Hot Toys - Hall of Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone compared pics of mark 1 in hall of armor and the original to see if there are any differences?

Has anyone compared pics of mark 1 in hall of armor and the original to see if there are any differences?

It looks like they just shopped out the eyes of Stark in the new pic.
They can be seen clearly on the original Mark 1 figure,in all the photos.
To give it the look of just armor,not Stark wearing it and standing there.

You're all on drugs if you think these things won't go for more than $100.00. The Gantry thing alone was $300+.
With the lights and the size,it'll be around $100 - $175 each.
Will they come with glass or plastic for the front or just be open front where dust can collect?
They also WON'T re-release the Mark 1. You either got it or you didn't get it. I sadly didn't get it :(
If I had the room for these I'd get them,to say it's an easy pass,no,I wouldn't say that at all.
For saying the IM line is being milked and how many Iron Man do you need? Well the same can be said for the Batman line.
As for a Pepper figure,I'd rather see her made than another Joker or Batman figure. They should make a Gordon or Alfred figure too.
They also won't re-release dx joker you either got it or you didn't.oh wait a second,they are rereleasing it so if you didn't get it you may have not missed out!!

They also won't re-release dx joker you either got it or you didn't.oh wait a second,they are rereleasing it so if you didn't get it you may have not missed out!!

They won't re-release the Mark 2, Mark 3 four different times, and the Mark 4 either!

Wolverine, NO! REMAKE it with exposed skeleton and blood, muscle etc... And Bone Claws

ROBOCOP, Yes, with a portrait of Alex Murphy, opening leg holster, Computer interface spike and articulated fingers.

Davy Jones, Perhaps, done better this time.

Godfather, NO! nothing new needs to be brought to the table.

Dutch, Yes, but a Final Battle version with wooden club, bow and arrow etc..

I don't really see HT revisiting any of those figures, especially The Don. Maybe Wolverine when the new movie comes out in 2013.

Dude, take a chill pill. :chillpill:

You stated that you wanted an environment piece from another license so I was simply picking your brain. You know having an actual discussion on a discussion board (I know scandalous) I was interested in what you thought should be done. I didn't think you'd get your panties in a bunch about it. Sorry. :lol

Chill pill taken. Panties unbunched.

The Mike, stop posting because every time you do, I can't help but stare at your sig like a drooling idiot! LOL!

Hey guys lets get rid of the pic above shall we? Its really not appropriate for this thread and better off in the sandbox.

They won't re-release the Mark 2, Mark 3 four different times, and the Mark 4 either!

So far...

One MK I
Two MK II's
Three MK III's (Gunmetal Variant)
Three MK IV's (Secret Project Variant)
One MK V
One MK VI

People were asking and asking for an Iron Monger, and now it's real, people are asking and asking for a Mark I Re-Make, so it's a possibility.

Last edited:
So far...

One MK I
Two MK II's
Two MK III's
Three MK IV's (Secret Project Variant)
One MK V
One MK VI

People were asking and asking for an Iron Monger, and now it's real, people are asking and asking for a Mark I Re-Make, so it's a possibility.

Oh! And what about the forthcoming Stealth Iron Man. I guess that could be considered a Mk III varient.

Ok now I'm just being mean. :)

Last edited:
I don't really see HT revisiting any of those figures, especially The Don. Maybe Wolverine when the new movie comes out in 2013.

I would say some are reasonable...

Robocop is rumoured.

I could see them tackling a Final Battle Dutch down the road, Predator is a part of their Holy Trinity (Batman/Iron Man/Predator) of profitable lines

With the after-market costs of Wolverine, HT may wise up and do another version to cash in.

stealth is actually the AU Mark II mold modified/repaint. Although old Mark II is the original Mark III modified/repaint if you want to count that one..

Theres regular Mark IV, Gentry with Mark IV re-release, and Secret Project Mark IV. Also Mark VI reuses most of mark IV parts if you want to count that too.

Iron man figs are kind of like Predator figs; most of them reuse old parts with a different paint variant etc.. Only Mark I, BD Mark III, and Mark V are all original with no re-used parts. (at least for now..)

-

Last edited:
stealth is actually the AU Mark II variant repaint. Although old Mark II is a Mark III repaint..
theres regular Mark IV, Gentry with Mark iV, and Secret Project Mark IV

I thought the Gantry Mark IV was identical to the Mark IV released already which is why I didn't include it, but that makes sense I guess. My mind was stuck on variants :slap

Is it just me or does this seem like a waste??! I'd rather have cool figures, than an expensive display case.

Is it just me or does this seem like a waste??! I'd rather have cool figures, than an expensive display case.

Idk if I'd call it a waste, but the timing is certainly very poor. This is something that probably should have been released long ago so that collectors could pick them up steadily after each release instead of having to buy a group of them now to house their armor collection.

Idk if I'd call it a waste, but the timing is certainly very poor. This is something that probably should have been released long ago so that collectors could pick them up steadily after each release instead of having to buy a group of them now to house their armor collection.

I think this is one of HT's response to that new company releasing this similar dio.

Just like HT's response to EB's Jack Sparrow, Bruce Lee smiling sculpt, Muscle body etc.

I'm sure we'll eventually get a Mk III and a Mk I v2 but HT will warrant it, something will be different. Looking at these, if they wanted they could do an Mk I without Stark sculpt and market it as the HoA suit for display if they wanted to in order to keep the first still unique. Just because they said it wouldn't get sold with these doesn't mean it still won't eventually. IM is making a lot of cash for HT and they are definitely going to squeeze the last bit out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back