Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howard Chan, prepare your General Veers!

:lol

Oh boy, not as many Veers quotes to choose from.

"The Porcelain Trooper went up for preorder however collectors' maxed out credit cards will prevent any impulse purchases."

"Howard Chan released that figure too close to all the awesome OT preorders."

"He felt surprise was wiser..."

"He is as clumsy as he is stupid. Sideshow, prepare your Premium Formats for a Comic-Con attack."

I see you're suspiciously not citing TPM...

Well the lack of figures from it plays a large part.

I do think SSC's Darth Maul looks awesome (saw it at my LCBS), but just haven't pulled the trigger. I also think a HT Qui-Gon from TPM would be pretty neat, though I would probably pass. The only PT figures I'd have an interest in is a HT RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan. RotS is the only PT film I can watch all the way through, as I personally liked it.

Note how the CG Tarkin pretty much is a 100% match to the life cast which they physically used to create a 3D image in the computer. With Carrie they had no such cast and had to basically try and match the mo-cap actress to ANH reference material by hand.

Cool post. It must be a bit controversial to resurrect dead actors, or to want a younger likeness for an aged actor. Who wouldn't want another Indy movie played by a 33 year old Harrison Ford? How much should the estates of late actors be paid?

Whenever my Dad comes over, he laughs his ass off that I have an Alec Guinness doll...

When he sees Cushing in all his evil splendor, he's going to bust a gut!!

Because of both of them, he managed to get me interested in all the Ealing Studios and Hammer Horror films he loved as a kid...

This is fantastic news... Perfect sculpt or not, he's going to sit on my desk (hopefully that Death Star chair is included??), and whenever I feel indecisive, I'm going to look at him, and then go and blow up a planet!!

But I'm also going to have to start hunting for a 1/6 Sherlock Holmes outfit... Hmmm...

Attachments

• PETESH.jpg
    PETESH.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 140
If only they could make a Dooku (Chris Lee) for your Dad to laugh at too.

That would be the perfect triumverate...

But unfortunately, harsh and controversial though it may be for me to say, I do not recognise Mr.Lee's connection to the universe that I know and love, as I am unwilling to accept the legitimacy of the prequel trilogy...

Plus, if they did ever do a Dooku, I would have distinct trouble sleeping at night... He scared me witless as a kid!! :horror

Back