Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Arnie Kim's head sculpt is way better than the HT one. In fact, Kim's work leaves Yunni's sculpt in the dust. The new HT muscle body is comical. What is this? Fist of the Northstar?!? I'd choose EnterBay's versions before I'd even think about the HT version. This is a fail imo.

Good for you if you can afford EB's BL figures. Many can't and the next stop is medicom's terrible version. So the HT Bruce is a great option for a lot of BL fans.

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Arnie Kim's head sculpt is way better than the HT one. In fact, Kim's work leaves Yunni's sculpt in the dust. The new HT muscle body is comical. What is this? Fist of the Northstar?!? I'd choose EnterBay's versions before I'd even think about the HT version. This is a fail imo.

I have the first Game of Death Bruce and let me tell you, Yulli kicked ass here with ETD Bruce, being her first Bruce (I think she's a her ? :p ) it is spot on, I'm talking about the normal head, the BD needs some tweaks. Arnie's first Bruce wasn't the best, sure Arnie's later releases kicked major ass, and I love them, but you have to give credit where credit is due, and I think Yulli did an awesome job, up to par with Arnie IMO.

I don't think it's a fail, it needs tweaks yes, but not a fail at all. I for one would buy the figure as it is, no questions asked, mainly because I don't have the ETD Bruce and Enterbay's are soooo expensive right now.

small or not, his thingie could break your thingie in half faster than you could type a smartass remark.

even if he's not dead, you think bruce's thingie would ever meet with shai's thingie?

i'd say a dead bruce's thingie is still more powerful than your thingie and shai's thingie combined.

bruce lee could prob do push ups with it :rotfl

I have the first Game of Death Bruce and let me tell you, Yulli kicked ass here with ETD Bruce, being her first Bruce (I think she's a her ? :p ) it is spot on, I'm talking about the normal head, the BD needs some tweaks. Arnie's first Bruce wasn't the best, sure Arnie's later releases kicked major ass, and I love them, but you have to give credit where credit is due, and I think Yulli did an awesome job, up to par with Arnie IMO.

I don't think it's a fail, it needs tweaks yes, but not a fail at all. I for one would buy the figure as it is, no questions asked, mainly because I don't have the ETD Bruce and Enterbay's are soooo expensive right now.

Actually, for the time, that original Arnie Kim Game of Death figure released by Enterbay was one of the best, if not the best. It had a very accurate Lee sculpt but lacked the texture, wrinkles and advanced paint applications that would come later on. HT's first Bruce figure has the luxury of being made nowadays. Not exactly a fair comparison.

Actually, for the time, that original Arnie Kim Game of Death figure released by Enterbay was one of the best, if not the best. It had a very accurate Lee sculpt but lacked the texture, wrinkles and advanced paint applications that would come later on. HT's first Bruce figure has the luxury of being made nowadays. Not exactly a fair comparison.

the prototype was very accurate the actual release differed from the prototype tremendously. mainly the nose . the paint app was also off . this being HT's 1st release is pretty F'n good . and for im sure half the price it will be a Great to Excellent substitue to any of EB's releases.

Behold! And a new fanboy war was born: Enterbay BL vs Hot Toys BL! Move over Sideshow vs Medicom and your Star Wars rivalry, you're yesterday's news...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

i think that we are mixing different points.
If you tell me that enterbay prices are crazy i agree, ht supposed price is better for the quantity of suff and the ratio quality /cost is a little on ht side.Agree with you guys.
The yulli sculpt has a great quality and refinement ad is an outstanding fu fighter.
But.
You can't say he's Bruce lee! i think this is a fact.
Maybe one can't afford enterbay price or is not concerned on having a perfect replica, but it isn't Lee.
Eb lee is completely different from ht one, if you think the ht one is bruce you have to admit eb one is wrong.
Can you really say that? ht figure is rich and refined but i prefer a replica of the performer than a figure that recalls vaguely the actor even if it has a lot of accessories. IMO:):)

Actually, it's being pointed out that the normal head is spot-on and I wholly agree. It's not a passing semblance. That's also Bruce Lee, and that's a fact as well.

The BD one needs some work, and even HT says as such in their display.

every one can judge for himself

I like how your comparison pic helps reinforced the fact that HT normal sculpt is clearly superior to ETB efforts there.

