Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Watched Enter The Dragon and just went replaying certain scenes, I have to take back what I said.I AM ecstatic now! Wow! Yulli has done an AMAZING job. The Bruce in EtD has been really well captured. Arnie Kim's EtD was great to and I dont think Yulli's attempt is ANY less.
Also went through JC Hong's blog (translated to English via google) In all that garbled translation I understood he was talking about the issues with Enterbay and them when they got the Bruce Lee license. Reading the blog I realised why HT didnt use the two EtD resculpts Arnie made.

1. Because its disrespectful to Yulli and shows lack of faith in he prowess

2. Hot Toys didnt want to give their version of EtD the same expression and to generally avoid duplication of Enterbay's release which would make their figures in a way redundant. (This is not my assumption but what JC says on his blog)

also for those who'd like to read it themselves and see the two scenes on which both head sculpts are based on, heres the translated page link:
https://translate.google.co.in/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.naver.com%2Ftiger231

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Excellent summary & links, axecutioner18! Thanks!

Be water, my friend.

The more I look at OMGs pics, the better I feel about getting the Ex DX. I guess that I was expecting something along Arnies past sculpts, but looking at side by side comparisons, they were a bit cartoonish, exaggerating some of his facial features. But this sculpt aims to be as realistic as possible and the paint is just outstanding.

I'm not saying though that the sculpt is perfect to me, it still has some room for improvement in my opinion, but the way it is right now, it is awesome.

I agree that the realism dial has been turned up a few notches with HT when compared to Enterbay. I can see the appeal for Arnie Kim to work with better production values with HT.

It certainly makes it exciting as far as all future Bruce Lee HT offerings. I can't wait for a GOD Hot Toys Arnie Kim release.

Watched Enter The Dragon and just went replaying certain scenes, I have to take back what I said.I AM ecstatic now! Wow! Yulli has done an AMAZING job. The Bruce in EtD has been really well captured. Arnie Kim's EtD was great to and I dont think Yulli's attempt is ANY less.
Also went through JC Hong's blog (translated to English via google) In all that garbled translation I understood he was talking about the issues with Enterbay and them when they got the Bruce Lee license. Reading the blog I realised why HT didnt use the two EtD resculpts Arnie made.

1. Because its disrespectful to Yulli and shows lack of faith in he prowess

2. Hot Toys didnt want to give their version of EtD the same expression and to generally avoid duplication of Enterbay's release which would make their figures in a way redundant. (This is not my assumption but what JC says on his blog)

also for those who'd like to read it themselves and see the two scenes on which both head sculpts are based on, heres the translated page link:
https://translate.google.co.in/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.naver.com%2Ftiger231

Agree to your opinion, I think Yulli & JC nailed the HS! :hi5:

TFS that summary & link to his blog. :)

I see nothing earth shattering in either sculpt. The regular is good but not perfect and the BD still looks weird for some reason.

I see nothing earth shattering in either sculpt. The regular is good but not perfect and the BD still looks weird for some reason.

bruce-heavenly-glory.jpg

LOL ! I'm not saying it's all bad because I do like the regular HS. All I'm saying is that it's far from perfect. I just don't like the BD and that's all I can say.

EDIT: And that should of said "heavenly glory" lol

This figure is dam good, mite have to pick it up. HT is geting better and better!

Does anyone know when do toy anxiety ship there figures? do they ship their figures the same time as sideshow?

Thanks in advance

2 Exclusives sold for around $600. I was following both listings on ebay. It has not even been a week and it already is very expensive.

I think it's kind of ridiculous. Even if they are super rich.

2 Exclusives sold for around $600. I was following both listings on ebay. It has not even been a week and it already is very expensive.

I think it's kind of ridiculous. Even if they are super rich.

Its crazy considering the standard figure is available everywhere for $200 or so.

They're paying around $400 extra for a 2nd body and box ? :cuckoo:

I'm thinking of getting another pre-order of him, so that I can sell it for a buttload of cash down the road. :rotfl

Back