Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Don't feel too bad, I went looking for that thread a few days ago and couldn't find it. It was either buried, or I'm going blind...either way.

My DX-04 should be here tomorrow!

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

does anyone know if the sideshow exclusive body is the same as the suit and casual body? i'm looking to get an extra body for my ETD Bruce, so i just want to know what i'm buying.

does anyone know if the sideshow exclusive body is the same as the suit and casual body? i'm looking to get an extra body for my ETD Bruce, so i just want to know what i'm buying.

The only difference between the exclusive body is the sweat effect. On the causal and the suit verison the body is the same but with no sweat effect.

Hope this helped.

thanks for the quick reply!

bl2-2.jpg

bl1-1.jpg

A couple more phone pics..

it comes from eb kato right...?be careful with that type of clothes your body will be stained....:wave:wink1:

Arrived today, but one of the first things that happened was when I unsnapped his belt, the snap wouldn't go back in. The peg just bends rather than snapping back in. Oh well, I guess I could remove the snap and add a strip of velcro or something.

Other than that, its a pretty phenomenal figure. Love the fact that there are 2 backdrop. Now I just need a second Bruce Body so I can display him in his jumpsuit with the nun chucks.

Arrived today, but one of the first things that happened was when I unsnapped his belt, the snap wouldn't go back in. The peg just bends rather than snapping back in. Oh well, I guess I could remove the snap and add a strip of velcro or something.

Other than that, its a pretty phenomenal figure. Love the fact that there are 2 backdrop. Now I just need a second Bruce Body so I can display him in his jumpsuit with the nun chucks.

Yeah, that snap is a bit of a nightmare!:mad:
I undid his belt to adjust the height of his trousers but couldnt snap it back together at first.:gah:
It took me aaaaaages to finally snap it back together.
But then I wasnt happy with the height still, so I had to undo them and go though the stress again.:mad::mad::mad:
I advise people to NOT undo that damn button!:exactly::exactly::goodpost:

I haven't tried this, but it looks like the only reason why this should be so difficult is that there needs to be adequate pressure on both the male and female parts of the press stud, and the body itself doesn't provide this. Placing a pair of tweezers or similar flat, rigid object won't make this any easier? Seems to me folks are trying to do this without any tools, hence the difficulty.

I haven't tried this, but it looks like the only reason why this should be so difficult is that there needs to be adequate pressure on both the male and female parts of the press stud, and the body itself doesn't provide this. Placing a pair of tweezers or similar flat, rigid object won't make this any easier? Seems to me folks are trying to do this without any tools, hence the difficulty.

I think the main problem is if male and female parts are not lined up perfectly before attempting to squueze them together.
I just couldnt snap it back together with the trousers lower down(they were resting on his hips that are naturally wider than Bruces stomach)
I had to pull his trousers back up to his stomach and snap them together.
Made it much easier, but then his trousers are still high!:slap
Ive sorted it out now though by just pushing the trousers down with my hand.

I think the main problem is if male and female parts are not lined up perfectly before attempting to squueze them together.
I just couldnt snap it back together with the trousers lower down(they were resting on his hips that are naturally wider than Bruces stomach)
I had to pull his trousers back up to his stomach and snap them together.
Made it much easier, but then his trousers are still high!:slap
Ive sorted it out now though by just pushing the trousers down with my hand.

never has a few sentences been so easy to take out of context :wave

I'm just curious, but does anybody know if HT will make any more Bruce Lee figures? I just think it would make sense to make a version from each of his movies kind of like Enterbay did, especially now that Arnie Kim is there

I'm just curious, but does anybody know if HT will make any more Bruce Lee figures? I just think it would make sense to make a version from each of his movies kind of like Enterbay did, especially now that Arnie Kim is there

Well there's the new body coming out, which has its own thread here:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94456

And then there are the suited and casual versions that have been most recently released.

Supposedly HT only has the rights to ETD, as Enterbay has the Hong Kong films' rights exclusively.

Axe has it on good authority that EB has the exclusive license for GoD and the other Golden Harvest Bruce Lee productions - except ETD, which was distributed in the US by Warner Bros. This points to not much HT MMS Bruce Lee. But HT wouldn't be bringing out a BL muscle body if they didn't have something up their sleeve, so expect Bruce Lee awesomeness in the future - if not necessarily MMS awesomeness.

I'm still hoping though. I reckon once the MIS Bruces are shipped, we'll have an announcement from HT that they're doing THE BIG BOSS.

:lecture you heard it here first. :wink1:

Axe has it on good authority that EB has the exclusive license for GoD and the other Golden Harvest Bruce Lee productions - except ETD, which was distributed in the US by Warner Bros. This points to not much HT MMS Bruce Lee. But HT wouldn't be bringing out a BL muscle body if they didn't have something up their sleeve, so expect Bruce Lee awesomeness in the future - if not necessarily MMS awesomeness.

I'm still hoping though. I reckon once the MIS Bruces are shipped, we'll have an announcement from HT that they're doing THE BIG BOSS.

Hahaha, not really good authority but thats what JC Hong's blog was hinting towards (apparently Eb dont have the EtD license and made the HD1002 unlicensed, the HD1002 didnt have EtD mentioned in any promotional or packaging) and what Wai Man (breakersrevenge) said that Enterbay have exclusive rights to 1/6th scale GoD figures.

I would be THE HAPPIEST if HT get the license for all the future movie releases, seeing the quality of my MIS Bruce Lee I can BET that Arnie Kim + JC Hong = ULTIMATE Bruce Lee figures. Not to look down on YJ Park's ability (I still regard him as one of the BEST in the business and the reason why EB is still afloat) but Arnie has just PERFECTED Bruce Lee sculpting and JC Hong's direction doesnt need any new words of praise...

Thanks for the input everyone. I can only hope that HT does the best it can to take advantage of having Arnie on their side and make some outstanding and affordable BL figures. One more thing....can anyone who has both figures compare enterbays FOF head sculpts to the HT ETD

I want the Big Boss DX to come with a diorama from the scene at 2.26 :pray:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3NuwwetZtc"]YouTube - ‪Fight scene - Bruce Lee -The big boss- Ice factory fight‬‏[/ame]

Nobody else is getting this in the BL fan club?

Back