Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

i don't understand why include so much replacable stuff, 2 head sculpts, 2 backdrops and 2 full on costumes. why not just throw in a second body and call it 2 complete figures?

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

I'm definitely ordering this one. Epic!

i don't understand why include so much replacable stuff, 2 head sculpts, 2 backdrops and 2 full on costumes. why not just throw in a second body and call it 2 complete figures?

well that would boost the price way up, and they would potentially lose a good portion of the market. this way people who can't afford an extra body can still use all the pieces included, they just have to alternate the display.

In this case, I agree. It's not like previous DX figures (or the big MMS sets like Marcus Wright or Thriller MJ) where you can just buy a separate body released by HT. I doubt HT will release the Bruce Lee body separately for purchase.

We'll have to hunt for parted DX04 bodies on ebay. Using a regular true type would work for the white shirt outfit but the rest, not so much.

Excellent question. :lecture

I guess this way it "appears" to have more extras included while selling at the same price (and saving on the cost of an extra body).

In this case, I agree. It's not like previous DX figures (or the big MMS sets like Marcus Wright or Thriller MJ) where you can just buy a separate body released by HT. I doubt HT will release the Bruce Lee body separately for purchase.

We'll have to hunt for parted DX04 bodies on ebay. Using a regular true type would work for the white shirt outfit but the rest, not so much.

I think they are actually going to be releasing the Bruce body separate for purchase. I remember reading that and on a video they showed the naked body with what appeared to be a price next to it.

I think they are actually going to be releasing the Bruce body separate for purchase. I remember reading that and on a video they showed the naked body with what appeared to be a price next to it.

Do you have that pic/vid/text in which HT says the BL body will be separately released? That's some good news if true, because they usually never release their special bodies (Dutch, Wolvie, T800, etc) separately.

Not quite. I think the HS will fit in a HT Slim. One is clearly intended to be displayed with bare top, while another is intended to be displayed with either upper garments on. You don't need the new muscular body for the one with the shirts on, so an Ht Slim would be more appropriate. Besides, the HT Slim has more articulation than this muscle body, from the looks of it.

Not quite. I think the HS will fit in a HT Slim. One is clearly intended to be displayed with bare top, while another is intended to be displayed with either upper garments on. You don't need the new muscular body for the one with the shirts on, so an Ht Slim would be more appropriate. Besides, the HT Slim has more articulation than this muscle body, from the looks of it.

I said that in my post that you quoted. You can just use another body for the white shirt outfit, but what about this one?

39360_415467627343_58690437343_5080625_3102389_n.jpg

It'd be great if HT would release a non-damaged BL body.

Do you have that pic/vid/text in which HT says the BL body will be separately released? That's some good news if true, because they usually never release their special bodies (Dutch, Wolvie, T800, etc) separately.

Mk but I gotta look for it. It's somewhere in this thread

I am guessing if Hot Toys does release the BL body separately, it will not have any BD.

I said that in my post that you quoted. You can just use another body for the white shirt outfit, but what about this one?

39360_415467627343_58690437343_5080625_3102389_n.jpg

It'd be great if HT would release a non-damaged BL body.

Oops failed to read that one ;D

Personally, I might still use a Slim for that and see if I can get away with it. If not, then I hope it's true that they'll create a separate package for the new body. However, I'm still glad that this set will only come with one body. Otherwise, it's sure to be at lease 250USD, and demand would surely drastically go down, mine included. I'm not willing to pay that amount for ANY figure (except for DiD's Japan Version Samurais)

Save you the trouble, I'll take your word for it, Biojex. :hi5:

no no I found it :lol

OMG's post about it.

WTF is my superman !!! :panic::panic::panic: and that body sculpt look like crap :nana: But I will PO, my first BL figure :wave

Price $1480HKD/PO $1450HKD/VIP 10% off, extra body $100HKD VIP $50HKD :yess:

and heres the video about half way through the guy pans up and it shows the naked Bruce body. Though I guess I hallucinated about the price.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY-e66X6_ro&feature=player_embedded

I don't know if it actually confirms it. maybe ask OMG.

Awesome. Now that begs the question as to why they don't do this for their other special bodies.

probably because the other ones dont have two headsculpts, batman DX has multiple headsculpts but you'd have to buy more batman suits also. and the joker just comes on a regualar slim shoulder true type

That is an incredible and beautiful figure that I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever.

They did not make a separate body for Batman, and I doubt they will for this.
Also just having the body only available in the whole package encourages people to buy more than one, especially sellers on eBay who like to part out the figure.

Well batman has a whole freakin' suit on over his truetype... unless you guys are talking about the truetype lying underneath... in which case I wouldn't know why you guys would want that.

Back