1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one don't mind joints. I want poseable figures not statues. This looks very nice and I hope HT starts giving this license it's much deserved attention. I watch these movies to this day and they are epic and still so captivating after what? 1000 watches!
I hope all these figures assoicated with this era get proper treatment, improved re-releases.

I know it's painstaking to wait and wait. But I'm just trying to lean more so on positive thinking. This while not perfect is still the best we will get if they choose not to improve so it's a much needed much welcome release. I definitely don't want it washed out by every thing Disney, Marvel, and DC.

I like the improved sculpt! Certainly wont complain and nitpick there and the power loader is quite impressive even if it is just a straight re release itself. Let's hope this is coming out followed by improved updated marines too! Now if only there was a clear concise way to get that message to HT and get them to make time to listen!!

Sorry to get your hopes up but there's not a chance in hell this going to be made.

You guys think they're just showing this off for the fourth (or fifth?) time as a one-off display piece? Not that I'm super optimistic about this, but they're putting a lot of effort into resculpting and re-revealing these when they really don't have to.

Really just need this to come with a jacket. That'd really justify the joints, plus you'd get additional value due to the second display option. Maybe include the grenade belt and the top half of her jumpsuit, too.

Throw in the pulse rifle and flame-thrower as well. Provides the opportunity to display in the power loader or as a stand-alone figure.

Then again, I already have the original PL so just need the figure. Heck, if HT were to provide just the figure as an option, I would be tempted to get two.

Sorry to get your hopes up but there's not a chance in hell this going to be made.

I made a point of positive thinking and someone immediately overlooks that with a negative counter thought. I ask you to ask yourself why... take a minute to do that.

I believe this piece is there at shows and such as more that a conversation or show piece. Perhaps to gather interest so when the masses stop drooling over other current mainstream blockbuster items then we can get back to these licenses that are already well rooted as iconic, extra patience is just unfortunately necessary.

Was this resculpted? I can't even remember what the previous iteration looked like if that's the case.

I still don't see a compelling enough reason to hope. They seemingly can't even release the '79 Ripley despite saying it was 'coming soon' months ago. And the Powerloader/Ripley is probably entirely dependant on how that figure performs. We're in a bit of a Catch 22 right now.

Last edited:
They seemingly can't even release the '79 Ripley despite saying it was 'coming soon' months ago.

I could be completely wrong here, but perhaps they're still tweaking her? Making some last-minute changes to the design? I get that they've been busy prepping Star Wars, Marvel, and DC prototypes for the conventions, but that's in-house design stuff. The only way that excuse would work is if there are still things to be done for Ripley in-house, no?

Then again, they've continued to release DC and Star Wars figures over the last few weeks that weren't teased in the most recent "Coming Soon" announcement. Could be that their final production line is backed up with more figures than they've formally announced. Suicide Squad Bats, for example.

Back to the power loader: I'm just thinking aloud, if this thing were cancelled, why continue to alter and show it off after three years?

I think Hot Toys has a lot of 'intentions' that don't ultimately pan out.

However, I know I'm not exactly being constructive here. Think I'll bug out and call it even.

Ask myself why? :lol They're doing a great job with their current Ripley. Zero updates in THREE years.

My point exactly a-dev. The fact that some are overly optimistic about this actually getting made is crazy, for said reasons above.

Ask myself why? :lol They're doing a great job with their current Ripley. Zero updates in THREE years.

My point exactly a-dev. The fact that some are overly optimistic about this actually getting made is crazy, for said reasons above.

Agreed.....

I think the Aliens line is dead..... they might release Ripley 1.0 if they have dumped a lot of money into it......just from a financial POV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Power Loader and Ripley version 2?

This is the prime example that led me to the departure of collecting Hot toys. Excellent prototypes that never see the light of day. The problem is that there are too many excellent prototypes that are shelved smh....

Video is from Hot Toys Annual Exhibition 2017 in Taipei 18th August

Power Loader @ 6:48
Cant see the info for the figure, the camera guy didn't pan down to it.

It says "Power Loader with Ellen Ripley" and below that, it looks like it reads "1/6th scale collectible figure" like it does on the Wolf Predator's placard.

Last edited:

But you do realize how old the source material is correct.. how is it even relevant at the current show at all in today's market? Yes three years is longer than most releases but still not long at all when we are still seeing evidence of progress. They've changed the hair, the sculpt, the body, the pants she's wearing at each show. No for all accountant but small tweaks. That's reason to hope.
And I meant ask yourself why choose a negative view as your own personal choice not justify it with the ammo that HT has given you or given us all. Sure you have a point.
I'm sure it's a delicate process start to finish for them. It's long overdue yes, but I wouldn't label anyone still being positive about this as being overly optimistic. We are still seeing signs, it's at a show now currently. I think optimism only helps.

Back