Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I'm honestly not trying to promote. I have a humorous story about RoC and that story makes me cringe at the thought of watching it (aside from the obvious reasons).

I just think the negative reaction from the RAH fans is a little extreme. My buddy loves RAH and went nuts about how this "isn't Snake Eyes" and went on a huge rant... but SSC gave two Snake Eyes geared towards RAH. This figure looks awesome, I don't think people can deny that... the purists just don't like it (which I understand).

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

296400_10151025735906601_841308419_n.jpg

And here is a shot of what I used as targets for my new guns. This is how I felt about RoC.

Damn, just when I thought I was out...

This looks awesome. I collect pretty much any and all versions of SE, have since I was 6, so he'll fit right in alongside my SSC stuff. If the price is right, of course.

I'm with you buddy. This is something I certainly want, but if Hot Toys gets greedy (looking at you Hall of Armor diorama) and charges anything north of $180 (and even that is pushing it considering the limited accessories).

Seems to be a lot of people not liking this figure so wondering if that would drive up the cost of a SSC SE - I've always wanted to buy one but afraid the HT one will either drive the value up or down. Hmmm...
You'd have to ask yourself how many versions of Snake Eyes do I want on my shelf first. If you're okay with more then one, I'd recommend buying one of the new Creg Customs Snake Eyes heads and building your second version with parts from a variety of manufacturers, not just Sideshow. Try kit bashing once and you might get hooked, it's a lot of fun.
I was considering picking up the new Snake Eyes w/ Timber... but yeah this one completely blows that out of the water.

Those complaining are just stuck on RAH. Nothing wrong with that at all... see that RAH fans? Someone that doesn't want the RAH version says there is nothing wrong with RAH. Same courtesy to those who like this one please and thanks.

Look at it from the prospective of the new Robocop reboot, you may find the new design cool looking but to say that's Robocop is insulting. It departs so much from the original that it loses what makes it Robocop, the same thing with the new Snake Eyes from Retardation (and the whole movie for that matter), it departs so far from Snake Eyes that it's kind of insulting; and that goes doubly so for the first movie.
To me, the only thing that vaguely looks like SE here is the sword, Arashikage sign, "Uzi" type MP7, and the pants, that's it.

Last edited:

No I understand completely. The thing is just because the people who don't like it shouldn't condemn or ridicule the people who do enjoy it (not referring to you).

Does it look awesome? Hell yes. Is it a true representation of the character? Yep.

The representation of Snake Eyes from this movie... not the RAH.

Pretty cool figure, but am I the only one that thinks his costume design is pretty lame? All the armour that hes packing on his top half, and then just wear trousers on his bottom half, I dunno it just looks odd to me. :dunno

I dunno, I'm used to G.I. Joe having some really stupid **** in it pretty much consistently, and while I'm attached to the RAH designs, they had their own share of ridiculousness. Eco Warriors, Ninja Force, etc. I just look at ROC/Retaliation as another iteration of the toyline, and it has some cool stuff in the midst of even more ridiculousness. Just part of being a Joe fan.

Then again, I'm fairly indifferent about the movies themselves...I wasn't a fan of the direction they took the story at all, but again, it's G.I. Joe. The dumb **** far outweighs the cool ****. Plus, Scarlett was hotter than hell.

he looks great , but i wish the movies would stick to the arah source material, how hard is it to give duke tan shirt with green pants, and snake eyes a grenade belt with out the body suits.

he looks great , but i wish the movies would stick to the arah source material, how hard is it to give duke tan shirt with green pants, and snake eyes a grenade belt with out the body suits.

But then SE wouldn't look like Batman. :dunno

Hopefully this is released by the time the film is released.

I never thought I'd get into GI Joes, but this looks stellar. If the movies weren't such crap I would feel better about it.

Loving that sword though! Any idea on a price yet?

I never thought I'd get into GI Joes, but this looks stellar. If the movies weren't such crap I would feel better about it.:monkey1

Loving that sword though! Any idea on a price yet?

Stand alone, no prior knowledge or attachment to the source material the movies weren't quite that bad. Solid popcorn flick if you just want to see two gorgeous gals in tight outfits and a bunch of fighting and explosions. The new venture looks a lot more entertaining (bring on Adriana P!).

As far as price point... this doesn't have a great deal of accessories nor an actor's portrait. I am hoping $150-160, but more realistically about $180-200. Anything more than that and someone at Hot Toys needs kicked in the shin.

I've never seen anything GI Joe before apart from the toys. I just watched Rise of the Cobra, ive seen it get slated alot and i havent watched it to now because i didnt like how it looked either.

I really enjoyed it. I dont think id watch it again. But its made me want to start googling about the history of the Series

I've never seen anything GI Joe before apart from the toys. I just watched Rise of the Cobra, ive seen it get slated alot and i havent watched it to now because i didnt like how it looked either.

I really enjoyed it. I dont think id watch it again. But its made me want to start googling about the history of the Series

There's a much richer and more compelling story in the comics. Especially in the first 100 or so issues. IDW put the series out in TPBs so they're inexpensive and readily available for about half price. Amazon.com won't let the link work but just search for GI Joe Classic under books.

Most comics from the 80*s have more richer story then their versions in a form of cartoon.Since I dont have sideshow snake,may go for this one,he does look nice,but price point is really big question,worth it,or not.

The Rise of Cobra was awful. If didn't feel one damn bit like GI joe anything. Channing Tatum and Wayans were pitiful casting choices. With a new director and storyline, the sequel looks to actually be entertaining and might have a shot at being an okay movie.

Well keep in mind one of the reasons for the release date to be pushed back was to get Tatum more screen time. Originally he dies in the first 10 minutes, but he is the "it" guy right now (which is absurd).

No guy likes Tatum. Dude can't decide if he is a badass or a ghetto g-thug. Jensen Ackles for Duke!!!

No guy likes Tatum. Dude can't decide if he is a badass or a ghetto g-thug. Jensen Ackles for Duke!!!

I'm a girl and I'm not that crazy about Tatum either. As for Jensen as Duke, I second that!!!! It's time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum :rotfl:rotfl

Ackles would make a great addition. He has charisma, attitude and a natural aggression. Dean = Duke.

Back