Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Is this close to classic Jinx?

2307737-gijoe2_jinx_retaliation_1334857129.jpg

I had a Storm Shadow toy when I was younger, but I guess I'm not too much of an expert on the subject. Watched 'GI Joe Resolute' yesterday for the 1st time. Getting into it.

If Jinx is cool in the movie, I'd want a figure of her ..... unmasked :naughty

Nah, that looks more like a great start for a film version of Elektra though. :lol

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Is this close to classic Jinx?

2307737-gijoe2_jinx_retaliation_1334857129.jpg

elodie-yung-as-jinx-in-g-i-joe-retaliation.jpg

I had a Storm Shadow toy when I was younger, but I guess I'm not too much of an expert on the subject. Watched 'GI Joe Resolute' yesterday for the 1st time. Getting into it.

If Jinx is cool in the movie, I'd want a figure of her ..... unmasked :naughty
Closer than banana Jinx that Nam posted. :lol
I would really hope she comes with both heads, sorry, but to me, it would be like being offered a StormShadow with no mask option.

Does kinda look like it would make a nice Elektra.

& Storm Shadow needs to be masked if they offer it :lol

Thats why I don't see the price points being too hefty. I mean, I see them being greedy- sure... but there isn't actor portraits and a ton of accessories so Hot Toys really needs to not try to cash in unreasonably.

HOT10396.jpg

About the same as Black Widow as far as accessories and no actor portrait... should be less than the $190 that BBTS has Widow at.

But we'll see.

I prefer the 1984-85 vibe that SSC has going. This one is too rebooted Robocop.

Any wagers on how many pages/posts this thread will have by the time the actual figure is released?

:lol

When I was stationed in Norfolk, VA a lot of the black guys under my command was ticked Will Smith didn't become Cap.

I said "Cool, we'll have Ben Stiller play Black Panther or Luke Cage."

You know, because it isn't racist to have a white character played by a black actor... but OF COURSE it is racist to have a white actor portray a black character. Tsk Tsk.

Very true, kind of like Ripcord here. Really a piss poor choice. Didn't know that was the delay for Tatum....ohhhh nooooo

is this the first G.I. Joe figure hot toys ever made?

is this the first G.I. Joe figure hot toys ever made?

To the best of my knowledge yeah. Judging from the posts earlier in the thread from more experience Joe Collectors (although I've owned several) said the only reason this thread got attention was because it's HT and not SSC.

Looks really good. Hot Toys is really amping up the details on the costumes. Whether or not the movie is any good, this figure looks great.

Oh except how high he wears his pants. Looks goofy.

Looks really good. Hot Toys is really amping up the details on the costumes. Whether or not the movie is any good, this figure looks great.

Oh except how high he wears his pants. Looks goofy.

Exactly. Also I fully believe all the people condemning the movie will likely see it opening night if not a midnight showing. :cuckoo:

I also agree that the pants do look funky... but are more in style for a "military feel." That would be the one very insignificant complaint I would have towards this.

I love the figure, and as of now it is my most wanted figure. Bring on the preorder.

*Applause* Thanks mods.

I'm curious as to why the RAH fans are so upset over this. It's the film's version of Snake Eyes, not the RAH version. Sideshow gave us that version... it's like saying "Forget the new X-Men: Last Stand Wolverine figure... it's a movie figure. Wolverine doesn't wear that outfit in the comics, so screw that figure!"

It isn't based off the comics, its based off the film.

looks good here
295146_10151181688492344_1094043100_n.jpg

Just not in the wide stance poses.
64990_10151181688627344_674277206_n.jpg

*Applause* Thanks mods.

I'm curious as to why the RAH fans are so upset over this. It's the film's version of Snake Eyes, not the RAH version. Sideshow gave us that version... it's like saying "Forget the new X-Men: Last Stand Wolverine figure... it's a movie figure. Wolverine doesn't wear that outfit in the comics, so screw that figure!"

It isn't based off the comics, its based off the film.

Your "innocent" curiosity is cute from a mod POV, but it's a little more than obvious you keep stirring the pot to get the discussion flowing just to debate the same thing again. Its not what hardcorers would call classic, but you love it. Cool beans. We get it. Let it go. :horse

Figure is HT standrad. Duh. Subject is mediocre. Duh. It'll be RE Alice all over again. Save for mindless Joe completists there'll be some guys that buy it just because it looks cool, but the topic is dead until release. No need to reply to each sentence indvidually.

Your "innocent" curiosity is cute from a mod POV, but it's a little more than obvious you keep stirring the pot to get the discussion flowing just to debate the same thing again. Its not what hardcorers would call classic, but you love it. Cool beans. We get it. Let it go. :horse

Figure is HT standrad. Duh. Subject is mediocre. Duh. It'll be RE Alice all over again. Save for mindless Joe completists there'll be some guys that buy it just because it looks cool, but the topic is dead until release. No need to reply to each sentence indvidually.

To me, it it wasn't for the visor, this figure/movie version of "Snake Eyes" would have nothing in common with any Snake Eyes figure I grew up with. It's a generic sports bike rider with swords.

To me, it it wasn't for the visor, this figure/movie version of "Snake Eyes" would have nothing in common with any Snake Eyes figure I grew up with. It's a generic sports bike rider with swords.

I believe Nam pointed it out earlier, but the upper armor really does scream TDK Batman. Its just missing the symbol. Aways hit or miss when you can tell what inspired a design.

Its like when the Weta boys did GL. Everything "alien" in that movie looked like an orc.

Back