1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks fantastic. Honestly, from the tease pic we got a couple weeks ago, I don't think anyone should be disappointed. Its exactly what was shown. I'm just glad we are getting an angry sculpt and the extra arm.

And no one has seen the movie so for all we know, his fully armored version could be just a few quick flashback scenes and it will be released as a limited movie promo edition at a later date. Or maybe HT believes they have already released his armored look with the GOTG version. :huh

Angry sculpt? Are we looking at two different things? That isn't angry.

Interchangable head sculpt, pending licensor approval:

Thanos.jpg

The interchangeable sculpt looks like an angry one. I was hoping that they'd include a grinning sculpt.

Wait.. So is the non fisted gauntlet articulated?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

About 41 cm tall? Guess that won't be fitting in my detolf... [emoji28]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's a definite pass for me. It's really the head that is throwing me off the most. Yes, the figure overall is quite fantastic, but the head sculpt, while accurate to the film, doesn't look good imo. It isn't the Thanos I want in my collection. We'll see if they do an armored one.

It's a pity they didn't have the stones removable. So it mirrors scenes from the movie
c341bd445e9168ef685506f0bf019838.jpg

Sent from a point in space and time

He’s 300 bucks at Secret base so should end up around 375-400 at sideshow

38cm for the GOTG version and 41.5cm for this one... Not terribly out of scale but that's almost a 2" difference, so I'm sure it will be noticeable when comparing both side by side.

Thanks for the comparison height specs Muse. Bigger is better !! haha !

But seriously, strange that the height has changed. With this height he must be about as tall as the Hulk. He's taller than old Groot 39cm.

edit : just checked Hulk is 42cm.

But that's OK for me. Looks better on display. Hulk one end, Avengers in the middle and Thanos on the other end. Very symmetrical looking :lol

I had a feeling that the GOTG Thanos was going to end up slightly smaller than he should have been. It just didn't seem as imposing next to other figures as I expected despite him being bigger than most 1/6th figures.

I know we never seen him stand next to anyone until this movie, but I'm sure marvel had a height to give HT for his scale in GOTG, and the size difference isn't just a result of HT giving it their best guess... I'm just guessing that it was Marvel who decided to make him a bit taller.

I do recall seeing much debate about his actual height back then, but I'm unsure if there was ever an official height given for his appearance in gotg, so I can't confirm either way.

also with the height, the thors, captain Americas and iron men have also been slightly up scaled through time and releases so I was kind of expecting this figure to be a bit bigger as well.

Back