Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pfft... We’re each entitled to our opinions.
For me, I just simply haven’t put any money into collectibles relating to the newer trilogy.
I sincerely think that allowing more recent sequels to diminish my love for an earlier film won’t happen to me. I grew up in the ‘80s on Indiana Jones, Terminator, Alien, Ninja Turtles, and countless other franchises that have released more recent sequels that don’t even come close to the older films (IMO). Still, that won’t take away what the others meant to me, nor will they reduce my nostalgia for the classics.
My Tarkin arrives Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not disagree with you at all. It's just,....my money isn't going to Lucasfilm anymore and even though this is a great old trilogy character, it would be supporting the new direction and Disney ultimately.

SW is done for me except for palpatine and maybe a snoke, and definitely krennic, depending if i like a bad ass character other than solo on the new movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw Tarkin for the first time in person the other day, pictures don't do it justice, it looks phenomenal in person!

Not buying this figure (that I formerly wanted) is a symbol of the negative sentiment 'The Last Jedi' has created across the world.

Collecting, in general, for me has been mostly related to Star Wars, even though that's actually a very small part of my collection. The idea of "collectible toys" was mostly generated by Star Wars and has cross platformed to other licenses.

What I have found is that the enthusiasm,....the eagerness,.....the excitement.........is simply gone after the story 'The Last Jedi' unloaded on the public.

The holy trilogy will always exist,.....but, for me, Star Wars collecting is done. The era that made it feel special has been appropriated and redefined.

You're entitled to feel however you wish. And I understand how you feel, even if I don't feel the same way.

This isn't directed at just you, but no one has changed anything for you personally. Folks that feel this way are doing it to themselves. You're letting yourself feel everything that you held sacred has been "appropriated and redefined", even though you specifically say the OT will be sacrosanct and exist in that form perpetually.

You're only hurting yourself with this rhetoric; letting yourself be hurt. You're missing out on an amazing collectible, for what? In trying to withhold your money from LFL, you're only punishing yourself.

If you - and anyone else - really loved Star Wars for what it is, then no amount of new content should change that.

At the end of the day, it's your collection and your money. You do what you feel is best for yourself. But I hope you can come to terms with just loving the OT and being fine with that, as some people did with the EU happened. Or the prequels happened. Or the animated series happened. Or the sequels happened.

In your own words, "the holy trilogy will always exist". So why can't it just exist by itself for you?

In your own words, "the holy trilogy will always exist". So why can't it just exist by itself for you?

Wise words. The disappointments of Ghostbusters 2016, Prometheus/Covenant and Crystal Skull didn’t diminish my love of the originals (I personally loved TLJ but can see why it has upset people). Don’t destroy what you hate. Save what you love. I think I heard that somewhere.....[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just got this guy in and all I can say is ... wow! Who would have thought an old man in a fairly simple suit would be one of the breakout stars of the year?

My only nit to pick is that any movement wrinkles/crumpled up his suit too quickly. Anyone know a way of straightening out the clothes on these figs? Obviously can’t iron it or anything :lol

You're entitled to feel however you wish. And I understand how you feel, even if I don't feel the same way.

This isn't directed at just you, but no one has changed anything for you personally. Folks that feel this way are doing it to themselves. You're letting yourself feel everything that you held sacred has been "appropriated and redefined", even though you specifically say the OT will be sacrosanct and exist in that form perpetually.

You're only hurting yourself with this rhetoric; letting yourself be hurt. You're missing out on an amazing collectible, for what? In trying to withhold your money from LFL, you're only punishing yourself.

If you - and anyone else - really loved Star Wars for what it is, then no amount of new content should change that.

At the end of the day, it's your collection and your money. You do what you feel is best for yourself. But I hope you can come to terms with just loving the OT and being fine with that, as some people did with the EU happened. Or the prequels happened. Or the animated series happened. Or the sequels happened.

I hate the ST with passion, for me the Star Wars saga ends with ROTJ, and I have not and will not support TFA or TLJ by buying any merchandise, and I’ll be skipping ep 9 at the cinema. That said, my love for the OT era has not been diminished by the bad fan fiction of the ST, and in my mind it just doesn’t exist. So I’ll continue to enjoy collecting stuff from the OT and to a much lesser extent, the PT. I loved RO, and Solo looks like it could be a winner. Just love that era, that is truly Star Wars to me.

Im actually liking these in-between movies better than the direction the sequels are heading. Rogue one has some great spark and Solo, we shall see. People will buy what they want to buy, some will get most characters, while others may pick and choose their favs.

I also had this opinion that the Anthology movies had the potential to be better than the ST Saga films last year even before TLJ came out. Who could have guessed the fan split back then.....

In any case I just hope Hot Toys realises this and sees in their order data etc the interest for the Anthology movie characters.

If they play it safe with Solo cause it's not a blockbuster saga film or they don't know how the movie will be received, we'll be in the same situation as Rogue One figure-wise. i.e only a handful of the main cast with the others questionable.

Collecting really sucks some times.

I hate the ST with passion, for me the Star Wars saga ends with ROTJ, and I have not and will not support TFA or TLJ by buying any merchandise, and I’ll be skipping ep 9 at the cinema. That said, my love for the OT era has not been diminished by the bad fan fiction of the ST, and in my mind it just doesn’t exist. So I’ll continue to enjoy collecting stuff from the OT and to a much lesser extent, the PT. I loved RO, and Solo looks like it could be a winner. Just love that era, that is truly Star Wars to me.

What they said

Quote Originally Posted by Knightstalker View Post

What they said

Pretty much my sentiments as well.

Well said :goodpost::lecture:duff

Just got this guy in and all I can say is ... wow! Who would have thought an old man in a fairly simple suit would be one of the breakout stars of the year?

My only nit to pick is that any movement wrinkles/crumpled up his suit too quickly. Anyone know a way of straightening out the clothes on these figs? Obviously can’t iron it or anything :lol

Yeah, got Tarkin and Hoth Leia pretty close together and definitely more excited by him. He is just so awesome next to Vader. I haven’t even moved his arms from his sides. Too scared to even try simple poses. :lol

Yeah, got Tarkin and Hoth Leia pretty close together and definitely more excited by him. He is just so awesome next to Vader. I haven’t even moved his arms from his sides. Too scared to even try simple poses. :lol

Wimp.:lecture

My Tarkin's arms just happen to be straight and flat along his sides.:monkey3

Mine just arrived and wow...Hot Toys’ incredible shrinking ray worked a treat on Mr. Cushing!
It’s like there’s a tiny little man on my desk.
40b6e78f645f6242b9cb118d2519d1ff.jpg
8b989a6e291a4c408b34f1d7d6694a00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did a little futzing and added some padding at the back of the ankles to keep the back of the boots from sagging in. I also got the code cylinders to sit better........

D46DABC7-D914-40B6-B301-4EBD30199965.jpg 0089FA83-679D-4B32-9E98-1BA810E87272.jpg 1FAFF3E6-C905-454B-8726-4D3292178393.jpg AC2FFEDC-3939-4787-B363-40AD70EF082D.jpg 8EF2946A-08B4-4087-BB8E-9DA247BE4A98.jpg

Looking good, this figure is a stand out. Simple enough i guess, but done really well by HT. Will be happy to add him to the collection once my PoL ships from bbts.

Back