Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

This guy hates this figure so much, but keeps coming back to the thread for it? He will probly end up buying it :rotfl And if not i dont understand why some people waste their time concerning themselves with what others like, no body is making you buy it or look at it bud :peace

Yes, I've done that before myself too and ended up buying figures I said I wouldn't get, sometimes it takes a while for a certain figure to grow on some people, then boom!! they pull the trigger and get it.

Fat chance!

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Hey.. Xeno, for the record, I don't own a singl 1/6th figure, hot toys, or sideshow, that I haven't customized.

And there's nothing wrong with the pro body, now you're just hating :lol .

Pro body is probably one of the better 1/6th bodies on the market. Is a TrueType better? In some ways yes, but they cost too damn much. I'll agree that the early pro bodies were garbage, however the newer releases are just about perfect. Curious to see the new super hero bodies as well.:D
I have always hesitated to buy a side show figure, because I am unfamiliar with the pro body, is the joints of the figure tight, and compared to Hot Toys is it the same height or what?

Ugh....

Looks so bad. Even in hi-res....

This guy hates this figure so much, but keeps coming back to the thread for it? He will probly end up buying it :rotfl And if not i dont understand why some people waste their time concerning themselves with what others like, no body is making you buy it or look at it bud :peace

Xeno, just curious. Did you have another handle before you started this one?

Or did you spontaneously just find the board, start massively posting and insulting people?

I have always hesitated to buy a side show figure, because I am unfamiliar with the pro body, is the joints of the figure tight, and compared to Hot Toys is it the same height or what?

the EARLY releases, like the original snake eyes, cobra commander, and Indiana Jones suffered from EXTREMELY loose joints. Be warned, if you buy one of those, they WILL need a body swap.

All the releases SINCE, for the most part are fantastic. Sideshow did a brief stint where they tried out ratcheting knees ( think revoltech). But have since done away with that concept.

All the joints on new releases are amazing. No complaints from me. they're just as good as the joints on a hot toys body.

The pro body now comes in 4 flavors.

1.0 ( cobra trooper, Cobra commander, indy, Original snake eyes)
1.1 ( Clone wars anakin )
1.2 ( Duke, most of the joes)
1.3 ( Zartan, Rock and roll, Snake eyes with timber )
1.4 ( Falcon )

the 1.0 has a few problems. it's a little short, the arms are a little skinnyand some of them tend to slouch a little

here is a picture of the 1.0 with a truetype to show what i mean

257d1ye.jpg

This was fixed in the 1.1 and 1.2 by changing out the abdominal section

pictures of the 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 versions

052009pro-07.jpg

more pictures here
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=6838...m%2f%3fp%3d6838&utm_campaign=Custom_Affiliate

the 1.2 goes a step further and intorduced bigger, beefier arms. the arms don't have added detail, but they are bigger around and allow for a more "soldierey" or "athletic" look.

the 1.3 has even larger, more muscly arms that are designed to be exposed. this is the 1.3 body that was used on the recent snake eyes release.

SET-22A.JPG

and the 1.4 also is designed to be exposed from below the elbow. it has standard pro arms, but the forearms have detail sculpted in.

SSHLF-03-2.jpg

all honesty, i was expecting falcons body to be used on snake eyes.

Xeno, just curious. Did you have another handle before you started this one?

Or did you spontaneously just find the board, start massively posting and insulting people?

Nope never been on here before, and I don't see how that is insulting people. I just don't understand why some people go onto threads repeatedly for things they hate just to bad mouth them. I have never once been on a thread to talk crap on something I don't like, I think that is childish, if you want to say an opinion about something fine but why keep coming on a thread to bad mouth a product that you hate just to piss people off, i just dont waste my time trying to make people feel bad for liking things, this thing clearly looks better then the movie version, I am only on threads for things I like, as i think it should be. And ya I have gotten in a few arguments about things I like, but we all have strong opinions on here, or else I would have no one to argue with. But my apologies to anyone I have offended, except the guy who comes on the avp thread just to say avp is kid crap, **** that guy :rotfl everyone else on here is cool in my book :peace

I thought maybe you lost your old pass or something, theres someone whos posted for along while with a name very similar to yours.

