal with AEs shipping prices? $32 to ship it to Texas? Wow! And I thought SS gouged people's eyes out with their shipping prices. After watching the movie I want this version. While the armor looks cool, I feel that this look exemplifies the "I don't need no armor to kick your a$$" since he now has the power of the gauntlet.

How many people ordered Thanos AFTER seeing this movie?

I'm a Silver and Bronze age fan. I bailed on monthly books years before IG and have never read anything with Thanos in it. From what friends told me about the character and the IG storyline, it sounded lame as hell to me. Always though the character looked silly too.

Saw the film this past Wednesday and one of the things I took away from it was a new found appreciation for the character. As far as comic book film villains go, he's up there right at the top. Hard to come up with any better as he is a nicely rounded character with a fully relatable point of view.

I doubt I would ever buy a straight on comic book version representation of him (though the Harbottle SS maquette looks amazing), however I just ordered the HT fig. Never in a million years expected to ever want a Thanos anything. Now I'm greatly looking forward to it.

Ordered Hela at the same time. While I enjoyed Blanchett, the appeal to that figure for me is almost entirely in the aesthetic aspect.

Shipping for both figs from AE was $18 - though I'm only one state over. It came up originally as $18 just for Thanos so I think Hela might have had a free ship promo I didn't notice.

Just want to throw this out there, does anybody else feel The Kingpin (from netflix DD) is somewhat similar to Thanos?

Kingpin was way better to me. He’s the best Marvel villain to-date that has been put on-screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need to hold off until we see concept art of A4. I'm genuinely not a fan of his tank top look. I also don't understand why he's so buff. Were are Titans like that?

Eternals of Titan are supposed to be identical looking to humans, so Thanos is a freak on Titan too.

Eternals of Titan are supposed to be identical looking to humans, so Thanos is a freak on Titan too.

Yeah, and he wasn't bulky even by human standards when he was a young man, iirc. The purple skin and humpback-whale chin were due to a birth defect, right? Unless that was modern-age ret-conning; my comic history isn't very strong.

Kingpin was way better to me. He’s the best Marvel villain to-date that has been put on-screen.

Oh man, absolutely. I know that he got to have quite a few more hours than most villains in the movies just because he's on a show but he's the greatest Marvel villain on screen imo as well. Wilson, Killgrave, Billy Russo, Thanos, Killmonger, Vulture, Ego, Red Skull, Ultron, and Loki are my list of favorite MCU villains, easily.

Kingpin definitely was more of a scoundrel and I've always loved the character. Thanos delivered in a big way.

I wish this was coming out fall 2018 instead. I don't buy HT figs much anymore. But I've got to have this in my collection.

Big Bad Toy Store may be sold out, but Alter Ego is still taking pre-orders up until tomorrow.

Oh man, absolutely. I know that he got to have quite a few more hours than most villains in the movies just because he's on a show but he's the greatest Marvel villain on screen imo as well. Wilson, Killgrave, Billy Russo, Thanos, Killmonger, Vulture, Ego, Red Skull, Ultron, and Loki are my list of favorite MCU villains, easily.

To add to that I personally liked Cotton Mouth from Luke Cage, Wesley from Daredevil and Zemo. I dont know if I will enjoy watching a villain as much as say Killmonger or Thanos unless they do a real badass representation of Dr. Doom one day. Have mercy on the day they start rolling out MCU villans like Iron Man armor though. I'd be forced to order all of them against my will. Due to little discipline and all. :rotfl

To add to that I personally liked Cotton Mouth from Luke Cage, Wesley from Daredevil and Zemo. I dont know if I will enjoy watching a villain as much as say Killmonger or Thanos unless they do a real badass representation of Dr. Doom one day. Have mercy on the day they start rolling out MCU villans like Iron Man armor though. I'd be forced to order all of them against my will. Due to little discipline and all. :rotfl

Oh man, do not get me started on Victor. He’s my favorite super villain of all time. Also, as my favorite superhero team, the day they announce a Fantastic Four movie will make me cry. The first family deserves to be portrayed well on film, hopefully before Stan inevitably leaves us. He deserves it too.

Back