Hot Toys Giger Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez-ow has this thread turned ugly. Oh well, I'm happy to see the price... $150 seems like a steal for this guy :rock

Yeah, I've got to admit it is annoying to see accurate Batman and Joker figs, awesome looking predators and the Dutch figure and now terrific Terminator figs; and on Aliens we had the likeness issues on the USCM, then Kane, then the crap quality of the Aliens Warrior Alien. Alien fans shouldn't have to feel they need to take a stand on it but unfortunately they feel they have to, to get the quality figs they deserve.

Jeez-ow has this thread turned ugly. Oh well, I'm happy to see the price... $150 seems like a steal for this guy :rock

Given the rise in prices, it's nice to see an Alien only cost $25 more than they used to. I've always been amazed how cheap the Alien figures were compared to Predators, granted those guys have weapons and more to them, but each Alien has been its own unique rubber suit and all, nothing recycled like a Predator base body and gear, so I figured that'd balance out to equal pricing.

I see and understand your point. However, please try to see ours.
This is not Hot Toys first Alien figure. "We" have already sent countless e-mails to Hot Toys HQ with their prior alien figures requesting more accuracy.
It's like "we" are being ignored, and the only real thing that will get their attention now is extreme action/ words.

I get that some or the words used are disrespectful to the sculptor, but if the sculptors work seems disrespectful to us....what do you expect?
You have to give respect to get respect. Respect is earned.
The disrespect is simply a reciprocation of how we feel we as alien fans are being treated.

Cool beans? Cool beans.....

But I think we have made ourselves heard, I'm sure HT gets it by now. I remember when the first AvP alien came out, nobody really complained, although a few inaccuracies were pointed out. When the Aliens xeno came out, only a select handful of us complained bitterly about how little resemblance it bore to the source material (remember the hell we raised Les? LOL!), by the time the A3 dragon was shown, again it was just a few who really complained and put up reference pics, but the grumblings did grow louder. And now the Giger original. Well, this thread has become pretty large and it has become the most debate filled of recent Alien threads, so I think HT will take notice that this time we're really not going to accept things just the way they want to make them.

Well put!

on Aliens we had the likeness issues on the USCM, then Kane

People really need to understand those cases, that's purely licensing, though the USCMs were also made early in HT's lifetime when portraits weren't too great. The Alien and Alien licenses don't cover likeness rights on the actors, the movies were made before companies were wise enough to secure that. Predator is the same, Hot Toys had to go through Arnold Schwarzenegger's independent company to get those rights, otherwise Dutch would have sucked, but HT knew they'd never sell it otherwise given how far they've come. The Aliens figures were some of their first movie figures so it was fine back then, and Kane was probably a matter of extra costs to get likeness rights or no ammount of money getting it and they figured at least with the rest of the figure's quality, it could be looked past. Even Dallas, while close, is not HT's best portrait work.

Everyone wants Ripley from Alien, but better embrace that it'll only passingly look like Weaver as their Aliens Ripley did. That's just the down side of having figures made from these older films. George Lucas was one of the few filmmakers prior to the 90's to recognize the power of merchandising and secure rights within film contracts, most other properties pre-90's do not cover it.

Yeah, it's gotten bad. :monkey2

See what you're doing to us Hot Toys? You're driving a wedge between us.
Please give us more accuracy, so that we can all buy this figure and never use the word "boycott" again. :monkey1

:peace

It's fine for anyone to voice their disappointment or their satisfaction with the way this figure looks. I'm all for that. However, I do agree that some comments seem a bit condescending and many threads including this one are starting to get a little out of control with the negative attitudes and know-it-all-ism.

I think we can all agree that we'd like to see this figure as accurate as possible. I hope that your e-mails have given Hot Toys some ideas on how to improve the overall look of the figure.

I do put a lot of faith into Hot Toys, however. They seem to be the one company above any other that addresses the concerns and criticisms of their fans and they always seems to strive to improve their products. For the sake of all the Alien fans here, I hope you all get the figure you've been waiting for!

I'm only 'boycotting' on this one figure. I don't think Hot Toys need worry, I'm loving most of the rest of their work.

If I may the release date is 4th quarter this year? Whoa I thought it would come out 1st quarter 2010. I hope HT will make the necessary changes that we discussed. I think we can all wait if it will be delayed for 2010.:D

If I may the release date is 4th quarter this year? Whoa I thought it would come out 1st quarter 2010. I hope HT will make the necessary changes that we discussed. I think we can all wait if it will be delayed for 2010.:D

Dont worry, HT's dates are ALWAYS delayed...

Dont be surprised if its 2ND quarter 2010...

HT said Predator 1 is 14", but it is 13".
So HT Alien will probably only be 15".
Which is cool, it'll look good next to Pred!

You know who had a great shaped head/skull? Marmit, both the vinyl (from what I've seen, never got a chance to grab one), and the A and B statues.

Nice close up shot, HD's wasn't it Sabres?
99A3.jpg

Never seen this piece before, love it! Looks like he's about to chomp Parker. No dome with it though?

Never seen this piece before, love it! Looks like he's about to chomp Parker. No dome with it though?

That's a Marmit A I believe. The B is the stooping one. It does come with a dome, I think James posted that pic to show how the skull is supposed to look, although to be honest, I do believe the Giger sculpt had a bit of evil eyes going on, I remember seeing a pic where the skull had some mods on the eye sockets. Nothing as extreme as the HT version though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back