Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He finally arrived!

I changed out the stand for one of the original Death Star ones.
b142add522bddbaf31e2c586112e45dc.jpg
3f41f6730c7c11c0e699df1197063c3c.jpg
7a9ed112bf46fe8db3313afc1cd2a26d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If you guys haven't, do yourself a favor and in a fairly dark room, grab a bright LED flashlight and shine it down on Tarkin's head angled from just in front of his forehead. You'll get all the shadows you see in the death star scenes from the stage lighting. Spot. On. Likeness.

Isn't that a little too much effort to achieve a good likeness?

I’d like to hear if anyone has any thoughts on this as well. Did anybody get the two-pack here?

I have the 2 pack. The Vader, imho, is ok. It is the ANH version so he looks clunky and no real shine to him, the gloves are nice though but out of all the Vaders I own, he is probably my least favorite. I personally love the RO Vader, he also has his issues like his cod piece but overall I think it's better than this.

If I were waiting on a Vader, I would wait for the ESB one coming out soon.

ANH Vader with proper gloves is superb. I wouldn’t compare it to another figures because it’s another figures, different suit. ANH is raw not shiny knight armor, for me the “real” Vader like how I remember him from childhood when he appeared first time on the screen.

I have the 2 pack. The Vader, imho, is ok. It is the ANH version so he looks clunky and no real shine to him, the gloves are nice though but out of all the Vaders I own, he is probably my least favorite. I personally love the RO Vader, he also has his issues like his cod piece but overall I think it's better than this.

If I were waiting on a Vader, I would wait for the ESB one coming out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic shots and pose, j14! Great lighting, too.

I am enjoying this figure too...long overdue.

View attachment 403277
Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words. I always suck at taking photos but I took a little time with this guy and actually tried to make it look good. Great pose in your photo. This was the figure I've waited for.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ANH Vader with proper gloves is superb. I wouldn’t compare it to another figures because it’s another figures, different suit. ANH is raw not shiny knight armor, for me the “real” Vader like how I remember him from childhood when he appeared first time on the screen.

Exactly. ANH Vader is not shiny and glimmery, but rough and brutal. If you look at ANH screenshots you realize how rough he is.

Exactly. ANH Vader is not shiny and glimmery, but rough and brutal. If you look at ANH screenshots you realize how rough he is.

Best thing is if you have both Rogue One and ANH Vader you can have the best of both worlds....and use the additional gloved hands on the ANH Vader.

Not buying this figure (that I formerly wanted) is a symbol of the negative sentiment 'The Last Jedi' has created across the world.

Collecting, in general, for me has been mostly related to Star Wars, even though that's actually a very small part of my collection. The idea of "collectible toys" was mostly generated by Star Wars and has cross platformed to other licenses.

What I have found is that the enthusiasm,....the eagerness,.....the excitement.........is simply gone after the story 'The Last Jedi' unloaded on the public.

The holy trilogy will always exist,.....but, for me, Star Wars collecting is done. The era that made it feel special has been appropriated and redefined.

Not buying this figure (that I formerly wanted) is a symbol of the negative sentiment 'The Last Jedi' has created across the world.

Collecting, in general, for me has been mostly related to Star Wars, even though that's actually a very small part of my collection. The idea of "collectible toys" was mostly generated by Star Wars and has cross platformed to other licenses.

What I have found is that the enthusiasm,....the eagerness,.....the excitement.........is simply gone after the story 'The Last Jedi' unloaded on the public.

The holy trilogy will always exist,.....but, for me, Star Wars collecting is done. The era that made it feel special has been appropriated and redefined.

Maybe just ignore the stupid TLJ, and collect what you enjoy from OT, or PT, or what you like.

...What I have found is that the enthusiasm,....the eagerness,.....the excitement.........is simply gone after the story 'The Last Jedi' unloaded on the public.

Pfft... We’re each entitled to our opinions.
For me, I just simply haven’t put any money into collectibles relating to the newer trilogy.
I sincerely think that allowing more recent sequels to diminish my love for an earlier film won’t happen to me. I grew up in the ‘80s on Indiana Jones, Terminator, Alien, Ninja Turtles, and countless other franchises that have released more recent sequels that don’t even come close to the older films (IMO). Still, that won’t take away what the others meant to me, nor will they reduce my nostalgia for the classics.
My Tarkin arrives Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back