I thought maybe you lost your old pass or something, theres someone whos posted for along while with a name very similar to yours.

No, I'm new here but I can get carried away, just let me know if I am being ****ed up and i will try and watch it, I respect everyones opinions on here, even when they are wrong :lol

the 1.3 has even larger, more muscly arms that are designed to be exposed. this is the 1.3 body that was used on the recent snake eyes release.

SET-22A.JPG

and the 1.4 also is designed to be exposed from below the elbow. it has standard pro arms, but the forearms have detail sculpted in.

SSHLF-03-2.jpg

--

The ab design looks similar to those SEA INTERNATIONAL male bodies from years back and the OMEGA male bodies that were basically the SEA INTERNATIONAL male bodies with tweaks by TRIAD TOYS (with approval from SEA INTERNATIONAL) from a couple of years ago.

Little bit, yeah. They also share some similarities with the Volks male body.

I wish HT included a second portrait. One that looked like this !

I'm not even sure if movie SE is burned. He took a vow of silence which is why he doesn't talk (he actually had dialogue at one point). But then again, he was named Snake Eyes because he has a mole on each cheek. :lol

Ah, true enough. They were quite practical, you're right. :)

We haven't seen a Sideshow Joe with a boonie hat yet, did we? I feel like I want a Muskrat figure now... but really any of 'em could come with one.

I'd be down for Muskrat! He was my go-to Dutch as a kid. :lol

the EARLY releases, like the original snake eyes, cobra commander, and Indiana Jones suffered from EXTREMELY loose joints. Be warned, if you buy one of those, they WILL need a body swap.

All the releases SINCE, for the most part are fantastic. Sideshow did a brief stint where they tried out ratcheting knees ( think revoltech). But have since done away with that concept.

All the joints on new releases are amazing. No complaints from me. they're just as good as the joints on a hot toys body.

The pro body now comes in 4 flavors.

1.0 ( cobra trooper, Cobra commander, indy, Original snake eyes)
1.1 ( Clone wars anakin )
1.2 ( Duke, most of the joes)
1.3 ( Zartan, Rock and roll, Snake eyes with timber )
1.4 ( Falcon )

the 1.0 has a few problems. it's a little short, the arms are a little skinnyand some of them tend to slouch a little

here is a picture of the 1.0 with a truetype to show what i mean

257d1ye.jpg

This was fixed in the 1.1 and 1.2 by changing out the abdominal section

pictures of the 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 versions

052009pro-07.jpg

more pictures here
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=6838...m%2f%3fp%3d6838&utm_campaign=Custom_Affiliate

the 1.2 goes a step further and intorduced bigger, beefier arms. the arms don't have added detail, but they are bigger around and allow for a more "soldierey" or "athletic" look.

SET-22A.JPG

SSHLF-03-2.jpg

Thanks for all the information, I have been looking at the Side Show Clone war troopers and think they are really cool, but I am not really digging these bodies, I wish Sideshow would develop a new type of body for it's figures. The Star Wars Clone War figure really peak my curiosity, I think they look amazing. I would buy a few but I don't see a way you can fit the hands and feet on another body...again thanks for the response.

Thanks for all the information, I have been looking at the Side Show Clone war troopers and think they are really cool, but I am not really digging these bodies, I wish Sideshow would develop a new type of body for it's figures. The Star Wars Clone War figure really peak my curiosity, I think they look amazing. I would buy a few but I don't see a way you can fit the hands and feet on another body...again thanks for the response.

Firstly, I'll agree the pro is a fairly ugly body, with weird proportions, BUT there is a reason for that.

It's designed to look REally good with clothes on. and it does that. This is the 1.2

2613_press01-001.jpg

And snake eyes on the 1.3
SnakeEyesSweaterComparison5.jpg

the weird ganglyness of it creates a realistic human profile.

as for swapping the hands and feet over, they're completely compatable with hot toys bodies, AND knock off hot toys with minimal to no modification.

HOWEVER, Clone troopers have a different body all together.

