1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah man Blade3327 should do it. Good idea!

notstupid.jpg~original

But you do realize how old the source material is correct.. how is it even relevant at the current show at all in today's market? Yes three years is longer than most releases but still not long at all when we are still seeing evidence of progress. They've changed the hair, the sculpt, the body, the pants she's wearing at each show. No for all accountant but small tweaks. That's reason to hope.
And I meant ask yourself why choose a negative view as your own personal choice not justify it with the ammo that HT has given you or given us all. Sure you have a point.
I'm sure it's a delicate process start to finish for them. It's long overdue yes, but I wouldn't label anyone still being positive about this as being overly optimistic. We are still seeing signs, it's at a show now currently. I think optimism only helps.

The source material may be old, but then again so are a lot of things in fandom that are still going today like Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr Who and so on, so age is not really a factor here nor if there is a fandom to cater enough to buy it. The Aliens fandom and films have gone long enough over time that they have to see that there is a viable market for it, but maybe not as lucrative enough as they would like it to be.

Another thing to consider here is with the Aliens line being a majorly human heavy one the retool and reissue value of the figures is not as cost effective as say Iron Man or Batman. Most of the humans would be one and done and the sculpting alone would be costly.

The source material may be old, but then again so are a lot of things in fandom that are still going today like Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr Who and so on, so age is not really a factor here nor if there is a fandom to cater enough to buy it. The Aliens fandom and films have gone long enough over time that they have to see that there is a viable market for it, but maybe not as lucrative enough as they would like it to be.

Another thing to consider here is with the Aliens line being a majorly human heavy one the retool and reissue value of the figures is not as cost effective as say Iron Man or Batman. Most of the humans would be one and done and the sculpting alone would be costly.

To am extent yes. But also... star wars and star trek have been revitalized for a more modern audience. Especially the way they've injected Disney's influnence in Star Wars now days. The Original trilogy is still tied into all, that being the meat of the story everything else evolves around.

Aliens isn't quiet the same... there's no mention of Ripley, the Nostromo events, the marines. The bulk of the story, is disconnected from the newer films more just trying to explain am origin for the creature itself.
As far as the cost... I'm positive at HT price point these would be more than covered and see it differently. If they redid every human character, your really just talking about new headsculpts which part of EVERY figure no matter the license. Also a lot of the gear can be shared and tweaked character specifics.
Drake and Vasquez virtually share weaponry.
As do Hudson and Hicks and any other of th3 standard marines they should like to add. Ripley is unique sure but being the star of such a beloved classic sci-fi film means she would sell out easy as any iroman.

Curious, do you think to level out their losses a bit they may release the Aliens Ripley on her own with the bomber jacket and other accessories and keep the power loader separate or also as a special two pack ? Seems to me a lot of fans here would rather get the Ripley from the second film separate rather than shell out for the power loader as well.

Curious, do you think to level out their losses a bit they may release the Aliens Ripley on her own with the bomber jacket and other accessories and keep the power loader separate or also as a special two pack ? Seems to me a lot of fans here would rather get the Ripley from the second film separate rather than shell out for the power loader as well.

If in fact pre-orders for 79 Ripley were so low, that pretty much cans HT from wanting to make the Aliens version. If they did make it, the only chance is probably 5 yrs AFTER the LAST Marvel Avengers/IM/Thor/Spiderman movie comes out and that fever dies down and HT needs things to produce. While those movies are still going strong, those will always be their mainstays and bread and butter. Not to mention SW as well. All other licenses/lines considerations secondary.

It's a beautiful dream.

Yeah count me as another who would be perfectly happy with an Aliens Ripley by herself, since it was a very cool look. Assuming Weaver's prohibition against guns would allow for it of course...

Given the time it took for ripley to release, how long will the loader take? Probably 3-4x the time. :lol

Yeah count me as another who would be perfectly happy with an Aliens Ripley by herself, since it was a very cool look. Assuming Weaver's prohibition against guns would allow for it of course...
Would seem a bit strange to me for her to have a thing against guns, but be perfectly happy with someone wielding a ****ing flame thrower.

Would seem a bit strange to me for her to have a thing against guns, but be perfectly happy with someone wielding a ****ing flame thrower.

yeah I bet NECA had to beg her to let them do the rescuing newt set, gun AND flamethrower....

An "Aliens" Ripley release would have me seriously considering picking up two - one two replace the old Power Loader Ripley and one to display all decked out with the Pulse Rifle and flamethrower (and Newt!)...

As memorable as the Power Loader fight with the Queen is, the movie poster version of Ripley with the guns, holding Newt should be a Hot Toys set more.

As memorable as the Power Loader fight with the Queen is, the movie poster version of Ripley with the guns, holding Newt should be a Hot Toys set more.

indeed. Plus, the only true and real accessory/companion piece to the 1/6 powerloader would be a 1/6 queen, and I sure as hell don't have the space nor desire to fork over the buku bucks a HT 1/6 queen would be priced at!

and I sure as hell don't have the space nor desire to fork over the buku bucks a HT 1/6 queen would be priced at!
especially as she would be as inaccurate as possible and made of rotting rubber.

Back