1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine paying all that extra money for 1st batch, then something like this happens.
These release times are unheard of right now for sure. I think, for the most part, the way of the first batch pricing will be a thing of the past. I just ordered a first batch Lando from TW a few days ago for $230 and you can do the same for the Shoretrooper.

These release times are unheard of right now for sure. I think, for the most part, the way of the first batch pricing will be a thing of the past. I just ordered a first batch Lando from TW a few days ago for $230 and you can do the same for the Shoretrooper.
Yeah it seems like Sideshow closing the gap between HK release and their own shipping has had an immediate affect on what the Hong Kong sellers think they can get for figures. ToysWonderland is already advertising Miles for $263, too. If they’d gotten Rex too I bet there’s zero chance he’d be going for double MSRP.

Seems like a win-win for collectors all-around.

I have never worked with any of the HK suppliers. What is the usual time between first and second batches?

The batch nonsense needed to end. I was fine with it back when the figures first released in HK and then everyone got their figures in 4-6 weeks but the last couple years have been ridiculous. Hope this change continues.

Last edited:
I can’t wait for this to show up. I’m loving all the ESB pieces. Lando’s going with Han in Carbonite and Boba Fett. I JUST got a Hoth Leia back today after selling it almost a year ago because of craziness going on ( I regretted it the second I handed her over to UPS). But I got lucky and got her back for $400 only $20 more than I sold her for. So it was like a nice loan with very VERY reasonable interest. She’ll be going with Snowspeeder Luke when he drops (hopefully soon) until that figure which I won’t name comes out… if ever.

Still can’t believe they let the 40th go by without releasing you-know-who…Anyway, Lando isn’t perfect, but I personally love his headsculpt and his outfit. I’ll save my final judgements for when he’s in hand. Have people got theirs from SS already?

Nah no way. At least not with TBAgent. He typically sends 2nd Batch probably a month or so after 1st Batch.

If you are meaning difference between 1st Batch releasing and when Sideshow gets them, then yes 3 months (or more) is correct.
Says on his own site 3-5 months, but it does vary from figure to figure.

My Death Trooper took 2 months from TBA, which was the same time that Sideshow got theirs.

Figure been release instead of appreciating Hot Toys releasing instead of pushing it back, Lets complain. (The Fandom are joke somentimes)

My second batch has been paid for and should ship this month so I’m guessing people are right that it hasn’t pre sold in large numbers

Figure been release instead of appreciating Hot Toys releasing instead of pushing it back, Lets complain. (The Fandom are joke somentimes)
Because they released like 6 figures in a week which a lot of people probably weren't prepared for.

They’ve doing this a lot lately; drop a bunch of releases all at once then go silent for ages.

The UK Facebook group just posted:

Yep Lando is ready
🙂

He has the Shoretrooper down for October 23rd, but it's the Rogue One Squad Leader. I'm awaiting the grunt from The Mandalorian.

Every time he updates an order the landline rings with a text message. The first time it did that I was confused and expected it was just a scam call. Now I just go check my email, because I receive one at exactly the same time telling me the same thing.

Prices are good, and the figures are despatched from within the UK, but it can take a while before he can get around to sending things out.

Last edited:
Because they released like 6 figures in a week which a lot of people probably weren't prepared for.

They’ve doing this a lot lately; drop a bunch of releases all at once then go silent for ages.
I rather have something I hope to release then get nothing at all but I understand the worries.

I rather have something I hope to release then get nothing at all but I understand the worries.
I’d rather they spaced them out in a reasonable manner instead of having a flood of releases then a drought. I get that they have a huge backlog but still.

Well you should be ready then... I don't get it. People complain that HT doesn't release anything, so they do. Then people complain that it's too much. It's like complaining when winter hits and it starts to snow.

Back