Clone troopers don't use the pro body, they Use the AFB, Or Armored Figure Body.

2279887922_1168eea424_o.jpg

It's the Black one in this picture.

The armored figure body looks really really weird. It does that so that it can fit inside the armor, without making the armor oversized. you see, in the real world, armor is worn tightly, and it somewhat compresses the body of the wearer. as the plastic body can't compress, the only options are to make the armor slightly too big, which looks like ***, or make a specialized body that is slightly too skinny for anything else, and the armor looks fine.

The armor figure body, is essentially a hot toys truetype, made very very SKinny. In fact, they had Hot toys assistance during the development process. the arms and legs are somewhat skinnier than even the hot toys slim true type.

Thanks Lerath666 for all the information and the pictures, I was wondering do you own any of the clone war troopers and if you do what is your opinion of them?

Thanks Lerath666 for all the information and the pictures, I was wondering do you own any of the clone war troopers and if you do what is your opinion of them?

I've got several. The early clones suffered from some loose joints, and used a rubberish body suit. the worst offender is without a doubt a uptau trooper. they fixed this pretty quickly. the later clones, and all the clones sense use a much nicer fabric body glove. and have much much sturdier joints.

The armor itself is FANTASTIC. it's made of a hard, quality ABS plastic that is nicely rigid, and actually FEELS like armor. I find t vastly superior to the "rubberish" medicom clone armor, and hasbro armor.

If you've ever bought a custom clone kit, it's very similar to that, Without being exceedingly fragile. The only downside to the clones, IMO, is that the torso armor is glued together at the seams, making it a huge pain in the but to remove it, which makes it very very hard to swap out the body suits on the earlier clones, like the Phase 1's, if you feel so inclined.

over all, IMO, the sideshow clone troopers are a solide 8.5-9 out of ten as an average across the board, with many individual ones being, IMO, a perfect ten. Captain Rex, for example, is my personal favorite.

2011-01-21.jpg

LOL Star Wars in a Joe thread

I don't mean to take this in to overtime, and yeah star wars in a joe thread is funny....but could you name the later ones with the better bodies, so that I don't buy the ones with the loose joints. Nothing kills a figure no matter how good it may looks than loose joints. That is why when I rate bodies I say the best is the T2 body, so far I have five and not one has loose joints, they are still pretty tight.

lerath666 said:
LOL Star Wars in a Joe thread
--

Does that mean we can post GI JOE figures in a STAR WARS thread?

Like a bunch of 1:6 COBRA VIPERs putting the beat down on a bunch of CLONE TROOPERs or COBRA COMMANDER & DARTH VADER dissing one another?

--

Does that mean we can post GI JOE figures in a STAR WARS thread?

Like a bunch of 1:6 COBRA VIPERs putting the beat down on a bunch of CLONE TROOPERs or COBRA COMMANDER & DARTH VADER dissing one another?

That... would be awesome.
Do it
DO EEEEEEET!

I don't mean to take this in to overtime, and yeah star wars in a joe thread is funny....but could you name the later ones with the better bodies, so that I don't buy the ones with the loose joints. Nothing kills a figure no matter how good it may looks than loose joints. That is why when I rate bodies I say the best is the T2 body, so far I have five and not one has loose joints, they are still pretty tight.

Sure. though bear in mind, that taking the armor off ( which is possible, just a little difficult) and swapping the earlier bodies for more recent ones WILL fix any and all problems.

the list of which ones to stay away from is much shorter. I'll also only list the ones with Floppy joints. The Rubber vs cloth suit is pure preference.

General Kenobi has semi-loose joints

212th Attack Battalion: Utapau Trooper has loosish joints.

That's really it. All the rest are pretty much great. it is POSSIBLE you might get a bad one on any figure, I've gotten hot toys figures with floppy joints before for that matter. that's just a bad body, not a issue with the entire release. That happens, either pick up a later armor body from toy anxiety ( they've generally got them for pretty cheap) or swap it with the seller.

:lol @ people wanting CG Clone bodies that didn't even look realistic on screen to look realistic on the figures. :lol

Back