Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup this looks pretty damn amazing.

I am not a buyer, but this level of perfection really makes me more selective on my purchases from HT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I really wasn't up for a Tarkin fig maybe two years ago, but his appearance in RO pushed him up the list and HT totally nailing the sculpt (and cut of uniform) switched me to the buy category.

I can understand the nitpicking on the sculpt - this, like ANH Leia, is 90% about the headsculpt. But I think one thing that people never seem to take into account is the fact that in order to get rid of distortion, 1/6 photographers need to zoom in quite a bit - but that makes the focus almost impossible at this scale. So most pics are taken with a too-wide angle lens (macro requires it) and those lenses do stuff like making the forehead too big.

There has been cases where proportions have been off (HT Nick Fury had a mega-mind forehead) but this one is looking pretty damn good to me.

Does anyone know why Vader/Tarkin is shipping from Asian sellers, whereas Sideshow lists an estimated arrival date of July to September 2018 for both Tarkin and Vader/Tarkin?

Was there an earlier batch of Tarkins and Vader/Tarkins that sold out at Sideshow that will ship in the next month or so, and that Jul-Sep date is for restocks - or is that date range for ALL the Tarkins and Vader/Tarkins Sideshow is getting? Surely that's an error if that's the case?

Leia Hoth has some lag time from Sideshow - it's shipping now from Asia but won't ship until Feb (maybe March) from Sideshow but that's way less than the 6-9 months lag time Sideshow has on their site for Tarkin.

:slap You know better than this. I know you do. They just haven’t updated their shipping estimates. Tarkin came way early.

Hmm... what a close attention to detail Sideshow has.:lol

And in an industry that commonly has a 12+ month period from announcement to ship date - how does something get shipped 6-9 months early?:horror

This only first appeared 6 months ago and it's already shipped - not sure when PO date was, but it would have to only be maybe 3-4 months ago? Very weird.

Must be their previous release date? BBTS changed theirs from July-Sept to April-June.

Even the revised Apr-June date is 3-6 months away. This is in-hand for a lot of people NOW.

:slap You know better than this. I know you do. They just haven’t updated their shipping estimates. Tarkin came way early.

Seems like simple (and obvious) of enough reason to me. :lol

I never go by what SSC states. All attention is on HK, and when a figure releases there, it's 4-6 weeks from that point.

Are you in Europe or USA?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

some people here got early shipment directly from HongKong as they have contact there so im just curious. Im station in Singapore and pre-ordered at SideShow, have friends in US usually come by here so it saves me some shipping + import fee.

Again, “Asian” retailers aren’t shipping this set just as they don’t ship any other figure shortly after the release date. Hong Kong retailers are the only ones that ship figures out right after release.

Asia is a pretty big place with lots of different markets. Other countries in Asia generally get their figures around the same time as Sideshow, obviously with a few exceptions.

Japan gets its figures the same time as Sideshow does even though Hot Toys has an official store in Tokyo.

I have two people that I use based in Hong Kong. PM me if you want details.

Sent from the Death Star Communications Division.

This has been a grail for so long, I broke down and ordered from timcent since it was only $20 more than if I had ordered from Sideshow.

Does anyone have an estimate on how long his orders usually take to reach the US?

This has been a grail for so long, I broke down and ordered from timcent since it was only $20 more than if I had ordered from Sideshow.

Does anyone have an estimate on how long his orders usually take to reach the US?

Tim cent is a great dealer. Got a figure from him in about 12 Days and I’m in Los Angeles. Second time i ordered got it in 4... didn’t even ask for EMS.
Goodshipped is a whole other batch of badness 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽 (From my experience)

Okay, great! I’ve got my fingers crossed to have him by Friday but I’m gonna try to meter my expectations, lol.

Back