Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

That's hardly an essential look. He wore those boxing gloves for a very short scene.

Who cares how essential a scene it was? The outfit is freakin' cool!

..ok, ok, IMHO.

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Well then you'll just have to settle for the two outfits and the kitchen sink HT included in this set.

Well then you'll just have to settle for the two outfits and the kitchen sink HT included in this set.

No way man. Don't get me started on HT leaving Bolo out if the exclusive edition. NOT GOOD ENOUGH HOT TOYS!

If they made a John Saxon DX, it would actually be more realistic if you could pull the hair of his head.

How about a Chuck Norris with chest hair and have Bruce rip it off, but that would mean we need a Way of the Dragon Bruce from Hot Toys.

How about a Chuck Norris with chest hair and have Bruce rip it off, but that would mean we need a Way of the Dragon Bruce from Hot Toys.

Hot Toys will almost certainly do a WoD Lee. And they had better include the Colosseum in the exclusive edition or I am gonna be writing them some angry letters.

Hot Toys will almost certainly do a WoD Lee. And they had better include the Colosseum in the exclusive edition or I am gonna be writing them some angry letters.

Ha, that would difinately be the ultimate Bruce. Just imagine:

Hot Toys announcess blah, blah, blah, the usual.

- Authentic replica of the Roman Colisseum properly scaled for 1/6 figures with real sand and dust

-Authentic likeness of the cat as seen in the fight with Chuck Norris

Ha, that would difinately be the ultimate Bruce. Just imagine:

Hot Toys announcess blah, blah, blah, the usual.

- Authentic replica of the Roman Colisseum properly scaled for 1/6 figures with real sand and dust

-Authentic likeness of the cat as seen in the fight with Chuck Norris

Imagine no more, at least one of the cats looks set for production! Looking at the actual cat from the movie (top) and the proto pic (below), the paint around the nose and left eye has been poorly applied. It also appears that HT have sacrificed articulation with their newly developed fur/rubber skin. FAIL.

Cat_WoD_01.jpg

Cat_WoD_other-1.jpg

The fake looking body is much more distracting to me than the likeness of his face.

For those going for the pose without shirt, I understand the concern. But either way, the face sculpt needs some minor improvements as well. But since this is Hot Toys we are talking about, I sense we will see the improvements at least the facesculpt.

Any new images of this piece? I hope they have reworked a lot of the deficiencies...

When I say it initially, I screamed No. No! NO! Stop it! Stop it, please! I beg you! This is sin! This is sin! This is sin! It's a sin, it's a sin, it's a sin!

^^None in which im aware of....:(

...But Im assuming the "PERS" system will look something like this?
MN006.jpg

(Enterbay figure BTW)

^^None in which im aware of....:(

...But Im assuming the "PERS" system will look something like this?
MN006.jpg

(Enterbay figure BTW)

That's a better system than what HT put on the Joker and Bats DX. Heck, those are brittle, and if they break, you wind up with c()ckeyes. I like how each eye there has their own mechanism.

seriously, you can't spell out cockeyes?

Edit: nope, it appears you can. After a ''Major ____ Winters'' thread title was censored/amended I've been wondering how far the language madness extends in an effort to ensure civility and good taste on this forum.

2nd Edit: I can't believe it turned (insert common 'diminutive' of Richard here) into ____ !!? Shows how much I know about language filters.

3rd Edit: Sorry, back to thread topic. I too hope that the eyeball system is as simple and elegant as EB's. Otherwise I'll __________ my _________ _________!

PERS is a better system only because the eyes will stay together. With that system, they are very likely to never line up just right. Sure you can get some nice crosseyed and wonky eyes looks with the individual eye movements, but how many characters would need that? Now if there was a way to use that Enterbay system that woud lock the eyes in sync with eachother, than that would be the perfect system.

Enterbay was way overrated IMO anyway. The only reason they got so much pub was based on the exclusivity they had making Bruce Lee figs. Facts are, they sucked major balls. The tailoring was crap (not up to par of what HT will do), the sculpting was way too overrated and the figures looked dopey and cheap for the pric epoint. Heck, the sneakers on that yellow suit Lee by EB was hideous and he looked like a clown.

I'm sure HT will elevate and set the bar high on the Lee 1/6th scale market.

Plus, for the price, well worth it. EB can die a slow death...

HT OWNS!

Enterbay was way overrated IMO anyway. The only reason they got so much pub was based on the exclusivity they had making Bruce Lee figs. Facts are, they sucked major balls. The tailoring was crap (not up to par of what HT will do), the sculpting was way too overrated and the figures looked dopey and cheap for the pric epoint. Heck, the sneakers on that yellow suit Lee by EB was hideous and he looked like a clown.

I'm sure HT will elevate and set the bar high on the Lee 1/6th scale market.

Plus, for the price, well worth it. EB can die a slow death...

HT OWNS!

Hoo boy, unless you've been looking at customs, the GoD sneakers look pretty sweet to me.

enterbay-game-of-death-bruce-lee.html

pic source: Alex's Toy Haven blog

Medicom also made Bruce Lee figures - not the range that EB had, but EB is not entirely exclusive in this regard, so this can't be the main reason EB's figures enjoyed so much acclaim.

EB's Bruce's are a few years old now and I think the sculpts still hold up well. As does the tailoring. The paint app of a few years back isn't as good as Hot Toys can churn out now, but my FoF Bruce holds its own in my display cabinet.

Last edited:

Hoo boy, unless you've been looking at customs, the GoD sneakers look pretty sweet to me.

shoes.jpg

pic source: Alex's Toy Haven blog

Medicom also made Bruce Lee figures - not the range that EB had, but EB is not entirely exclusive in this regard, so this can't be the main reason EB's figures enjoyed so much acclaim.

EB's Bruce's are a few years old now and I think the sculpts still hold up well. As does the tailoring. The paint app of a few years back isn't as good as Hot Toys can churn out now, but my FoF Bruce holds its own in my display cabinet.
Well, I'm just glad I waited and didnt bite on some over priced EB figure. Sculpting will be better with HT, tailoring and extras, lets just hope HT milk the Lee license for all they can and make those EB pieces look like the glorified toys they are.

EDIT -
Oh, and Lee looks like a clown with huge shoes in that pic. HORRIBLE!

PERS is a better system only because the eyes will stay together. With that system, they are very likely to never line up just right. Sure you can get some nice crosseyed and wonky eyes looks with the individual eye movements, but how many characters would need that? Now if there was a way to use that Enterbay system that woud lock the eyes in sync with eachother, than that would be the perfect system.

The way I see it, as long as you get close enough. It's not difficult to line up the eyes using Enterbay's system at all and in this scale if you're close you're close enough, so to speak. A lot of regular, non-pers/360 eyes on 1/6 figures aren't painted 100% perfectly anyway.

The way I see it, as long as you get close enough. It's not difficult to line up the eyes using Enterbay's system at all and in this scale if you're close you're close enough, so to speak. A lot of regular, non-pers/360 eyes on 1/6 figures aren't painted 100% perfectly anyway.

Seriously, if you can't line up one eyeball with another eyeball you need help.

Back