Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

DX04 arriving any week now, DX06 on pre-order... I am still waiting for the day when I get sick of this hobby, but it seems a long way off :)

I'd given up on 1/6 and sold everything off, but the quality just keeps going up...

"Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in!"

:D

DX Jack Sparrow, Casual Bruce Lee, Enterbay Game of Death ....gah!

:gah:

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Don't all attack me at once, but does anyone else think it is kind of pointless to try to flood the market with Bruce Lee figures in a short span of time? What I am referring to is the potential for Hot Toy's supposed one year license. I think it's great to make Bruce Lee figures, but I feel like they should just try to maybe complete a lineup of one or two Bruce Lee movies rather than just release a bunch of versions of the same character.

With Enterbay, they have been releasing Bruce Lee figures for years with gradual improvement on each one. It has slowly gotten better over the course of a long period of time. However with Hot Toys, they have a limited amount of time.

To make matters more interesting, their first Bruce Lee figure is a DX figure. Do we really want more Bruce Lee figures from other movies if they aren't going to be on par quality wise with this DX one? It just seems kind of silly to start with a DX and then go on to other figures. The casual and formal attire figures don't count. They aren't what I'm talking about.

Rather than seeing a Fist of Fury Bruce Lee or something, I think it would be more worthwhile to get basic figures of Roper, Williams, and Han. At the very least, I think we should get Han given the huge amount of possibilities for posing with the DX using the mirrior diorama. It just seems like slight wasted potential if they don't completely utilize these movie licenses. As much as we like to pretend that they were, these movies weren't just good because of Bruce Lee. He was the best thing about EtD, but everyone was still awesome in that movie.

It's either that or constantly buying the exact same body and slightly altered face sculpt just for a single new outfit and still paying a good $150 each time. I love Bruce Lee, but this just seems like a waste.

@monger the only thing I have to say is:

Iron Man ;)

@Monger- I want a BOLO.

I want a Jackie Chan/Stuntman!

For people who already have this, Whats the height of the diorama?

@monger the only thing I have to say is:

Iron Man ;)

With Iron Man you are buying suits of armor all of which look different. Few of them are actually just slightly different paint jobs. They are fundamentally different characters in the sense that the robotic suit is different each time. That is entirely different from Bruce Lee. With the Bruce Lee figures, if they are going to be releasing so soon next to each other they are going to more or less be different only in clothes. A better comparison would be if Hot Toys reused their Rocky license for a single year where they only released figures of Rocky, one for each movie. You'd basically be rebuying the same thing only slightly different each time. They would all be great and top of the line, but wouldn't it be more practical to just release a few Rocky and then some of the people he fought?

Arsyn's thread from the customs section:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91532

I guess the reality is there is a massive market for Bruce Lee, whatever the similarities between all of Bruce's characters, and a comparatively small market for the other players. HT have already surprised with their MIS Bruce figure (or figures), so maybe they have something different again planned for the next Bruce figure?

Also, HT have the license for Bruce Lee - they don't have the likeness rights for anyone else who might've been in his movies.

Ah I see. I didn't know it worked like that. I had thought that when they have the rights to the Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee, it requires them to have the rights to the movie in general. Well you learn something new everyday. I rather see more Bruce than nothing at all.

I'm thinking about going on the waitlist for the exclusive figure at Sideshow.

Has anyone's waitlist converted recently? or do you think it's too late at this point to get the exclusive from Sideshow.

There is always a chance. These figures are not numbered. There could be another Guardian Predator episode.

Has anyone's waitlist converted recently? or do you think it's too late at this point to get the exclusive from Sideshow.

It doesn't cost anything to waitlist so there is never harm in trying. Worst thing is it just doesn't convert. :dunno

I was able to score an extra pair of pants, socks, and shoes for $17.99 shipped!!! Does anyone know what the color of the soles are supposed to be? They were listed as brown, but now I see someone else listing brown and grey soles. Are there two different ones? Which ones go with which outfit? I guess it doesn't matter to much. I will plan on using the grey soles with the pants and shirt, and the brown soles with the BD version.

Hey does anyone know if Sideshow is shiiping out both versions of this figure or just the exclusive this month?I noticed that in their newsletter it only states that the exclusive Bruce Lee will be out in 30 days but not the normal version.Can someone elaborate on this,PLEASE.THANX!☺

I was able to score an extra pair of pants, socks, and shoes for $17.99 shipped!!! Does anyone know what the color of the soles are supposed to be? They were listed as brown, but now I see someone else listing brown and grey soles. Are there two different ones? Which ones go with which outfit? I guess it doesn't matter to much. I will plan on using the grey soles with the pants and shirt, and the brown soles with the BD version.

pretty sure you'd want the brown soled shoes with the white shirt and the white soled shoes with the BD version, but I could be wrong :)

Similar to with an above poster, i went onto the waitlist not too long ago and it converted the other day. I think you should definitely do it ESPECIALLY after the Jack DX pictures were shown in detail as you might get lucky and snag an EX that someone canceled in order to save up for Jack.

Appreciate all the feedback and information on the waitlist. I have went ahead and signed up for it and I'll tell you guys when and if it converts!

yah, mine converted too...placed 2 weeks ago...I think there will always be some cancels once the figures hit HK collectors...in-hand photos always turn off some collectors.

There are two shoes. My figure came with the brown soled ones on it. So I think the Kung Fu pants go with the brown soles. Also I just saw the movie to double check. He wears the grey soles with the sneaking suit only. The brown soles go with the Kung Fu pants all the time. Be it bare chested or with the white shirt.

There are two shoes. My figure came with the brown soled ones on it. So I think the Kung Fu pants go with the brown soles. Also I just saw the movie to double check. He wears the grey soles with the sneaking suit only. The brown soles go with the Kung Fu pants all the time. Be it bare chested or with the white shirt.

Thanks for the clarification!:1-1:

Back