I used to think ETB BL were superior but those pics just go to show that ETB ones were quite off too, especially the jaw and eyes.

I like how your comparison pic helps reinforced the fact that HT normal sculpt is clearly superior to ETB efforts there.

I used to think ETB BL were superior but those pics just go to show that ETB ones were quite off too, especially the jaw and eyes.

So from that pic, your telling me that you think Yulli's sculpts of Bruce is better than Arnie's??

It's a magnet on the EB Neck,so if you can somehow attach a magnet in the Head that would work i assume :dunno
Belated thanks :rock

Not gonna do that kind of modding, but I do like the look of EB's bodies more than Sideshow's "extreme flexing" sculpt.

I'm not sure what I'm reading here!

Think of the date that EB GoD was released and the DX Bruce Lee, the time difference is huge! you can not compare the 2 - our have I misunderstood your post!

every one can judge for himself

Im sorry but don't bring Fist of Fury into this,that represents a younger Bruce Lee with shorter hair so...Plus,it's in hand pics and we all know the Proto pics looks a billion times better.
The Normal sculpt is very good indeed,which i always said but my issue with this figure is the awful body,the BD head will be improved a bit im sure,specially because it won't release Q1 2011.

If they improve the body,thinner and less "He-Man" i will get this.

I'm not sure what I'm reading here!

Think of the date that EB GoD was released and the DX Bruce Lee, the time difference is huge! you can not compare the 2 - our have I misunderstood your post!

Why not? Both are very competent and capable sculptors.

As being shown in the comparison pics, the DX04 normal head can go toe-to-toe with Enterbay's at worst, exceptional at best, especially considering this is the first one for HT.

@ Rock83:

I think HT is going for this reference:

Bruce2.jpg

Credit goes to Sabresong of OSW for this reference.

Granted, the body needs to be smoothed out a little, but isn't actually bad. I think we're more used to seeing more relaxed stances in 1:6th bodies.

Last edited:

I will have to buy 2 DX because, I want one Bruce Lee figure like this:
38976_415467182343_58690437343_5080605_8013168_n.jpg

And the other like this:
39360_415467607343_58690437343_5080621_1147703_n.jpg

And those blue flared pants are only x1. Plus, since one is going to be shirtless, I'll use the HT packaged body on the scarred up BL. But then I'll have to buy most likely an extra body (slim?) for the one that will be suited like the above 2nd pic. Slim will be th ebest option correct?

As being shown in the comparison pics, the DX04 normal head can go toe-to-toe with Enterbay's at worst, exceptional at best, especially considering this is the first one for HT.

I get the idea he is comparing Ver 1 GoD Bruve Lee to the DX Bruce Lee.

Thats like comparing a Mk1 Joker with the DX Joker.

I get the idea he is comparing Ver 1 GoD Bruve Lee to the DX Bruce Lee.

Thats like comparing a Mk1 Joker with the DX Joker.

But PERS won't come into play for this. We're comparing sculpts. It's appropriate because both molds are a first works for both companies. In this case, they're BOTH Mk1 joker, so comparison isn't unfair.

@ Rock83:

I think HT is going for this reference:

Bruce2.jpg

Credit goes to Sabresong of OSW for this reference.

Granted, the body needs to be smoothed out a little, but isn't actually bad. I think we're more used to seeing more relaxed stances in 1:6th bodies.

Yeah i kinda figured that but as you can see it is still too much,he wasn't THAT muscular,specially the Chest muscles that is popping out:slap
HT need to slim down the body and tone down the muscles a bit.

the EB 1/4 statue got the shape of his body perfect,the EB 1/6 bodies are perfect for an younger Bruce Lee,his body shape was a little different in ETD.

Yeah i kinda figured that but as you can see it is still too much,he wasn't THAT muscular,specially the Chest muscles that is popping out:slap
HT need to slim down the body and tone down the muscles a bit.

the EB 1/4 statue got the shape of his body perfect,the EB 1/6 bodies are perfect for an younger Bruce Lee,his body shape was a little different in ETD.

Yups, I agree. It's a given that the BD HS will be improved. I hope they do it with the muscle body as well. But if they don't, then I can still live with it. Personally, it's not as awful as some people portray it to be, especially with the reference pic. Then again, it all boils down to personal taste.

Back